The simple trick that's turned the Broncos around

Possible lack of hunger would be the only thing stopping the Roosters going back to back IMO. I dunno if their squad is stronger, but it's definitely not weaker. Chrichton for Ferguson.

The Broncos are pretty much an unknown force at this stage. We are all hoping they'll go well, but a new coach and a lot of experience gone means we just have to wait and see, probably until Origin is over.
Agreed, we did beat them twice last year though...

It's either us or Roosters imo. Make no mistake they are a chance of going b2b with Cooper Cronk still playing. Now Slater has retired curious to see how Smith goes as "the big 1", I don't think it'll float. Genuinely surprised the Roosters haven't bought a million a season player this off-season, though I suppose there is still time.

Well they bought a $750,000 player in Crighton. It was just signed enough in advance to not be a big talking point in the off-season.

Our biggest hurdle this year will be between the ears.

We have the players to win it, but if we get some really rough calls go against us, or injury strikes, there’s every chance we stink it up deluxe.

Happy to be proven ridiculously wrong though!

There was an article last week, telegraph I think, where niko talks about how Siebsy is getting the players to change the way they reacts to errors, bad calls etc. Not dwelling on shit and focusing as quick as possible on the next task at hand.
I'm glad theyre working on this area.
Go siebs.

You will for sure be the beautiful face of PwnMork Enterprises. I am just the weird guy out the back tinkering.

"Tinkering"....pfft,

you're spelling it wrong.....

"Tinkering"....pfft,

you're spelling it wrong.....

53a0701e60412_-_cosmo-american-pie-sock-xl.jpg

Genuinely surprised the Roosters haven't bought a million a season player this off-season, though I suppose there is still time.
They bought Angus last off season

Napa out
Angus in
Ferguson out
Brett Morris in
Ryan Matterson out
Ryan Hall in
Sean O’Sullivan out
Brock Lamb in

IMO they haven’t decreased much if any

IMO the Roosters are going to be very tough to beat and are probably the best shot at going back to back since we did it (although I thought the same last year about the Storm)

Brisbane, with a new coach and Bird and Gillette back, should be top 4 and anything can happen from there

Napa out
Angus in
Ferguson out
Brett Morris in
Ryan Matterson out
Ryan Hall in
Sean O’Sullivan out
Brock Lamb in

IMO they haven’t decreased much if any

Ferguson is a massive loss for them. He was exceptional for them last year. He saved their asses a few games. They will also lose a bit of aggression without Napa too and Matterson was a pretty handy player too.
People also forget that whilst the squad may stay the same, everyone circles your name in the calendar now. They wont get easy clock off games like last year this year being the premiers.

Ferguson is a massive loss for them. He was exceptional for them last year. He saved their asses a few games. They will also lose a bit of aggression without Napa too and Matterson was a pretty handy player too.
People also forget that whilst the squad may stay the same, everyone circles your name in the calendar now. They wont get easy clock off games like last year this year being the premiers.

Matterson was injured or completely missing for the second half of the season, and they went fine.

Ferguson is a big loss, but Ryan Hall (if he recovers from injury) is a perfect replacement. He might not be as agile but he is fast and powerful and makes a fuckton of metres bringing the ball back, which is where Ferguson's value was.

I love the optimism in this thread, but here is a dose of reality, the problems we have had in the last couple of years (in no particular order) are:

1. Attitudinal
2. Consistency
3. Commitment to defence
4. injuries
5. Our spine

4. is down to lady luck. The new coaching team seem to be addressing 1 to 3 in the pre-season. Whether that is successful will be significant in how our season unfolds.

5. remains a significant issue in my view. I will be surprised if at this stage there is any significant change in the way our hooker plays. Boyd is getting on and has proven to be somewhat injury prone. If he is fit and can regain some enthusiasm we could see some marked improvement in his game. Re the halves, it will be dependent on how productive the work being done by M. Johns is.

I think we will improve. I think that suggesting we are favourites or near favourites is very, very optimistic.

I love the optimism in this thread, but here is a dose of reality, the problems we have had in the last couple of years (in no particular order) are:

1. Attitudinal
2. Consistency
3. Commitment to defence
4. injuries
5. Our spine

4. is down to lady luck. The new coaching team seem to be addressing 1 to 3 in the pre-season. Whether that is successful will be significant in how our season unfolds.

5. remains a significant issue in my view. I will be surprised if at this stage there is any significant change in the way our hooker plays. Boyd is getting on and has proven to be somewhat injury prone. If he is fit and can regain some enthusiasm we could see some marked improvement in his game. Re the halves, it will be dependent on how productive the work being done by M. Johns is.

I think we will improve. I think that suggesting we are favourites or near favourites is very, very optimistic.

I think I speak for everyone here:

ABMO.gif

1. Attitudinal
2. Consistency
3. Commitment to defence
4. injuries
5. Our spine

:asz:

First loss we get and the screams for “bring Wayne back” will begin

First loss we get and the screams for “bring Wayne back” will begin
That'd be an improvement, the whiny bitches having a tanty about Wayne coming back didn't wait for our first loss to throw their toys out of the pram.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.