The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've come around to this signing, in the hope he's only a backup for macca (hoping macca just plays 80 all year next year) but we're never going to know that either way til the season starts.

theres no way he'd be on anything other than basic wage and he's experienced enough that in a bind (macca injury) we have reasonable cover available that can step in and do a job.

Which promising young guys do we have ready for round 1 2015 if macca is unavailable?
Cullen has done pretty well in ISC, Berrell is raw, but has so much upside to Waddell it's not funny, and there are a few running around in ISC worth the look at by the sounds of it.

Cullen has done pretty well in ISC, Berrell is raw, but has so much upside to Waddell it's not funny, and there are a few running around in ISC worth the look at by the sounds of it.

Waddell won't take their position in the depth chart if he isn't better than them. Competition, even within the depth signings is a good thing

Waddell won't take their position in the depth chart if he isn't better than them. Competition, even within the depth signings is a good thing
I don't believe that for a second!

Waddell is a much "safer" option than the rookies. He will be used before them, unless they are truly breaking the FG door down.

So my first post was 'noooooooooooooooo no no nooooooo'

and then I've said that a positive is he has nrl experience and the u20's dont look ready to step up.

How is that not balanced?

If you are going to have a go at me that's fine, but at least make it for something real. I provide plenty of opportunity

Well B4L, I reckon it is balanced.

On the other hand, if you had said: "No No No No No" I would have said you are definitely unbalanced :)

I don't believe that for a second!

Waddell is a much "safer" option than the rookies. He will be used before them, unless they are truly breaking the FG door down.

well I believe that the best player will get the job, I'm probably wrong

Things is beads, although you consider b4life a yes man, every single thing you say is trying to put WB down or if you like, seen through a prism of negativity. Is that a balanced view ?

You're probably both right [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION]

I think if McCullough went down, Waddell would start at hooker and Wayne would have a young guy on the bench (Berrell, Cullen, Taylor), and they'd share the role, because there's no way Wadell is playing 80 minutes.

You're probably both right @Porthoz @broncos4life

I think if McCullough went down, Waddell would start at hooker and Wayne would have a young guy on the bench (Berrell, Cullen, Taylor), and they'd share the role, because there's no way Wadell is playing 80 minutes.
Yeah of course, but what I'm worried about is who will be on the bench to fill the role if WB decides to play Macca for less than 80. I doubt any of the youngsters will get the nod ahead of Waddell, which is my biggest issue with him coming to Brissy.

Yeah of course, but what I'm worried about is who will be on the bench to fill the role if WB decides to play Macca for less than 80. I doubt any of the youngsters will get the nod ahead of Waddell, which is my biggest issue with him coming to Brissy.

I think Barba as the bench utility could work. He has had some good scoots from dummy half and is usually the one there when Macca isn't. I like McCullough but he rarely puts in a solid 80 minutes because he tuckers himself out with all his tackling. I like Hodges at fullback. He always draws in so many defenders. Imagine Milford and Barba around him constantly. Hoffman and Vidot on the wings with Copley and maybe Boyd (Yeah whatever, he's a good player) in the centres. It excites me.

The Sunday Mail is saying the WB wants to play Hodges at fullback and Boyd at right centre.

interesting tid bit for all Wb haters. newcastle has one 8 out of last 11 games now for the year. goes to show theres a well coached team in there somewere when they are not put under so much bs as they have been through the year.

interesting tid bit for all Wb haters. newcastle has one 8 out of last 11 games now for the year. goes to show theres a well coached team in there somewere when they are not put under so much bs as they have been through the year.

[MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] Middleton will probably correct me but I think Knights would have to be right up there in the top 3 teams for wins in the last 11 games so they have finished well.

@Super Freak Middleton will probably correct me but I think Knights would have to be right up there in the top 3 teams for wins in the last 11 games so they have finished well.

They sure are. With Roosters and Cowboys.

Roosters - 8 from 11
Manly - 7 from 11
Rabbitohs - 7 from 11
Panthers - 6 from 11
Cowboys - 8 from 11
Storm - 7 from 11
Bulldogs - 5 from 11
Broncos - 4 from 11
Warriors - 6 from 11
Eels - 4 from 11
Dragons - 6 from 11
Knights - 8 from 11
Tigers - 3 from 11
Titans - 3 from 11
Raiders - 4 from 11
Sharks - 3 from 11

Interesting tidbit for the Bennett lovers - his team missed the finals, griffins team didn't.

Newcastle also lost like 11 of their first 13 games, so it shows just how poorly they were coached.

Interesting tidbit for the Bennett lovers - his team missed the finals, griffins team didn't.

Newcastle also lost like 11 of their first 13 games, so it shows just how poorly they were coached.

Interesting tidbit for you, mate. The Wayne Bennett Super Thread will probably contain Wayne Bennett facts, such as the one jd87 just posted.

Interesting tidbit for all you old mates...

The files are in the computer.

130820_zoo2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Socnorb
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.