The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Bennett .....The NRL's very own black widow.

It's reassuring to know that this time round Brisbane will be his last club.

The bolded is under some current scrutiny.....

where is this information coming from?

and you're not allowed to say Dobbo on tripleM.

Dobbo? Please.

It's been said in many places will find and post when I'm next at the computer

Bennett didn't back Stone for the job he backed Terry Mattersen

Is that because you read between the words and made up your own theory? It doesn't say anything like that.

No .....I just read the words in front of me and come to a fair and reasonable conclusion.

Ben Barba finished the year at five-eighth. Where does that leave him?

That’s all to be determined. Right now I have no firm view until I get to training and see what they do well and don’t do well. But the halfback and five-eighth ... I am very clear on that.

He's very clear on where Barba isn't.

No .....I just read the words in front of me and come to a fair and reasonable conclusion.

It really doesn't even hint at leaving him out. It says he wants to work with him and get his confidence up. Dropping him to Ipswich won't give him confidence which is what Bennett wants to do. Therefore your fair and reasonable conclusion isn't exactly fair and reasonable. It's the exact opposite of what those words in front of you say.

Yeah, between the Milford and Hunt in the halves, and Boyd being the best fullback if he comes, it's hardly jumping to a conclusion... but more a fair assumption.

Yeah, between the Milford and Hunt in the halves, and Boyd being the best fullback if he comes, it's hardly jumping to a conclusion... but more a fair assumption.

Oh sorry man. I seem to have forgotten that there is only 3 people in an NRL team. Must be because I'm used to the one on one, SBW vs Burgess game on Friday.

Oh sorry man. I seem to have forgotten that there is only 3 people in an NRL team. Must be because I'm used to the one on one, SBW vs Burgess game on Friday.

Well you know now and that's the important thing

Why won't he play off the bench? How do you know? He is contracted to us for the next 2 years and no one will take him so he will play where ever the **** he is told to

Noone would want barba? Are you being serious? Noone would want the 2012 dally m medalist? Do you even read what you write before you post it?

Contracts mean nothing. Boyd is still under contract. Barba was still under contract to us when we signed him lol.

Well fair and reasonable doesn't include trying him out in a position he doesn't normally play.....talk of him being made into a centre seems a bit out there for mine.

Bench....maybe. I think it's a waste and I can't see Barba's confidence growing by being flung into a game on random minutes. If anything I think he'll deteriorate as a player even more. Maybe playing QCup and or an injury in the starting 13 is Bennett's only options for Barba.

Well fair and reasonable doesn't include trying him out in a position he doesn't normally play.....talk of him being made into a centre seems a bit out there for mine.

Bench....maybe. I think it's a waste and I can't see Barba's confidence growing by being flung into a game on random minutes. If anything I think he'll deteriorate as a player even more. Maybe playing QCup and or an injury in the starting 13 is Bennett's only options for Barba.

With the rise in salary cap it's likely that teams will be able to have 17 really good players in the team instead of 13 and some bench players. Roosters and Storm have had it for a while. It's a team sport. If Bennett wants him on the bench, he will be on the bench and be used properly.

"Barbas on, Barbas on" will be a call that spreads fear throughout the NRL.

With the rise in salary cap it's likely that teams will be able to have 17 really good players in the team instead of 13 and some bench players. Roosters and Storm have had it for a while. It's a team sport. If Bennett wants him on the bench, he will be on the bench and be used properly.

"Barbas on, Barbas on" will be a call that spreads fear throughout the NRL.

Honestly all the rise in the salary cap means is that the top players in the game will earn more (and maybe the minimum wage will be slightly higher).

we've already seen that happen... clubs aren't spending the extra cap space getting another good player ... they are giving it to the likes of Inglis and Thurston etc, by offering them million dollar deals

That's what you get when you try to butt in a grown-up conversation. Just sit back, watch and learn... :wink:

Honestly all the rise in the salary cap means is that the top players in the game will earn more (and maybe the minimum wage will be slightly higher).

we've already seen that happen... clubs aren't spending the extra cap space getting another good player ... they are giving it to the likes of Inglis and Thurston etc, by offering them million dollar deals
I agree with you this time:takdir:

Id rather barba left and played for a different team rather than be reduced to a bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • cento
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.