The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry man. I seem to have forgotten that there is only 3 people in an NRL team. Must be because I'm used to the one on one, SBW vs Burgess game on Friday.

There are only 3 players in an NRL team who play fullback, five eight and halfback.

Unless you think Barba can make it as a forward, which I don't think you do, then most of the other positions don't really matter.

Noone would want barba? Are you being serious? Noone would want the 2012 dally m medalist? Do you even read what you write before you post it?

Contracts mean nothing. Boyd is still under contract. Barba was still under contract to us when we signed him lol.

Bahahaha. wow, i mean wow you couldn't have fucked that up anymore, could you?

firstly, it has been widely reported and discussed in this thread even that the broncos have tried to offload him, and can't because no one wants him currently.

More importantly, I didn't say noone would want him like it was just my opinion, I said no one does, as has been stated. And then YOU accuse ME of not reading what I post. My god...

If you believe those rumours you've got rocks in your head. Other clubs would gladly take him.

It really doesn't even hint at leaving him out. It says he wants to work with him and get his confidence up. Dropping him to Ipswich won't give him confidence which is what Bennett wants to do. Therefore your fair and reasonable conclusion isn't exactly fair and reasonable. It's the exact opposite of what those words in front of you say.

Well fair and reasonable doesn't include trying him out in a position he doesn't normally play.....talk of him being made into a centre seems a bit out there for mine.

Bench....maybe. I think it's a waste and I can't see Barba's confidence growing by being flung into a game on random minutes. If anything I think he'll deteriorate as a player even more. Maybe playing QCup and or an injury in the starting 13 is Bennett's only options for Barba.

Id rather barba left and played for a different team rather than be reduced to a bench player.

I've been following the issue of Barba's confidence with interest. How would spending time in ISC or dropping back to the bench not improve his confidence? It's a proven way to make better players (if they're fair dinkum about developing their skills and not content to throw their toys out of the cot). A good example is Lachlan Maranta. Did not have the best year last season, had a spell in the ISC, and has come back a much improved and better player. Kahu, as well. While he had limited opportunities in first grade this year, I definitely noticed improvement. Heck, even Kennedy has come back slightly better. Why not Barba?

Looking at another sport, this discussion reminded me of an interview I watched years ago with Matt Hayden. It was around the time of the launch of his book. He related a story about how his editor or co-writer or whatever asked him the question "why are you spending so much time talking about your years in Sheffield Shield?" I can't remember his response exactly but he said they were the years that made him. He was in the top side, it was taken away and he had to fight long and hard to get it back. He came back a better player and never looked back. Dropping down to a lesser grade is not a demotion - great players wold take that as an opportunity.

There would be no better, faster and more effective way of getting confidence back then playing football away from cameras. It would be a good environment for him to get back to his best as his every touch of the football won't be scrutinised (either by the media or blokes like us). Surely that's a better way than just coasting by on form from 2 years ago, giving him umpteen chances and hoping "this is the week." I hope Barba sticks around longer than 2 more years but for that to happen these issues need to be addressed long-term.

I could say the same about Boyd

Of course you could. Even when there's a whole thread dedicated to you saying it. You could turn any thread into something negative about Boyd..

With the rumours around today that Thaiday will get the captaincy back, i'm wondering what the pro-Bennett crowd think about the decision (assuming it is true).

I take it you guys think it is a great decision even though most of you were calling for Thaiday to be stripped of the captaincy last season

I'd suggest it'd be silly to buy into rumours (something you always carry on about, foordy) and would wait to see what eventuated.

if it did eventuate, i would comment further on it.

Hopefully the rumour is just that, and Wayne has somebody better in mind for the captains gig.

Of course you could. Even when there's a whole thread dedicated to you saying it. You could turn any thread into something negative about Boyd..
So you've said for about the 645th time...

I'd suggest it'd be silly to buy into rumours (something you always carry on about, foordy) and would wait to see what eventuated.

if it did eventuate, i would comment further on it.

since everyone else on here seems happy to buy into rumours, i thought i'd just follow the crowd)

yeah, like the packer definitely coming to brisbane ones, that caused at least half of the forums to get out their bennett voodoo dolls?

boy, didn't that leave a lot of egg on peoples faces.

I would doubt that Bennett has told anyone at this stage what his intentions are and certainly the last person he would have told would be Dobbo. Just more bs rumours from triple m imo.

With the rumours around today that Thaiday will get the captaincy back, i'm wondering what the pro-Bennett crowd think about the decision (assuming it is true).

I take it you guys think it is a great decision even though most of you were calling for Thaiday to be stripped of the captaincy last season

As a spokesman for the pro-Bennett crowd I wouldn't be a fan of this move. I love Thaiday but think it is clear he plays his best footy without the burden of captaincy. It would be a perplexing decision from our leader if true and one that myself and the other Bennecolytes would view with some surprise.

We discussed this at the weekly meeting of the Bennecolyte High Council just a few hours ago, anticipating this very question. While initially we thought we would not respond to this as you only ever seem to give stock to rumours that support the 'Bennett is Beelzebub' movement, our official response is Dobbo.

Thank you for your query.

Yours Faithfully
Bennecolyte No. 213

Last edited:
since everyone else on here seems happy to buy into rumours, i thought i'd just follow the crowd)

Are you interested in becoming a Bennecolyte Foordy? If you would like to find out more before converting please let Cult3 or myself know and we can arrange some brochures and an information pack. Just to let you know if you join up this week you get a free t-shirt, drink bottle and a free copy of 'Being Benny - The Unofficial Wayne Bennett Story'. You will of course have to get rid of the god awful avatar.

Think about it and let us know
Bennecolyte No. 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • teampjta
  • azza.79
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.