The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, like the packer definitely coming to brisbane ones, that caused at least half of the forums to get out their bennett voodoo dolls?

boy, didn't that leave a lot of egg on peoples faces.
Did you miss the part where Bennett himself said it?

This is a bit like the "Barba has been shopped around, but no one wants him" story. No quote from anyone anywhere about it, but because Dobbo said it, it must be true...

I would doubt that Bennett has told anyone at this stage what his intentions are and certainly the last person he would have told would be Dobbo. Just more bs rumours from triple m imo.

I didn't actually here it on triple M. I heard it this morning on b105. they actually asked Parker about it, but he wouldn't confirm or deny anything.

thats not to say that the b105 guys didn't hear it from dobbo

This is a bit like the "Barba has been shopped around, but no one wants him" story. No quote from anyone anywhere about it, but because Dobbo said it, it must be true...
Bennett said he'd like to work with him again, he didn't say that he was definitely coming to Brisbane.

There is a stark difference between the two.

This is why I'm also not 100% convinced that Boyd will be here, I've no doubt if Bennett has the option to bring him here within reason, he'll explore it, but saying he's interested in someone doesn't guarantee they'll be here.

I did enjoy the dummy spits people had about Packer potentially joining though, that was gold. So many moral crusaders!

yeah, like the packer definitely coming to brisbane ones, that caused at least half of the forums to get out their bennett voodoo dolls?

boy, didn't that leave a lot of egg on peoples faces.

for the Packer rumours, i think most people (did not want him here) were worried because it came out of Bennetts mouth that he wanted to sign Packer and would get his man. just lucky i guess that the Dragons and Panthers decided to offer more money than us.

Dobbo, RLW, Peter Badel...

Bennett said he'd like to work with him again, he didn't say that he was definitely coming to Brisbane.

There is a stark difference between the two.

This is why I'm also not 100% convinced that Boyd will be here, I've no doubt if Bennett has the option to bring him here within reason, he'll explore it, but saying he's interested in someone doesn't guarantee they'll be here.

I did enjoy the dummy spits people had about Packer potentially joining though, that was gold. So many moral crusaders!
I know he didn't say he was coming, but he said he'd like him to.
I'm pretty sure people argued about that possibility, as we are doing about the possibility of Boyd coming.

I'm glad I entertained you with my crusade. Us, people with morals and values, always enjoy making those without it have a good laugh... :beer:

Dobbo, RLW, Peter Badel...
So, no quotes from the actual stakeholders... very reliable.

I seem to remember you wanting the same on the Boyd thing, telling us how we were jumping to conclusions without actual quotes from any of the parties. What's the difference here?

So, no quotes from the actual stakeholders... very reliable.

I seem to remember you wanting the same on the Boyd thing, telling us how we were jumping to conclusions without actual quotes from any of the parties. What's the difference here?

Huh? I was just pointing out it wasn't only dobbo. If you guys don't believe that barba is being shopped around that's fine, I honestly couldn't care less

With the rumours around today that Thaiday will get the captaincy back, i'm wondering what the pro-Bennett crowd think about the decision (assuming it is true).

I take it you guys think it is a great decision even though most of you were calling for Thaiday to be stripped of the captaincy last season

As a spokesman for the pro-Bennett crowd I wouldn't be a fan of this move. I love Thaiday but think it is clear he plays his best footy without the burden of captaincy. It would be a perplexing decision from our leader if true and one that myself and the other Bennecolytes would view with some surprise.

I'm a pro-Bennett guy but wouldn't be opposed to Thaiday reclaiming the captaincy. A crucial point I think which really hindered Thaiday's leadership was being forced to play in the front row. Being captain of the Broncos is hard enough let alone playing out of position and being given limited opportunities to play your natural game. I doubt Bennett would put him at prop so if the rumours are true we might see a different Thaiday as captain.

Just reading Bennett's 2 part interview today has further renewed my belief that the Broncos did the absolute right thing by re-hiring Bennett. He is a natural born leader, and he won't accept any nonsense. Griffin's problem seemed to be he was too chummy with all the players, he made a few difficult calls yes, but ultimately his bum chum ways with all the players backfired. Yes the players liked him but they didn't look up to him or respect him enough to play to their potential. Griffin just couldn't get them to step up to another level. Anyone who doubts Bennett doesn't truly understand Rugby League or comprehends how much of a great coach he is, and age is nothing but a number. We have our leader back and he will get us back to our glory days with a new crop of superstars.

Everything Bennett has been saying about what direction he wants for the Broncos has been spot on, we are really blessed to have Wayne back in the saddle.

Now Badel is claiming Thaiday is the favorite for the captaincy

Error Page

So one would assume that if Thaiday is to be considered as the sole captain, that he'd be required to play 80 mins each week ??

I didn't think he was captain material under Hook, but maybe Bennett can get him in a better frame of mind to handle the role.

So one would assume that if Thaiday is to be considered as the sole captain, that he'd be required to play 80 mins each week ??

I didn't think he was captain material under Hook, but maybe Bennett can get him in a better frame of mind to handle the role.

Unless I remember incorrectly he wasn't playing 80 minutes when he was captain.

Unless I remember incorrectly he wasn't playing 80 minutes when he was captain.

Correct.

So who gets the "C" next to his name when Sam goes off for oranges ?

I thought Sam struggled while captain but I was interested to read Arjuma Adams would be approaching Thaiday for ways to approach a GF. No mention of Hodges or Parker
It shows the young guys have a better relationship with Sam

The only positive I can see with Sam over Corey or Hodgo as captain is that he has a couple more years in him.

But if longevity is a contributing factor I would also prefer Bhunt and to a much lesser extent, McC over Thaiday.

WB is on the record saying he believes Bhunt will be the 7 for the next 7-10 years. Give him the captaincy now IMO.

I thought Sam struggled while captain but I was interested to read Arjuma Adams would be approaching Thaiday for ways to approach a GF. No mention of Hodges or Parker
It shows the young guys have a better relationship with Sam

Yeah I think that Sam does have a better relationship with the younger guys, and if he is actually the frontrunner maybe that is the thinking behind it.

I don't get the feeling that Corey or Justin are very approachable, especially if you are a younger guy in the squad

I don't think Hunt or McCullough need the added pressure of being captain, I'm still of the opinion that Alex Glenn is the best option for captain, taking into consideration age, consistency, speaking ability, level headedness, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kwomo
  • Evander
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.