The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the whole show from last night.

starts at 31:45 for anyone who is wanting to watch it.

jeez that makes me pumped (and more confident) for friday.

The way WB gave the very confident we're ready at the end of the interview gave me confidence we are going all the way

How good was that!! I was grinning from ear to ear, the look he gave Gus.... Priceless

When Gould asks Bennett about when he thought the Broncos may have a chance this season it reminds me of something Bennett said about the Broncos in 1992 after a match against the reigning premiers Panthers down in Sydney. Bennett also makes it clear that his intentions coming back to the club was to cut the fat/change the culture within the club even if it hurt for the short term, I know there is disappointment over losing Parcell, Taylor and Jayden but Bennett has shown his intentions of making sure the club in general where possible has the talent still there and ready for when he does eventually retire or move on.

We need to pile big money into cloning research. Bennett is irreplaceable to a clubs culture and attitude. Not only the coach but the man as well. I grinned when he made his comment about keeping Alfie around for the lols. I would love to be in that inner circle on a drunken christmas night.

As for his confidence....Well that speaks for itself doesn't it. For once in his life, Wayne dropped the poker face and bared his teeth almost. We're going to the Grand Final.

Last edited:
starts at 31:45 for anyone who is wanting to watch it.

jeez that makes me pumped (and more confident) for friday.
If you can even get it to play that is.

It's been going through about 5 minutes of ads... It finally started, then I skipped to the right spot (thanks for providing the time!) and it's now been going through ads for about another 5 fucking minutes, **** knows if it'll even start.

Never again will I click a 9jumpin link.

Yeah it's a pain but it does work at least for me lol.

thanks GCBRONCO works for me...

fucking fell asleep and missed the damn thing after waiting all night for it! didnt know Locky would be on, Joey sure is sensible these days.. bores me to tears FFS

bit irrelevant, but just win FFS

Last edited:
Excerpts from Footy Classified

“We’re that close it kind of hurts a bit thinking about how close you are and you don’t want to miss the opportunity,” Bennett said on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified last night.

“They (the Roosters) were one of the favourites before the season started and they’ve remained that all the way through, probably them and the Cowboys.

“No one was sure about South Sydney, whether they could back up or not, and they did self-destruct in the end, but the Roosters have been there all the time.
“We’ve never been mentioned in that type of ilk of the Roosters and even the Cowboys to that extent, so nothing has changed.
“I still think they are the premiership favourites and Melbourne has done well the past month, they’ve beaten us all.
“They’ve beaten us, the Cowboys and the Roosters in the last three weeks, so you can’t underestimate what they can do.”
“I didn’t really have any idea and then (fullback) Darius (Boyd) did his achilles in December,” Bennett said.
“I knew he was going to be pretty important to (halves) Anthony (Milford) and Ben Hunt, with a bit of advice out on the field.

“But we went for seven or eight weeks without him and we won a lot of games without him and that was a great boost to everybody.
“We stated to realise we were probably a better football team than we thought we were.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...title-favourites/story-fniabjcr-1227538092186

I completely agree with the first part of his quote. I wrote us off after we lost McGuire and haven't been able to shake that feeling off. Still, I'm confident the Broncos are going to give it their best shot and when you do that, anything is possible.

Last edited:
The last time Channel 9 had a show like this, they had Gus Gould interview Wayne Bennett in the lead up to the 2010 Prelim Final.

https://youtu.be/syxG5w-SGLc?t=8m57s

Start from that link and work your way into Part 5.

Really good interview if you want another helping. I watched this not long after we signed Wayne, and it helped cast a lot of doubts out.

If you happen to catch the start of the video, have a retroactive laugh at Hadley predicting Hayne's future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd make an appearance in this thread to reiterate.... I was wrong.....so very very very wrong. Bennett has done exceptionally well this year. Milford and hunt are the best halves combo without a doubt and teddy Blair is playing like a grizzly Blair! Boyd is playing brilliantly as well. I really can't see a Broncos loss next week. only weakness is reed, but oniell shouldn't worry him too much.

Well done wayne, well done

Just thought I'd make an appearance in this thread to reiterate.... I was wrong.....so very very very wrong. Bennett has done exceptionally well this year. Milford and hunt are the best halves combo without a doubt and teddy Blair is playing like a grizzly Blair! Boyd is playing brilliantly as well. I really can't see a Broncos loss next week. only weakness is reed, but oniell shouldn't worry him too much.

Kudos man, kudos.

If more people had the maturity of yourself this forum would be elevated from good to great. Admitting to fault is growth but some on here just don't get it. Some seem to think admitting to errors in judgement or whatever admission it is , is a sign of weakness but the mature mind recognises it as strength.

By the way, you were right....there was no Broncos loss the following week !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Rah88
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.