The Weekly Steve Michaels Award

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Reed. Hands down. If you put his highlights package together for the night you could do it to the Benny Hill theme song and it'd be entirely appropriate.

Was he chasing girls around in and out of different rooms?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Re: The Weekly Keith Award

Nominations for a possible renaming of this award?

Will get a poll up in a couple of days but want to give everybody the best opportunity to push forward their own ideas.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I liked the Steve Michaels suggestion from Beads TBH. Deadset, worst player ever. Complete numpty.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah I reckon it's gotta be the Steve michaels award

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

So just go with Steve Michaels then? 4 votes for yes, one more vote will make it decisive.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Yep, I'm in

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
DECIDED.

To be honest, I always felt bad for Steve Michaels. He was rated as a genuine prospect until Nigel Vangana basically tore every major muscle in his knee. If anything, I hope Yow Yeh recognises Michaels' career as a cautionary tale. Michaels fought really hard to be fit for Round 1 and never gave himself the time to get back to his best and his career suffered as a result. Doesn't help that despite clearly being in no form, Henjak persisted with him at centre in-front of Folau.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Keith is actually the 'award' they use around the club.

What does the "Keith" relate to...?

Reed. Complete numpty performance. What is it with these fucken red heads and why do we keep putting up with them?

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
DECIDED.

To be honest, I always felt bad for Steve Michaels. He was rated as a genuine prospect until Nigel Vangana basically tore every major muscle in his knee. If anything, I hope Yow Yeh recognises Michaels' career as a cautionary tale. Michaels fought really hard to be fit for Round 1 and never gave himself the time to get back to his best and his career suffered as a result. Doesn't help that despite clearly being in no form, Henjak persisted with him at centre in-front of Folau.

Cool little story(Not sarcastic), I'm learning more about the club because of you guys

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

What does the "Keith" relate to...?

Reed. Complete numpty performance. What is it with these fucken red heads and why do we keep putting up with them?

Truthfully I'm not sure. Unlike all those other 'hip' Broncos fans in the know, the only way I figure things out is via the media or forums.

The gist I got was that Keith is just one of those names. Nobody wants to be known as Keith.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Keith sounds like a bit of a special name. Probably why they named it that. Did Keith Gee ever play at the Broncos?? Could be named after him.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
It's probably a toned down version of being a khunt.

That slump in 09 was Michaels' downfall, he was the very definition of a turnstile in defence - it was pretty sad to watch in hindsight.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
Keith sounds like a bit of a special name. Probably why they named it that. Did Keith Gee ever play at the Broncos?? Could be named after him.
He was a massive guy and played well for them, on the wing a few times I think. I doubt it would be named after him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
vertigo said:
That slump in 09 was Michaels' downfall, he was the very definition of a turnstile in defence - it was pretty sad to watch in hindsight.

Games against the Rabbitohs and Raiders were really the big examples.

Although, in that Rabbitohs game I thought Parker and Wallace were just as bad if not worse. They gave Sutton all the time and space in the world to set up Fa'alogo, Pettybourne and Champion to run flat out so close to the line yet nobody really called them out on it.

Wallace did it bloody again on Friday on DCE. I have no idea why he thought it'd be smart to start trotting backwards on his own line. It's DCE for god-sake, even the wind could knock him over!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
DECIDED.

Agreed, he was a very promising winger. He was both safe and pretty good in attack. But the injury and him thinking of himself as centre when he clearly isn't just killed him. He might still make it as a FG standard winger somewhere, who knows.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
**** Steve Michaels, we kept him over darius boyd and then he plays like shit.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
  • broncos4life
  • Rambstien
  • eggstar10
  • bazza
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.