Third Test; Australia v New Zealand at Adelaide Oval

InB4 the bad headline puns start.

"Marshing their way to victory".

Easily the best test of the series. Bowler friendly pitches >>>>>> Batsmen friendly ones

Full credit to S Marsh. That was not easy.

Would have been easier if Mmarsh didn't throw away his wicket

Decent knock from Shaun Marsh. Watch the hindsight heroes come out in force now.

Marsh has already scored enough to get picked again. He'll go on to average around 4 against the West Indies despite blokes like Smith, Khawaja, and Warner hitting tons every innings. And then in the shield you'll have people like Maddinson, Lynn, Klinger, Lehmann, Dunk, Stoinos, Maxwell, ETC averaging 50+.

Mitch Marsh just secured his spot with that cover drive.

The thing is that Geoff Marsh wasn't even a good player, he was barely decent (look at his stats, they would be inexcusable You this era. The only reason he played so many tests back then was because they had no one else). At least Wayne Pearce was a legend.

Maddinson had scored 33 runs from 3 games till 24 hours ago! Lynn hasn't played a game! Lehmann is playing his 3rd game and got runs. They're terrible examples of guys that could be there.

G. Marsh's stats aren't impressive to look at 20 years later; that's not because he wasn't a good player. He did an outstanding job in a very weak Australian team and was an excellent vice captain. He took so many hits for that team, batting through and costing himself runs to allow other guys to get runs. That was his job.

So who comes in for Starc? I guess Pattinson and it will be great to see him back, he is a genuine gun.

If Siddle's back is worse than first thought as well, who comes in? My pick is Bird, the guy in my opinion is a more consistent wicket-taking version of Siddle.

Pattinson comes in for Starc. I think Pattinson will play the next 2 tests if he can get through them and will be rested for Sydney. I can see us playing 2 spinners in Sydney because they'll want to be cautious with our quick bowlers.

So who comes in for Starc? I guess Pattinson and it will be great to see him back, he is a genuine gun.

If Siddle's back is worse than first thought as well, who comes in? My pick is Bird, the guy in my opinion is a more consistent wicket-taking version of Siddle.

It's all a bit sparse after Pattinson.

Coulter Nile is suspended again and doesn't play Shield anyway this year.
Bird just took his first five wicket haul in 2 years coming back from injury and the Test is on his home track.
Behrendorff- started the year well but injured now- took four wickets in Hobart for WA and is a lefty.
Mennie- leading wicket taker with 14 from 3 games.

According to McDermott though, NCN is most likely in the next squad. I don't know if I agree or disagree with that but the there or thereabouts bowlers would most likely be:

Pattinson - Next in
Bird/Sayers/NCN/Sandhu/Fekete/Mennie - Probably all in the next group down
Cummins/Behrendorff - Injured
Steketee/Rainbird/Hastings/Abbott/Richardson/Faulkner - In the who knows category
Stanlake/Paris/ - Too raw

So...Faulkner a smokey?

NCN getting picked on the back of second XI matches is absurd. He really hasn't done a great deal in the first class side of the game anyway. It'll be just another kick in the head for genuine first class cricketers who give their all and for no reward.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • Poisoy
  • Sproj
  • Spike
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.