Third Test- Australia v South Africa

I'm not sold on this night test. I find it ridiculous that such a massive advantage to one team in the evening spell is considered good for the game
I like it as it as another layer to the tactics. That's what Test cricket is all about.

I'm not sold on this night test. I find it ridiculous that such a massive advantage to one team in the evening spell is considered good for the game

Night test cricket has been a massive success

Very good day for us. Great seeing Usman bat through the day but it was even better seeing the team bat through the day and seeing Handscombe show some stuff on debut.

How good is day/night test cricket? Apart from the fact you get to watch most of the action after you get home from work, it adds some interest to the last session. How often do we see day test matches, particularly on day 2, where the last session is just a boring bat-fest. Khawaja showed today, that if you apply yourself, and minimise risk as a batsman, you can survive no matter what the conditions.

Well summarised. The new ball is definitely not unplayable that's for sure.

Tell you what, Shaamsi has been pretty pedestrian thus far but that guy can really get it to break both ways. If he can settle, he'll take bags of wickets, he has some weapons.

This might sound funny but I think we have finally found the perfect partner for Starc and Hazlewood, although his stats don't look the best I believe he has bowled well with not much reward and some close calls

Who? Bird? Lyon?

Bird I presume, and I agree, I really like this fast bowling trio. They all have vastly different strengths / weaknesses and bowling actions, which makes it harder for the batsmen to settle.

We've been missing a reliable 3rd wheel fast bowler who can swing it, haven't had a good one since prime Hilfenhaus.

This match is far from over. If the Saffas can get a lead of around 120-150 they are well in the game. We've seen what the new ball can do during the twilight/night session and if the Saffas can bat for the majority of the afternoon session they will like their chances.

Bird I presume, and I agree, I really like this fast bowling trio. They all have vastly different strengths / weaknesses and bowling actions, which makes it harder for the batsmen to settle.

We've been missing a reliable 3rd wheel fast bowler who can swing it, haven't had a good one since prime Hilfenhaus.

Ryan Harris rang- he said remember me.

127 to win. Fair bit of time with the sun for the openers to get set.

We have a problem chasing low totals so it isn't over yet.

Good start. Get set after tea and then bring it home before dinner.

New shot from Warner - one-handed backhand top Spin slice for two.

Ryan Harris rang- he said remember me.

He wasn't a 3rd wheel, he opened the bowling for us.

Edit: I mean in the sense that Hazlewood & Starc are our mainstays in the team, Bird is one of those Hilfenhaus type players who is far from a mainstay.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Charlesstor
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maroon4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Skathen
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.