Third Test- Australia v South Africa

Looks like we've found our first slip too!!

Boy you look at the batting averages of SA's batting order and you just shake your head at how much we've been outplayed, it is absolutely abysmal and embarrassing.

So can we just establish that Lyon has zero change up? Every single ball he bowls you can pick based off flight, you don't have to worry about reading it out of the hand/ off the pitch as a batsman (unless it is an absolute minefield the likes of which we haven't seen).

Unless Lyon picks up a bunch in the 2nd innings I think he's cooked, he hasn't got a first class wicket since the first innings in the first test of this series. Give a young spinner a crack against Pakistan. I can't see them picking O'Keefe and it doesn't really fit the trajectory of the team to bring in a 30+ year old spinner, we're a young team, get a young spinner in there and let him learn with the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Picked it.

Now they have to survive 12 overs.

What a total ****-up! Warner and Smith - you pair of clowns!

Superb captaincy from du Plessis. Smith, are you taking notes?

I wouldn't rule out a sneaky declaration in this session.

I love the early declaration. Not because of the Warner **** up but because I think the somewhat smallish total could be pretty competitive on this wicket and also SA win that little psychological battle that the opposition couldn't bowl you out.

I love the early declaration. Not because of the Warner **** up but because I think the somewhat smallish total could be pretty competitive on this wicket and also SA win that little psychological battle that the opposition couldn't bowl you out.

It's been happening every day night game, Bulls and Blues declared three of the four innings. The tactic seems to be avoid dusk and stumps.

6 overs in neither opener off the mark. When was the last time that happened?

I'm loving this batting, the two Qlders (ring ins but who cares) showing how it's done!!

I'm loving this batting, the two Qlders (ring ins but who cares) showing how it's done!!

Have we ever had two foreign born left handed openers in a Test?

Renshaw has scored more runs than 38 Australian Test players scored in their career.

Last edited:
Renshaw showing how to leave the ball. Something we haven't seen for quite some time. Well done young fella.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.