Third Test- Australia v South Africa

Some good omens today:

Renshaw made 146 off 244 on the Adelaide Oval last year- including seven sixes late in the day- nearly all straight which is a huge hit at Adelaide.

His average is 77 on the Oval from that one game- two catches too.

Handscomb made his first century against South Australia.

Maddinson made 113 on his debut on the Adelaide Oval for New South Wales.

Handscombe # 447
Maddinson # 448
Renshaw # 449

Best batting averages from day night Shield games:

Dean 98
Klinger 63
Cowan 62
Patterson 62
Handscomb 60

Best bowling averages and wickets from day night Shield games:

Behrendorf 23 wickets @ 17
O'Keefe 18 @ 18.2
Fawad 18 @ 22.9
Starc 16 @ 16.8
Boland 16 @ 21
Hazlewood 15 @ 15.9

Min 3 games.

I just want these kids to show proper test cricket patience. If they put a high price on their wicket they will be successful. Nicking off to a ball that could have been easily left in the first over of the day will earn my wrath.

Maddinson is the new Shaun Marsh before he was in form. Expect to see him and his sub-40 average around the side for a very long time.

I just want these kids to show proper test cricket patience. If they put a high price on their wicket they will be successful. Nicking off to a ball that could have been easily left in the first over of the day will earn my wrath.

Renshaw does that- last year against Tasmania took him 47 balls to get off the mark and the Tigers were giving it to him, absolutely verbally bashing him. Making ticking sounds. He just smiled and kept going- he knew just had to get us to the 158 total.

He got us home with that 49

Maddinson is the new Shaun Marsh before he was in form. Expect to see him and his sub-40 average around the side for a very long time.

Two hundreds in seven games for Australia A mean he has earned his crack.

Cap presentations taking place- I love watching these.

Bowling first. Bowlers need to set a decent platform first up for the batsmen.

Very grassy wicket we could do something with the ball here.

Starc strikes. This is effectively a day/night series in five days, Starc should be devastating.

The umpires just don't look any more for no balls. They wait for technology to save their skins.

Starc gets Elgar!! Well deserved wicket, he has been on fire.

I know we haven't played well in this series,
but FMD we have been devoid of any luck.

Amla gone!!! Given how poor our series has been, imagine how much it would have been if he fired.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • Socnorb
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • whykickamoocow
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Dreaglor
  • Tmac
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.