Time for Milford to go

You don't risk such a thing when the game was tight. Jump on the ball and cop it on the chin, hero to zero very quickly.

And if he knocks it dead (or grounds it) when the opposition were unlikely to get to it, everyone tears him apart for conceding a dropout when we would have got a 7-tackle set.

And right until the last turn, the opposition were unlikely to get to it.

Can't win.

Mate....literally only minutes before the brain snap, he just scored a spectacular try using his own individual brilliance. One would have thought his confidence and state of mind (albeit it, briefly) would have been sky high, rather than being mentally fatigued.
You’re right bother asking why anyone does anything. Let’s all go what looks like the current Wayne Bennett plan of no matter how sh*t you play, how bad your attitude, how unfit you are, where you could improve or how unsuited you are for the job as long as you can hobble on one leg you have a job for life! Pesky little questions and theories just get the way of being a good bunch of blokes loving dad and getting their payday.

So much negativity! Its a game champ . We got beat by a really good team and copped a shitty call and a injury to an important player. Maybe you should be a little more positive

And if he knocks it dead (or grounds it) when the opposition were unlikely to get to it, everyone tears him apart for conceding a dropout when we would have got a 7-tackle set.

And right until the last turn, the opposition were unlikely to get to it.

Can't win.

Yeah absolutely, but in this case, Milf did mess it up. It didn't even look like going out and he should have gotten rid of it BUT...once again...where was the fullback? Was he even in the camera shot? I actually think he might have been in shot, jogging in no man's land nowhere near the ball.

That also said, why is Milf copping on it here in general? The last two weeks he has been brilliant and is getting very little credit for it. No, he has not been perfect, let's be clear. He still drops the ball and still has the occasional brain fade but goodness me, he is threatening to explode, he just needs the team to go with him.

Yeah absolutely, but in this case, Milf did mess it up. It didn't even look like going out and he should have gotten rid of it BUT...once again...where was the fullback? Was he even in the camera shot? I actually think he might have been in shot, jogging in no man's land nowhere near the ball.

That also said, why is Milf copping on it here in general? The last two weeks he has been brilliant and is getting very little credit for it. No, he has not been perfect, let's be clear. He still drops the ball and still has the occasional brain fade but goodness me, he is threatening to explode, he just needs the team to go with him.

It did look like going out, though. That kick was too hard, it was going dead, then it started to bounce back in and it caught him out. He didn't do enough to block Vunivalu.

He took a gamble, the bounce of the ball changed and it went against him. It happens.

I would put partial blame on Oates, as well. Where was he? Why didn't he even attempt to make it difficult for Vunivalu?

It did look like going out, though. That kick was too hard, it was going dead, then it started to bounce back in and it caught him out. He didn't do enough to block Vunivalu.

He took a gamble, the bounce of the ball changed and it went against him. It happens.

I would put partial blame on Oates, as well. Where was he? Why didn't he even attempt to make it difficult for Vunivalu?

Yeah I looked at it. It wasn't likely to go dead, Vunivalu was right there. I'm not one for Milf bashing, believe me. In this instance though, he made a bad decision but that's life, mistakes happen.

As for Oates, he had made the tackle directly before and ran to get back, he arrived too late to do anything unfortunately. From what I can tell though, Boyd was basically where Oates was kind of but just seemed to be almost literally spinning in a circle.

Yeah I looked at it. It wasn't likely to go dead, Vunivalu was right there. I'm not one for Milf bashing, believe me. In this instance though, he made a bad decision but that's life, mistakes happen.

As for Oates, he had made the tackle directly before and ran to get back, he arrived too late to do anything unfortunately. From what I can tell though, Boyd was basically where Oates was kind of but just seemed to be almost literally spinning in a circle.

As I said, the ball started to bounce back in which caught Milford out and allowed Vunivalu to pounce on it.

But there was nothing stopping Oates from running towards the ball and standing next to Milford to help shepherd it. He was close enough. It would have been legal and Vunivalu wouldn't have been able to have a crack at it.

The idea was right, the execution wasn't.

As I said, the ball started to bounce back in which caught Milford out and allowed Vunivalu to pounce on it.

But there was nothing stopping Oates from running towards the ball and standing next to Milford to help shepherd it. He was close enough. It would have been legal and Vunivalu wouldn't have been able to have a crack at it.

The idea was right, the execution wasn't.

Oates was trying to get there but he was too late coming from making the last tackle. The ball may have rolled dead but Vunivalu was RIGHT there. Look, I get Milf cops a lot of ridiculous criticism on here but this was a mistake from him, it happens and he will learn from it. The idea was wrong.

I've watched it quite a few times. It all happened quite fast but Milf actually looked like he was surprised no other Bronco was there and why wouldn't he be, could you imagine Slater not being there? Or any other fullback in the NRL for that matter?

So someone doesn't agree with the point you put forward, so lets not bother discussing things?

Sarcasm. Am happy to discuss but please read previous replies to my previous posts for context. Cheers

I've watched it quite a few times. It all happened quite fast but Milf actually looked like he was surprised no other Bronco was there

I thought on the night Milford got there with the intent to shepard the ball for another Bronco player to grab it. I guess he thought Oates was a lot closer to it than he actually was.......

So much negativity! Its a game champ . We got beat by a really good team and copped a shitty call and a injury to an important player. Maybe you should be a little more positive

This game wasn’t the main problem. Some dumb stuff and bad call but losing to the Storm while frustrating due to frequency of it isn’t a huge deal in normal season.

Honestly aside from Lodge and maybe Isakko’s boot don’t see any positives so far this season. Injuries mount, players keep getting away with same crap they have for seasons. Think we’ll hopefully squeak the 8 but not only long way off pace but long way off looking like wanting to win at this stage.

This game wasn’t the main problem. Some dumb stuff and bad call but losing to the Storm while frustrating due to frequency of it isn’t a huge deal in normal season.

Honestly aside from Lodge and maybe Isakko’s boot don’t see any positives so far this season. Injuries mount, players keep getting away with same crap they have for seasons. Think we’ll hopefully squeak the 8 but not only long way off pace but long way off looking like wanting to win at this stage.

TPJ's season so far, isn't a positive to you ......?

Not sure what will happen this year but its not the end of the world. There is positive signs and our future looks bright, we have been privileged to play almost every finals series since inclusion. Just enjoy the ride sometimes because nothing is ever perfect ..

The ball looked it was going dead and Milford would have been able to block anyone from getting to it.

Then the ball took a wicked bounce.
For me mistakes aren't the issue. If he had the ball playing and game management skills a 1/2 or 5/8 paid as highly as he is should have, I wouldn't care about a few mistakes. Even howlers like that. The same goes for the good things he does with his running game. But on the subject, IMO his running game should be much better given how much he is being paid and given the lack of ball playing and game management skills.

Still, could be worse. Could be Bird on approximately the same money...... Good player but signing him for that money has convinced me Wayne has lost his mind.

For me mistakes aren't the issue. If he had the ball playing and game management skills a 1/2 or 5/8 paid as highly as he is should have, I wouldn't care about a few mistakes. Even howlers like that. The same goes for the good things he does with his running game. But on the subject, IMO his running game should be much better given how much he is being paid and given the lack of ball playing and game management skills.

Still, could be worse. Could be Bird on approximately the same money...... Good player but signing him for that money has convinced me Wayne has lost his mind.

Can I ask, what is ball playing to you? You keep mentioning this despite the evidence showing otherwise.

Can I ask, what is ball playing to you? You keep mentioning this despite the evidence showing otherwise.
Well, obviously Thurston is the best at it. Taking the ball to the line, not beating the line with speed or footwork but through having defenders all over the place due to having no idea what the ball player is going to do with the ball. Mitchell Moses is another but obviously some way behind Thurston.

I mean, can we agree Mitchell Moses isn't as strong or as fast or have a good a footwork as Milford? I'm very confident in saying last season Moses had more line breaks and probably still has more this season despite the rabble Parramatta has been.

I know you will want to say "Milford isn't that kind of player.". I know it. I agree. For the money he is on and the position he plays, given that kind of player is what the team needs, IMO he should learn those skills quickly or join Wayne at the exits. IMO their fate is linked. If Milford can't produce, he is going to take Wayne down with him.

I don't really have a problem with what happened with Milf on that try. My concern is whether there was adequate communication coming from his team mates near by warning him of there being a risk and to kill the ball.

Active Now

• Mpost
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.