OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Good luck to David Fifita. No way could he turn down such a great deal.

Titans pack is looking pretty promising for the next few years: Fotoiaka, Tino and now Fifita.

Good luck to David Fifita. No way could he turn down such a great deal.

Titans pack is looking pretty promising for the next few years: Fotoiaka, Tino and now Fifita.
You're right and I think you can add Joliffe and Sam Lisone to that list. The foward depth goes a bit further too, Whitbread, even Wallace (who I did think would be playing for a contract but is actually signed through to end of 22, it was young prop Whitbread who will be trying for an extension ) so they've got a solid pack for next year.

Fotograph and Joliffe up front, Lisone +(Whitbread,Wallace) benchies Second row Fifita, Tino Alphabet with benchies Cartwright (yuk but playing for future, last year, maybe going) T. Peachy (utility) There's a few more in the background for second row but the quality does drop off pretty quickly after the starters. Still Holbrook might pick up Kennedy. I'd say the Tits will keep looking for recruits. Kennedy would be okay at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
You're right and I think you can add Joliffe and Sam Lisone to that list. The foward depth goes a bit further too, Whitbread, even Wallace (who I did think would be playing for a contract but is actually signed through to end of 22, it was young prop Whitbread who will be trying for an extension ) so they've got a solid pack for next year.

Fotograph and Joliffe up front, Lisone +(Whitbread,Wallace) benchies Second row Fifita, Tino Alphabet with benchies Cartwright (yuk but playing for future, last year, maybe going) T. Peachy (utility) There's a few more in the background for second row but the quality does drop off pretty quickly after the starters. Still Holbrook might pick up Kennedy. I'd say the Tits will keep looking for recruits. Kennedy would be okay at a reasonable price.
You are forgetting big herman (Ese'ese)

Appears Rabbits have won the fight to keep up and comer Suaalii with the help of Russel Crowe, So what’s that got to do with anything........just at times (like now) I wish we had a Russel Crowe, or a Nick Politis or a Dave Donaghy to stick up for us and get the job done that we need to get done ASAP.

Cut to Friday night as the sharks ready to kick off to no one but Anthony Seibold in a headgear and ill fitting Broncos kit saying to himself “come on Seibsy, you don’t need them”.

This is absolutely hilarious!

Appears Rabbits have won the fight to keep up and comer Suaalii with the help of Russel Crowe, So what’s that got to do with anything........just at times (like now) I wish we had a Russel Crowe, or a Nick Politis or a Dave Donaghy to stick up for us and get the job done that we need to get done ASAP.

Has anyone actually seen the kid play? Is he a spine player or what's the deal?

600k+ a season for a 17yo that's never played NRL seems crazy. I wouldn't have even paid that for Ponga before he turned professional and I watched quite a bit of him as a schoolboy.

I respect Souths for keeping him away from the ARU but I still find it hard to believe he will cope with the pressure that comes with that price tag.

I call bullshit to the idea that the Titans are building a decent team. Just because you spend big money on players doesn't mean they are worth that money. The more money they spend in overs recruiting big names, the less can be spent on the team supporting them.

I call bullshit to the idea that the Titans are building a decent team. Just because you spend big money on players doesn't mean they are worth that money. The more money they spend in overs recruiting big names, the less can be spent on the team supporting them.

They'll come unstuck when guys like Fotuaika, Joliffe, Clark, T Boyd, Brimson, etc. come up for contract re-negotiation and other clubs are sniffing around.

Splashing the cash like crazy on recruits will leave them offering unders when it comes time to retain. Even if they get Taylor to take a hair cut they'll still be short due to the balance of the wage book.

I personally hope the Broncos return the favour by throwing an extra 50k-100k on whatever the Titans offer Fotuaika. Wouldn't care if it cost us Lodge/Joffa.

Last edited:
Jarrod Wallace on Fifita:

He’s a huge signing for the club. He brings a lot of energy, a lot of talent and he’s already played Origin at such a young age so he brings a little bit of that experience too. That’s going to bring a lot of strike on our edge. It’s exciting but it obviously puts our big guys on notice. It shows you can never be comfortable in the NRL or any club and if you’re not performing, there’s guys who are always going to be pushing for your spot.”

Scott Sattler says the Titans need a captain:

“Fifita is a good signing but my real concern for them is that they have not signed a leader. That has to be the next priority. They have got all the cowboys, now they just need a sheriff. Fifita is terrific talent but he does not bring that leadership factor at the moment. Someone like (Roosters) Jake Friend would be a great signing for them. He has been through the hard times as well but the way he has led the Roosters with Boyd Cordner and played under one of the greatest coaches we may see in the game (Trent Robinson) I think he would just bring so much.’’

McHunt

Mate, they've taken a leaf out of Whites book of how to get bums on seats. **** the team and supporters. It’s all about sponsors and also in our case shareholders.

Over it. Hope he kills it for the rest of the year but man the back office need to sort their stuff out.

Finally got around to listening to the Triple M Sunday show podcast today on way home from work and have never wanted to sock the raging bald (sic) in the mouth as much as I do at this point in time.

Not only did he bleat ad nauseam about Fifita not signing just for the money, he then tried backing up his absurd statement by offering this gem:

“Well he didn’t leave for the money, in the end there wasn’t even much difference between the Broncos offer and the Titans one in terms of money”

Then instead of calling him out on his inability to do basic maths, third wheel Hooper just sits there and verbally agrees with him like a puppet even as Tallis was bumbling about trying to say how the Broncos has went from $800k for the the first 2 years before going to $900k for the third.

Do the math and apparently there is bugger all difference between $2.5 million and $3.45 million.

And if he didn’t leave for the money, why did the Titans have to offer a million dollars more over 3 seasons?

Absolute fucking moron. Gorden Raging Fool Tallis everyone.

Also claims that he cares about the kid and loves everything about him despite claiming he only talked to him for the first time on Thursday.

Last edited:

It's a similar situation as Newcastle. They're certainly not a good team yet but on the face of it, these signings have improved the prospects of the club which is all you can ask for when you've been in this position for the past 9 years.

Like Newcastle, Ponga, Pearce, Klemmer, Ramien etc. didn't automatically make them a good team but it certainly helped them become something more than a bottom four side.

For me, I still have a ton of question marks over the team. I'm sure somebody on here can rattle off a 17, but are those players like Brimson actually capable of being class players or are they merely a flash in the pan? We've seen those types before, the Chris Sandow, Jarrod Sammut, Ben Roberts types who string a few good games together and everybody goes oh how good and then they never amount to anything.

One thing I will say about Justin Holbrook, and it's a point that often gets dismissed on here, not only is he getting rid of the deadwood, he's making promising signings on the back of their departure. He's set to get rid of Leilani Latu, Nathan Peats, Ryan James, Kevin Proctor, Bryce Cartwright, Shannon Boyd all these big money players who simply weren't getting the job done. Instead of getting rid of them and replacing them with unheralded rookies like Darius Farmer, Kea Pere and the like he's actually making signings on top of it.

That's how you do a clean out. You don't do what Seibold did, release the squad and upgrade a bunch of rookies or players you happened to coach 7 years ago.

Last edited:
Don’t be surprised to see him want to come back in 12-18 months

The titans won’t win shit and we could start going maybe

Well, we do know they paid overs for Fifita but that may result in some savings on others who MAY wish to join him. We cannot know the future and it's fine to say 'it's all a mistake etc' but until proven it's just speculation as is contrary views. Which 2021 players aren't decent and ASIDE from an objection to others spending THEIR money as they see fit, what is the issue with the team assembled so far??

Listening to Dennis Watt, you can certainly understand what the Titans are trying to do with their recruitment, they are bringing together a group of talented young guys who have history and association and then putting them under a coach who seems to have a bit nous.

I think the problem is tho they have invested so much of the cap in these guys its like going all in, with a bit of luck it could pay off but they will need to compromise the overall quality and depth of the squad, a few injuries to the key guys and they are screwed.

I think you need that balance of quality across the squad in the game now, with the speed and toughness of the game injuries are a problem, investing too big in a few players is a recipe for disaster. You need those backup players ready to step in.

You cant have quality forwards and shit backs/halves or vica versa, you need that balance.
Sooo exactly like the Broncos... except their coach may have some nous.

If they get any injuries they can look forward to the season we're having 👍👍

Titans 2021
10 Ese'ese-Joliffe-Whitbread-Stone
8 Fotuaika- Lisone- J.Wallace
9 Erin Clark-Peats
11 Fermor-Stone-Wallace-Whitbread
12 Hipgrave-Whitbread-Wallace
13 T. Peachy-
6. Fogarty-Erin Clark-Sexton-Roberts-Brimson
7. Taylor- T. Boyd-Brimson-Erin Clark
2. Trey Spry-J. Pearson
3. B. Kelly-K. Pere
4. B. Fermor (lightweight 99k second rower)
5. P. Sami
1. C. Thomson

Really, they've got a decent forward pack with a bit of depth there and throughout the team. 2021 should be better as the team won't be loaded with overpaid retirees and quite possibly 2022 might even see a better balanced team.

They'll have Taylors 1,000,000 Cartwrights 750k, S. Boyds 750k with which to buy another solid halfback/5/8 and they might not need to either especially if Tanah Boyd continues to improve. This squad may look a little ungainly now but by degrees over the next two years it may be seen to be a well balanced reasonably cost effective top 6 team.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • Lozza
  • Fatboy
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.