Titans slide continues

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big capitulation today. That's 3 losses on the road this year.

With the majority of their second half of the season away from home, I expect the Titans will lose more than they win. Their unbeaten run at home will come to an end in the next few games too I reckon.

Probably still make the 8, but only just.

I think they may see a slide like they did last year. maybe not quite as bad though. (didn't they slide from 5th about 3/4 though the season to 10th or 11)

Great to see the arrogant Titans are losing games they should win easily.

I think there's more steel to the team. Will not write them off lightly. Prospects are good still.

A couple of their forwards looked average today and are sliding back into some bad habits eg Minichello dropping heaps of pill. Prince looked a shadow of his normal self without any go forward.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
I think there's more steel to the team. Will not write them off lightly. Prospects are good still.

Agreed. I have a feel with the majority of their games on the road the rest of the season that they will become a bit more aware of their need to step it up away from home and action on that.

I'll give you one reason they struggle on the road: They don't get the calls from the referees like they do playing at home

Ref killed them today but they killed themselves aswell, credit to the Sharkies though they were really intense today and played really desperate footy.

They have a great roster. They are as much a chance as anyone else of beating the storm.

Wouldn't write them off yet.

If they finish below top 4, I am pretty sure they will have to play 4 games away from home in 4 weeks to win the Grand Final. Therefore they can't win it.

I actually was thinking along the lines of being a finals chance rather than winning the GF would be a good season.

A realistic chance that is of winning finals games.

Compound - I think it was more that many people, mostly Titans fans, have given BHQ a revving up, talking up their chances of winning it. Second year in, no way - wasn't going to happen for mine. They've still improved a hell of a lot on last season and continue to look better away from home. They capitulated yesterday but have, for the most part, really fought out close games when not playing from Skilled.

They'll make the bottom half of the eight for mine, and definitely have the talent to push teams all the way. Don't know if they can do it for weeks on end in September just yet, but there's only one way to find out...

Paul Gallen is such a dirty rotten lowlife. Such a whinger. Everytime he got tackled he was nagging at the ref, and whenever he made a tackle he was being thuggish. Can't stand the bloke. At least Greg Bird is just a tough nut, and plays hard, but doesn't try and nag the ref like the baby Gallen.

The Titans forwards really let Prince & Campbell down yesterday....they need to lift their game. Minicello needs to learn how to hold onto the ball more. He's a bit of a Carlaw.

Bird tries to milk a penalty every tackle, pretending the opposition is holding him down and acting like he can't get up.

Spud said:
Bird tries to milk a penalty every tackle, pretending the opposition is holding him down and acting like he can't get up.

No doubt one of the reasons he plays for NSW.

Anyway, I thought Prince played ok and the try he set up was great - typical Prince, and playing in a side where the forwards had another off game didn't help.

I reckon they'll make the 8 quite easily.

mrslong said:
Paul Gallen is such a dirty rotten lowlife. Such a whinger. Everytime he got tackled he was nagging at the ref, and whenever he made a tackle he was being thuggish. Can't stand the bloke. At least Greg Bird is just a tough nut, and plays hard, but doesn't try and nag the ref like the baby Gallen.

Gallen is one of those blokes that if the Bob Fulton proverbial cement truck ran over him, you'd jump on top of his lifeless body just to be sure he was gone.

Note: for those too young to remember, Bob Fulton once suggested Bill Harrigan would be a better referee if he were run over by a cement truck. Not meant seriously, and nor is my comment above. Just that the game would be more enjoyable and better off if Gallen buggered off to England or Union.

Active Now

• Battler
  • DrGee
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.