NEWS Tom Dearden to Shit Factory: STFU already

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Unfairly maligned halfback Tom Dearden has pledged his future to Brisbane, despite being publicly wooed by Cowboys' alumni Johnathan Thurston. In a teacup storm entirely blown out of the Shit Factory's flatulent arsehole, fickle fans had been led up a turd laden track that had him relegated to the QLD Cup and ultimately pissing off to Townsville to bathe in a swimming pool of unearned golden coin.

Tom said:

“I want to stay at the Broncos. I love the club and this is where I want to be. I have the whole year here now before I’m off-contract so I’m looking forward to the season ahead. There’s competition for spots, I know that, so my focus is on keeping that number seven jumper and we’ll see how things go.”

407890 248556235224342 248555925224373 543471 1548470631 n 400x400

Rugby League stories don't just write themselves

On his most recent performance:

“It was a trial game so that’s what those games are for, to get things sorted and put some plans in place. It didn’t go to plan for us in the second half but I felt we showed some promising signs to build on going into round one. We can’t slip away again in the second half when the premiership starts.”

McHunt

Last edited:
I hope broncsgoat isn’t triggered by this, but his ball to put Isaako through a hole, then his backing up and silky hands to catch that awful “girl panicking during her first game of touch” pass that he then classily lofted to Mead who scores in the corner was pretty promising.

I have the whole year here now before I’m off-contract so I’m looking forward to the season ahead
Another dragged out negotiation.
Although I wonder if the club is pausing any contracts until Donaghy is on board

Last edited:
Dearden appears to have been assured the 7 just going by his words. I wonder how old his quotes/statements are?

Another dragged out negotiation.
Although I wonder if the club is pausing any contracts until Donaghy is on board
It does remind me of the tigers “big 4” nightmare where a shit club with promising juniors all come off contract in the same year and tried to hold the club for ransom. Ultimately going to the highest bidders.

I hope broncsgoat isn’t triggered by this, but his ball to put Isaako through a hole, then his backing up and silky hands to catch that awful “girl panicking during her first game of touch” pass that he then classily lofted to Mead who scores in the corner was pretty promising.
I’m sure that because it wasn’t in an NRL match, it won’t count 🙄

It does remind me of the tigers “big 4” nightmare where a shit club with promising juniors all come off contract in the same year and tried to hold the club for ransom. Ultimately going to the highest bidders.

Tedesco didn't go to the highest bidder, honest...just ask the Roosters.

Here we go again with the Fifita/Staggs routine of saying " I have the whole year here now before I’m off-contract ". No commitment at all.
I seriously hope Croft is named round 1.

Dearden hasn't proven anything yet. I understand potential etc but he has shown no game management skills, an average kicking game but good ability to break the line. If he wants anything above 400k, enjoy North QLD.

You pair, seriously. I hope he's chosen, has a blinder, goes on to win the Dally M and resigns with us.
I don't care if he plays or not.

Seriously, he is trotting out the same old tired lines we have heard in the past. He says he wants to stay here then goes and speaks with the Cowboys and tours their facilities. If he was that keen on staying with us he wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Hard to argue against the facts. He could make the commitment to be a Bronco, but he is holding back. His words say one thing but his actions say another.

Last edited:
He says he wants to stay here then goes and speaks with the Cowboys and tours their facilities.
You have that arse around: he spoke to the Cowboys, then after that said he wants to stay here.

Are you demanding he not speak to any other clubs about his post contract options because the fans might get jealous?

You have that arse around: he spoke to the Cowboys, then after that said he wants to stay here.

Are you demanding he not speak to any other clubs about his post contract options because the fans might get jealous?
I don't have it arse around. He's said in the past he wants to stay here, before the most recent article came out.

I don't particularly care if he talks to every club in the comp. That's not a problem for me at all. I just can't stand when they can't be up front and honest about what they are doing. Why come out publicly and and say you don't want to leave, then actively seek out other opportunities. If it's all about getting a better deal financially I don't have an issue with it, just say that's what you want. At the same time, if they choose to do it don't whine if Brisbane want to find somebody who will commit to the club.

I don't have it arse around. He's said in the past he wants to stay here, before the most recent article came out.

I don't particularly care if he talks to every club in the comp. That's not a problem for me at all. I just can't stand when they can't be up front and honest about what they are doing. Why come out publicly and and say you don't want to leave, then actively seek out other opportunities. If it's all about getting a better deal financially I don't have an issue with it, just say that's what you want. At the same time, if they choose to do it don't whine if Brisbane want to find somebody who will commit to the club.
Huh? Why the **** do you consider them mutually exclusive? Plenty of players haven't wanted to leave but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be aware of what other clubs have to offer. I meam, wtf is the problem with knowing all the facts.

To all those getting cranky at Broncos players testing their worth on the open market, I have two questions:

When the Broncos are looking to recruit, should we wait until our target (let’s use Harry Grant as an example) is no longer contracted to their current club before we approach them and invite them to tour our facilities? Imagine the circus in here if that was our strategy!!

I would also like to know, if Harry Grant was touring our setup right now, would you be absolutely filthy with him and tell him he’s got no loyalty and he should piss off back to the club that developed him?

Last edited:

Looks like standard negotiating to me. You always start by saying no. He needs to play hard to get on this contract.

But first he needs to raise his perceived value by having a blinder year.

Nothing to see here.

I don't care if he plays or not.

Seriously, he is trotting out the same old tired lines we have heard in the past. He says he wants to stay here then goes and speaks with the Cowboys and tours their facilities. If he was that keen on staying with us he wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Hard to argue against the facts. He could make the commitment to be a Bronco, but he is holding back. His words say one thing but his actions say another.
You mean that same old PR line that they learn from their managers. Oh , and gets asked by his manager to do him a favor for one of his idols to at least take a look around. I mean a 19 year old trying to make it in the NRL keeping his options open, God for bid.
The old cry for loyalty is just bullshit these days, everyone with an nouse for business will always keep their options open.
His commitment to the club will be to do his best and take that little bit less to stay .
People need to stop living in the 80's , footy is a fulltime job these days and a short lived one at that.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • broncoscope
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • Alec
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.