NEWS Tom Dearden to Shit Factory: STFU already

Huh? Why the **** do you consider them mutually exclusive? Plenty of players haven't wanted to leave but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be aware of what other clubs have to offer. I meam, wtf is the problem with knowing all the facts.
Nothing, just don't try to play it off like you don't want to leave. Be honest about your intentions. What's wrong with saying something along the lines of " I'd love to stay at the Broncos, but I'm also going to see what's best for my future " don't think anyone would have any issue with any player getting the best deal financially for themselves.

You mean that same old PR line that they learn from their managers. Oh , and gets asked by his manager to do him a favor for one of his idols to at least take a look around. I mean a 19 year old trying to make it in the NRL keeping his options open, God for bid.
The old cry for loyalty is just bullshit these days, everyone with an nouse for business will always keep their options open.
His commitment to the club will be to do his best and take that little bit less to stay .
People need to stop living in the 80's , footy is a fulltime job these days and a short lived one at that.
I don't think the loyalty thing has been here for a long time.

Looks like standard negotiating to me. You always start by saying no. He needs to play hard to get on this contract.

But first he needs to raise his perceived value by having a blinder year.

Nothing to see here.

He can't complain though if he is going to explore his options and we decide to pick somebody somebody else. Goes both ways.

Exactly, that is what I'm saying. Loyalty to a club is pretty much dead and gone, the only way players are loyal these days is if the club is doing well (roosters/Melbourne). It's easier to be loyal when your chances if a premiership is high.

I just would prefer it if they didn't come out and say the stuff like Fifita did then leave anyway. It's no wonder people are cynical. At least somebody like Latrell was honest about his contract situation when he left the rorters.

I just would prefer it if they didn't come out and say the stuff like Fifita did then leave anyway. It's no wonder people are cynical. At least somebody like Latrell was honest about his contract situation when he left the rorters.
Obviously the Fifita situation leaves a bad taste behind but I think he generally wanted to stay . In the end the ridiculous amount was to good to pass up , and the way we were playing amongst other issues was all positive for Fifita. Can't really blame him imo

Nothing, just don't try to play it off like you don't want to leave. Be honest about your intentions. What's wrong with saying something along the lines of " I'd love to stay at the Broncos, but I'm also going to see what's best for my future " don't think anyone would have any issue with any player getting the best deal financially for themselves.
Still don't understand your point. How is he 'playing it off as if he doesn't want to leave' ? I mean, how the **** do you know what another person thinks ? I cannot believe how entitled you are! You believe you have some right to know another persons reasons for their actions. It's not your business whatever he does and so far, all he's done is be open and honest but no, that's not enough for you. You need to know EVERYTHING.

I hope broncsgoat isn’t triggered by this, but his ball to put Isaako through a hole, then his backing up and silky hands to catch that awful “girl panicking during her first game of touch” pass that he then classily lofted to Mead who scores in the corner was pretty promising.
Needs to be in a highlights package and uploaded to youtube otherwise it never happened

I don't have it arse around. He's said in the past he wants to stay here, before the most recent article came out.

I don't particularly care if he talks to every club in the comp. That's not a problem for me at all. I just can't stand when they can't be up front and honest about what they are doing. Why come out publicly and and say you don't want to leave, then actively seek out other opportunities. If it's all about getting a better deal financially I don't have an issue with it, just say that's what you want. At the same time, if they choose to do it don't whine if Brisbane want to find somebody who will commit to the club.
Quite simple, if you do that you get shafted on your contract like Corey Parker did for years. How can you expect to negotiate a good deal for yourself if you effectively tell the other party, I have no other options, I just want to stay with you guys. If you know X & Y are willing to offer you this amount, you at least have a benchmark for your negotiations with the Broncos.

Quite simple, if you do that you get shafted on your contract like Corey Parker did for years. How can you expect to negotiate a good deal for yourself if you effectively tell the other party, I have no other options, I just want to stay with you guys. If you know X & Y are willing to offer you this amount, you at least have a benchmark for your negotiations with the Broncos.

I feel like there's a fair bit of currency involved in being a one club player. Parker may have taken unders during his career but he's still doing well for himself out of footy post-playing.

No no no. That won't do. You shouldn't think like an adult here and understand the reasons. On here, you must consider nothing and over react. That's the Forum Way.

No no no. That won't do. You shouldn't think like an adult here and understand the reasons. On here, you must consider nothing and over react. That's the Forum Way.

And yet you coming back? Doesn't that imply you do the same?

I don't care if he plays or not.

Seriously, he is trotting out the same old tired lines we have heard in the past. He says he wants to stay here then goes and speaks with the Cowboys and tours their facilities. If he was that keen on staying with us he wouldn't be looking elsewhere. Hard to argue against the facts. He could make the commitment to be a Bronco, but he is holding back. His words say one thing but his actions say another.

TBF, while i would love the players we want to keep to all instantly re-sign without a second thought or a look at rival offers ... this loyalty and commitment thing you speak of is a two way street, and if we didn't think he was the man to lead us into the future, we would jettison him without giving it a second thought (or loyalty/commitment back to him)

Obviously the Fifita situation leaves a bad taste behind but I think he generally wanted to stay . In the end the ridiculous amount was to good to pass up , and the way we were playing amongst other issues was all positive for Fifita. Can't really blame him imo
I can and will blame him, the guy is a piece of shit.

What's wrong with saying something along the lines of " I'd love to stay at the Broncos, but I'm also going to see what's best for my future " don't think anyone would have any issue with any player getting the best deal financially for themselves.
That's generally fair, unfortunately there are plenty of people who'd get bent out of shape over it and can you imagine how hard our shithouse media would run with it? Pete Badel's typing fingers are already twitching with anticipation. There'd be a dozen stories about the mercenary attitudes and Dearden set to leave Broncos and Kevvie's lost the dressing room and all the rest.

I can and will blame him, the guy is a piece of shit.

At least he has a hot missus.

Side note: curious to see if Brisbane pick her up now she’s in Qld or if she stays with the Merge

Still don't understand your point. How is he 'playing it off as if he doesn't want to leave' ? I mean, how the **** do you know what another person thinks ? I cannot believe how entitled you are! You believe you have some right to know another persons reasons for their actions. It's not your business whatever he does and so far, all he's done is be open and honest but no, that's not enough for you. You need to know EVERYTHING.
I do know everything

I've always been on the side of the player doing what's best for them. They would be mad not to. It's not the negotiations I have an issue with.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • davidp
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.