Tom Trbo

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Is Tommy’s current run of form on par with some of the other legendary runs throughout history? The guy is a man playing amongst boys this season at club and origin level.

Barba ‘12
Hayne ‘09

Manly looked like spoon contenders until he returned and if the rest of the team just shows up and catches the ball and makes tackles they could very well end up in the top 4.

No one even comes close in the best current player discussions except Cleary, air, and Latrell.

A shame he’s a NSWman but I’m happy I’m here to witness it.

It he’s going to be the one to stop Melbourne from winning the comp then let’s fucking go tommy!
Ironically both the guys I mentioned as other examples were fullbacks who dragged their team to the GF only for Melbourne to completely nullify their game through good tactics.

Maybe Tom can finally overcome the odds.

When he first hit first grade I wondered how such a tall, skinny kid is going to even handle being hit in a tackle without dying. I guess he showed me how stupid I was, in that he is just that fucking good that he doesn't let anyone tackle him.

When he first hit first grade I wondered how such a tall, skinny kid is going to even handle being hit in a tackle without dying. I guess he showed me how stupid I was, in that he is just that fucking good that he doesn't let anyone tackle him.
He’s also strong af

I can't recall a run of form that's been better.

He is several levels above everyone else.

2009 Hayne?
Yeah as much as the guy is a flog I don’t think anything will touch ‘09 Hayne. He was like a gamer with a maxed out player who was bored with how easy things had become.

Trbo is dominating at a similar level but the variety of skill with which Hayne did it is unparalleled- Inglis speed and power with Benji-like stepping, passing, and kicking. He’d step 8 guys in one run, kick 40-20s at will, chip and chase tries, 4 player cut out passes at full speed. He’s a squid as a bloke but must be the most physically gifted NRL player in the games history - just lacked drive, brain cells, and morals.

Yeah as much as the guy is a flog I don’t think anything will touch ‘09 Hayne. He was like a gamer with a maxed out player who was bored with how easy things had become.

Trbo is dominating at a similar level but the variety of skill with which Hayne did it is unparalleled- Inglis speed and power with Benji-like stepping, passing, and kicking. He’d step 8 guys in one run, kick 40-20s at will, chip and chase tries, 4 player cut out passes at full speed. He’s a squid as a bloke but must be the most physically gifted NRL player in the games history - just lacked drive, brain cells, and morals.

And **** it all up because he's a dumb **** footy player who can't think outside his own ****.

Wally in 1984.

Wynnum won the State League 21-10 against Souths
Wynnum won the Woolies Trophy 34-12
Wynnum top of the table by 9 points.
Major Semi v Souths 46-22 (Wally three tries)
Grand Final v Souths 42-8 (Wally one try)
Brisbane beat the Roosters in the Panasonic Cup 12-11 (Wally MOTM and one try)
Qld 2-1 winners- Wally captain and 2/3 MOTM.
Australia 3-0 v England Wally captain for the first time and one MOTM.

If the Broncos had come into the comp in 1984, they could have gone close to beating the Bulldogs with Wally in his form.

Tom's run of form has well and truly overtaken Hayne's '09 run.

Tom's been on fire ever since he came back at the start of the season. More tries, more try assists, more linebreaks and has been able to maintain this run of form for much longer. Hayne really only stepped up in the back end of the season.

He's such a pleasure to watch and he's not a grub so it's very easy to genuinely enjoy watching him put on a masterclass every week.

Just an absolutely incredible player, would love to see Manly go on a run and take an unexpected premiership

So serious question, what would he be worth if he was off contract and clubs were bidding for him for next year.

So serious question, what would he be worth if he was off contract and clubs were bidding for him for next year.
He’s currently on $1.1

how high can you pay 1 player without completely destroying your cap?

It would have to be $1.5m+

Though I don’t think he’s ever leave Manly

I can't wait for the next shitty instalmebt of RLL, the only place I'll be able to see Turbo carve up in a Broncos jersey.

If his overall isn't 97+ there's something wrong, the guy is a freak.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.