NEWS Top Bronco sends SOS to Israel

Our mission is to bring people together for the best sports and entertainment experience. We lead and inspire people to be the best they can be by providing pathways and opportunities to live positive, respectful and healthy lives. True to our roots, we welcome everyone to Rugby League, regardless of race, colour, religion, ability, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age. We proudly and publicly stand against intolerance and bigotry, and will actively campaign against it. We treat everyone fairly and equally.

This is the framework for the NRL's anti-discrimination policy.
Hard to have inclusiveness for both religious groups and same-sex groups, when one contradicts the other.

Where did this "millions of dollars" payout figure come from, Facebook?

For one, it was confidential so nobody knows what it was. Two, if it was going to cost that much to settle they would have fought it because "millions of dollars" was the absolute maximum they would have had to pay.
Well it was reported by the Guardian and about a dozen other news outlets that the amount as 3 million. The cost of the remainder of his contract.
But really we will never know.
Only if the ARU was sure of winning, they would not have paid him out at all.

Our mission is to bring people together for the best sports and entertainment experience. We lead and inspire people to be the best they can be by providing pathways and opportunities to live positive, respectful and healthy lives. True to our roots, we welcome everyone to Rugby League, regardless of race, colour, religion, ability, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age. We proudly and publicly stand against intolerance and bigotry, and will actively campaign against it. We treat everyone fairly and equally.

This is the framework for the NRL's anti-discrimination policy.
Hard to have inclusiveness for both religious groups and same-sex groups, when one contradicts the other.
He is allowed to have his religion as long as he doesn't discriminate against others using it.

Plenty of religious people can respect their religion and others at the same time, spare me the fucking violins for this highly paid sportsman that is so devote that he can't even remain within the one religion.

He is allowed to have his religion as long as he doesn't discriminate against others using it.

Plenty of religious people can respect their religion and others at the same time, spare me the fucking violins for this highly paid sportsman that is so devote that he can't even remain within the one religion.
Yea im playing violins for Folau you deadshit. Ive said time and again i dont condone what he said, or blame the NRL for not hiring him so take your bullshit somewhere else.
Their inclusiveness policy includes a religion that openly condemns homosexuality, yet includes gay people in its list.
Not a hard concept to grasp dickhead.
back on ignore you go.

more than happy to discuss the topic in a civil way, but you come at me every time i post so you can get fucked.

Last edited:
Well it was reported by the Guardian and about a dozen other news outlets that the amount as 3 million. The cost of the remainder of his contract.
But really we will never know.
Only if the ARU was sure of winning, they would not have paid him out at all.
So really it cost them nothing, because he would have been paid that anyway. It's hardly an indictment on their actions if they're no worse off (they are in fact better off thanks to the sponsorships they didn't lose by keeping him around)..

So really it cost them nothing, because he would have been paid that anyway. It's hardly an indictment on their actions if they're no worse off (they are in fact better off thanks to the sponsorships they didn't lose by keeping him around)..
Maybe, the reputation hit was negative though. And it was widely reported as a win for Folau.
I think the NRL is better of not registering him due to all this baggage, but if he could leave all that shit offline, he would be a sure thing.

Yea im playing violins for Folau you deadshit. Ive said time and again i dont condone what he said, or blame the NRL for not hiring him so take your bullshit somewhere else.
Their inclusiveness policy includes a religion that openly condemns homosexuality, yet includes gay people in its list.
Not a hard concept to grasp dickhead.
back on ignore you go.

more than happy to discuss the topic in a civil way, but you come at me every time i post so you can get fucked.
Aww no don't put me on ignore :'(

'Come at you'? Really? wow.

He could still be playing if he just took the post down. Sponsors don’t trust him because he’s given them no reason to be trusted. Clubs shouldn’t be forced to hire someone who wouldn’t be good for their own business.

Also, can we start banning people for insults again? Been happening way too often lately.

Agreed, however, are those conditions themselves not discriminatory? I mean, would those conditions be ok if you were to tell a gay person they cant talk about their sexuality to keep their job?

US armed forces ; don`t ask . Don`t tell is the moto ...

BTW, there is a paywalled article on the Australian (can only read the summary) that says Folau could be allowed to play in the QLD cup. this IMO, would be a good step for him ...

right now teams can't be fucked going to the trouble of trying to not only get a contract registered for Folau, but also to the PR effort it would take to appease a club sponsors; expecially given he is over 30 and hasn't played in the NRL in more than a decade

however, should he play for an ISC club and dominate, NRL clubs may be more inclined to taking a punt on him

Maybe, the reputation hit was negative though. And it was widely reported as a win for Folau.
I think the NRL is better of not registering him due to all this baggage, but if he could leave all that shit offline, he would be a sure thing.
Only to some people. Their reputation would have improved in the eyes of others. The vast majority probably didn't give a shit either way.

Karmichael Hunt:

“I played with Izzy and know him. Personally I don’t agree with his beliefs, but they’re his beliefs and he is entitled to them. If he was to come back and play league in the Q-Cup I think why not?"

“I know Izzy personally and he is not a bad person. He has his beliefs which millions of other people in the world share. They are beliefs that are thousands of years old. I don’t agree with him but I have family members of the same faith. It’s their reality."

“In saying that, there are repercussions for what we say and do. He is definitely paying for that. If there is an opportunity that pops up for him to come back and play Q-Cup, I’ve got no issues at all.”

McHunt

Last edited:
He could still be playing if he just took the post down. Sponsors don’t trust him because he’s given them no reason to be trusted. Clubs shouldn’t be forced to hire someone who wouldn’t be good for their own business.

Also, can we start banning people for insults again? Been happening way too often lately.
johnny depp tear GIF

A guy that has always chased money is not going to take $20,000 and train three nights a week.

A guy that has always chased money is not going to take $20,000 and train three nights a week.
You'd have to assume he's still training on some level right now and doing it for free.

If it's the best way for him to stay match fit and therefore viable for an NRL club to pick up if the NRL changes it's mind at some point then it may be worth doing it for shit money.

He clearly still wants to play at an elite level, but 2 years out of any code at his age and he's starting to look like too big a risk from a football perspective to bother with and surely he knows that too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.