Top four - will we make it?

Will the Broncos make the Top Four??

• Total voters
A

Andyman

BRL Player
Mar 7, 2008
mick! said:
I'm praying for a Cowboys, Dragons and Broncos win this week, that's for sure! I think the Cowboys could well ambush the Roosters....

I tipped the Cows to win. I really don't rate the chooks as premiership material and they can be beaten by the Cows as easily as they can beat the Eagles.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
In our house it's a Cows ambush. On what grounds I have no idea apart from the fact we want the Chooks to lose. [icon_shru
If the Cowboys can remember that the white line is where you put the ball down and it gives you points then they will be okay. icon_smile
Past weeks they are the old Cows who are afraid of the chalk.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Rumours on another forum that motormouth mckinnon and vatuvei could be back tonight. Hope they're getting the info from the same source as dribbler weidler.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm reporting rumours from another forum. And i'm still a better reporter than the dribbler!

I think your right though Rock, six months is too early. Unless locky has been in his ear?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I reckon the Chooks will flog NQL - let's wait and see...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Yeah, Roosters will smash Cows I reckon.

If Sharks lose, and we w in this week, we'll be 1 outside the 4.

Well the Goldfish won. Now it's up to us to smash the Raiders.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
mckinnon not playing tonight. Does that make me less credible than the dribbler, if such a thing is possible? [icon_lol1.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Well we're definitely made the 8. We're 7 competition points clear of 9th position with 5 games to go, so we're certainties. Crack open the piggy bank, rna.

It's open - and I'm glad it is - but as I said, my view at the time was largely based on us having a fit Locky who IS awesome in every aspect of the game.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
Locky who IS awesome in every aspect of the game.

He still can't tackle to save himself, but yeah despite that I love him and you just have to accomodate it as best you can. He had a few great shirt/air grabs today.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
rnabokov said:
Locky who IS awesome in every aspect of the game.

He still can't tackle to save himself, but yeah despite that I love him and you just have to accomodate it as best you can. He had a few great shirt/air grabs today.

He may not be great at tackling, but he reads the play so well. Whenever he rushes up, even if he misses the tackle, he slows down the opposition and gives our defence a chance to reasses.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm pretty sute that we will finish 5th and have to play either the Roosters or Sharks. with both the Roosters and Sharks winning this weekend it still leaves us 3 points out of 4th.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
So, mathematician types; is it now impossible for us to NOT be in the 8??????

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Locky's cover defence was excellent, and his vision in reading the game makes up for any tackles that he occasionally misses - but when he misses, it's rarely one-on-one: there's usually others to wrap up the attacker.

Lockyer is simply irreplaceable - simply superb.

And Hunt is finally stepping up.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I kinda disagree about Hunt "finally" stepping up, I thought he has been stepping up since 2006. I think the biggest reason he played so well in attack today was because he didn't have to do much work bringing the ball back, and he probably wasn't feeling as sore for the same reason.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
I kinda disagree about Hunt "finally" stepping up, I thought he has been stepping up since 2006. I think the biggest reason he played so well in attack today was because he didn't have to do much work bringing the ball back, and he probably wasn't feeling as sore for the same reason.

I haven't seen Hunt up in the attacking line as much as he was for ages, as he was today - and the results show what he can do when he does.

As for his bringing the ball back - true, but it seemed to me he made a conscious decision to make a real effort to be up there with Locky and Wallace - something I haven't seen for a while - and what a difference it made.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
So, mathematician types; is it now impossible for us to NOT be in the 8??????

Well let's see, if the Broncos lose all 5 remaining games:
The Dragons would need to win 2 of their last 5.
Penrith would have to win 3 of their last 5.

And 2 of the following teams would have to win 3 of their last 5:
Canberra, Wests Tigers, Titans, Knights/Eels (whoever wins tonight)

If the Broncos win a game:
The Dragons would need to win 3 of their last 5.
Penrith would have to win 4 of their last 5.

And 2 of the following teams would have to win 4 of their last 5:

If the Broncos win 2 games:
The Dragons would need to win 4 of their last 5.
Penrith would have to win 5 of their last 5.

And 2 of the following teams would have to win 5 of their last 5:

So, no, the Broncos won't miss the 8.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's minutely possible, as stated above, but IMO there's a stronger chance of us getting the minor premiership.

We simply have to beat the Bulldogs and Titans, which should be givens, but you'd want to see us shooting for three wins over the next five weeks as a bare minimum. Hopefully four (still don't think we'll beat the Dragons).

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mick! said:
It's minutely possible, as stated above, but IMO there's a stronger chance of us getting the minor premiership.

We simply have to beat the Bulldogs and Titans, which should be givens, but you'd want to see us shooting for three wins over the next five weeks as a bare minimum. Hopefully four (still don't think we'll beat the Dragons).

We're certainties to lose that one. Why? Aeetee probably won't be there.

So far this year, the "3 amigoes" (Me, Tee, Flutterby) have been to 3 games where one of us has been missing. Only won one of them (Penrith, round 1, Flutterby not there).

Got well beaten by Manly (Coxy not there) and Bulldogs (Flutterby not there).

I think the trend is certain to continue.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.