Top four - will we make it?

Will the Broncos make the Top Four??

• Total voters
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I stated before the game on Friday night that, if we were to beat the Sharks, we would finish in the top four this year.

Cronulla have shown some cracks, but are still a consistent footy side. My prediction also looked a little shakey when the Roosters played some amazing footy to topple Manly yesterday.

However, I'm still confident! Just wanted to get the vibe from the rest of y'all about it. icon_thumbs_u

We are 3 points behind all the teams above us other than Manly, and they all have to play each other this season. Basically, if only lose a max of 1...or maybe 2 games I think we will make the top 4.

All comes down to the next three rounds. If the Broncos win all three against Canberra, Warriors (away) and Dragons, then they're a very good shot at the 4.

All 3 games represent something of a bogey for the Broncos. Canberra always fire up for us, the Warriors in Auckland hasn't been kind to us in recent seasons, and the Dragons love playing up here.

We are close enough if good enough. I think 5th is more likely unless we keep stepping up each week.
Canberra will be a real test because they play pretty well at 100% every week.

i agree until we beat the raiders i will start to confident of a top 4 spot

i think the raiders will start believing their own press and against the broncos at suncorp in a big game they will choke....

nopatience101 said:
i think the raiders will start believing their own press and against the broncos at suncorp in a big game they will choke....
Their job will be that much harder without Todd "taking the p1ss" Carney and Allan "ribs" Tongue out. If only Campese would fall over at training...

I reckon 5th is about right.

Id say 5. I still think we are a good shot at the title if the team that played the sharks can all stay fit and keep improving.

Coxy said:
All comes down to the next three rounds. If the Broncos win all three against Canberra, Warriors (away) and Dragons, then they're a very good shot at the 4.

All 3 games represent something of a bogey for the Broncos. Canberra always fire up for us, the Warriors in Auckland hasn't been kind to us in recent seasons, and the Dragons love playing up here.

The other thing to note is that all three of these teams are currently on 22 points (7th, 8th and 10th with the Dragons to play tonight). These games over the next three rounds they will be deperate to get a win - really hungry as their season is on the line. Assuming that the Dragons beat the Bullys tonight, there will be 6 teams fighting it out for 7th and 8th I reckon and all of them will be deperate for a win - looking to knock off the cocky Broncs if they can.

We need to fire up against all these guys.

I reckon we'll finish 5th or 6th, to be honest I'm not overly optimistic about the rest of the season.

I'm not overly confident either.

But, the situation is this. The 3 teams ahead of us are 3 points ahead.
Apart from Penrith, 4 teams behind us are 3 points behind.

Any losses in the next 3 weeks make a top 4 assault almost impossible, unless those teams on 28 points continue to lose. Any losses in the next 3 weeks also open the door for those 5 teams behind us to catch or pass us, if they keep winning.

Any wins in the next 3 weeks make dropping down the ladder unlikely.

Losing to Canberra would really put things in danger. The Warriors in Auckland are a very tough prospect at the best of times. Lose this week, I think we can put back to back losses in the bank...that could leave the Broncos 7th or 8th.

But three wins over the next three weeks could also leave us with a genuine shot at the minor premiership! How amazing does that sound?

Okay, it sucked that the Roosters won yesterday, but the Sharks, Melbourne and Manly all lost which means that, even though the top 4 remains 3 points away, it makes for a VERY close top 4. If any of those teams loses twice in the next three weeks, we don't have to win *all* of our upcoming games to be in with a real shot.

We win the next three, and we'd be outside chances to jag another minor premiership.

Agreed Mick. Winning the next 3 I see as being very important, because it takes a fair bit of the luck out of the rest of the season. That is, not relying on other results so much.

Canberra are a huge chance this weekend, they are red hot and we are luke warm at best. We improved no doubt but still have a long way to go before we are hitting our straps. Canberra will be feeling like a million bucks, they beat us well down there and have since then played bloody good football including winning in Woollongong which is no easy feat.

im so confident of winning the grand final this year!

but we all know how much my confidence means, considering last year lol

Does it matter if we don't make the 4? I don't mind.. depends who we are up against in round 1. Seriously, when was the last time we won the first round of finals at home? I think I've been to all of them since about 2004 and can't remember them winning any of them - even in 06 when we flogged everyone else at that time.

I think we can possibly sneak into the 4 - but it doesn't bother me either way. I wouldn't like going any lower than 5th though. I voted for 5th - I think that sounds about right. Like Rocky said, the St George one will be the hardest. They have screwed us up so many times up here in recent years. I think I've been to them all [icon_thumbs_do

All I know is rnabakov bet me $100 that we wouldn't make the finals!!!

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Volvo Driver
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.