TPJ and Unregistered Third Party Agreement

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
As I understand that, it's how those introductions to interested 3rd parties are done, AND that any deal which ensues is registered with the NRL.

wouldn't that be up to his manager, rather than the club.
and his manager has form trying to deceive the NRL (they are trying to de-register him for it)

Last edited:
Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
why would she?

this is clearly not a TPA that get's included on the cap.
and it sounds like a secret deal, she is hardly going to be the one organizing it
Would that mean Broncos would be cleared of any wrong doing? And would it mean TPJ's manager would instead be up shit creek without a paddle?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
wouldn't that be up to his manager, rather than the club.
and his manager has form trying to deceive the NRL (they are trying to de-register him for it)

Absolutely. TPA's are usually handled through the player's agent. Nevertheless, it's the club's responsibility to ensure the process is above board and that means submitting the TPA to the NRL.

Again as I understand this, the Warriors offered TPJ $800K and were miffed to discover he signed with us for $650K so it seems someone at the club, helped TPJ to fulfill his dream of being a Bronco and it seems, aided and abetted by Moses. Those sort of deals, if true, are a red flag to the NRL if discovered, which it seems it has been

Last edited:
heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
If thes TPA are not signed off on because they never went ahead then this is a absolute joke and these media talking heads have gone way to far and TPJ is an absolute disgrace and has potentially finished of his career. He could not possibly be that dumb to think some guy talking to him about a deal was a deal right?

Also what if these deals are all Isaac Moses doing and even the Broncos are unaware of them. I have seen no proof of anything just the entitled squealing if TPJ.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Would that mean Broncos would be cleared of any wrong doing? And would it mean TPJ's manager would instead be up shit creek without a paddle?
This is what I said the other day. There was a similar issue last year at the Roosters with Tedesco and the same manager but the media instantly covered for them. I posted the article on a different conversation.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
As I understand that, it's how those introductions to interested 3rd parties are done, AND that any deal which ensues is registered with the NRL.
But apparently it didn’t ensue. So we are fine right?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I hate the media releasing crap. This picture doesn't even make sense, and doesn't give the story at all. It allows people to make up rumours. It makes my blood boil. Don't release this with no extra info...

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I hate to sound like a fairweather fan.
But if this shit is true, i may just be done with Rugby League.
I cant follow another club, but if the Broncos have started doing shady shit like this, then that may just be the last straw for me on the back of the season from hell.
From all the stuff i have read regarding these third party deals with TPJ, it sounds like the Broncos are in some serious trouble, and the only way i would stay a fan of the club and the game overall, is if the entire Broncos club was rebuilt from the ground up, with no one who is currently there involved with the new club.

Don’t investigate the Thoroughbreds then...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
But apparently it didn’t ensue. So we are fine right?

I have no idea other than TPJ allegedly complaining he hasn't been paid which suggests there is one.

The NRL has access to relevant bank accounts under the rules for TPA's

Last edited:
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Stop watching 360 then if it bothers you that much. Fans should never get upset over the media. Most of it is dribble anyways.

It's not just on NRL 360... I got sent this by a friend who saw it on instagram. It's everywhere... Because Fox is everywhere in Aus.

Unfortunately people like to make bias assumptions when they see something like this.

People who hate the Broncos will be saying "of course they cheat the cap! they have always cheated the cap! blah blah blah" Without reading anything about the topic.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Stop watching 360 then if it bothers you that much. Fans should never get upset over the media. Most of it is dribble anyways.
Um I don't, bit hard not to keep hearing their dribble but. And that's the issue it's bullshit, slander . These fuckheads are supposed to promote the game, instead they rag on it.
It's a wonder why kids get bullied because its played in the public flat out, the media is a fucking disgrace and they're allowed to do it.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's not just on NRL 360... I got sent this by a friend who saw it on instagram. It's everywhere... Because Fox is everywhere in Aus.

Unfortunately people like to make bias assumptions when they see something like this.

People who hate the Broncos will be saying "of course they cheat the cap! they have always cheated the cap! blah blah blah" Without reading anything about the topic.

... and of course owned by News Corp who is the majority shareholder in ....

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I hate the media releasing crap. This picture doesn't even make sense, and doesn't give the story at all. It allows people to make up rumours. It makes my blood boil. Don't release this with no extra info...

View attachment 9590
It's literally fox quoting themselves and creating a headline from the quote.

In reality the Broncos will be in trouble IF they provided any sort of coordination between the third party and TPJ, including any promises during contract negotiations... but even then that may not be too far off what the tigers did with Robbie.

I'm not sure how TPA's are documented through the club itself, and who is responsible for identifying conflicts of interest (in the case of TPA's it would be ensuring they are at arm's length from the club)... but I don't really see how the Broncos should be involved at all with TPA's.

They're meant to be sourced by the player manager, therefore it should be up to them to undertake the due diligence and register it with the NRL, etc.

As was mentioned earlier a third party may approach the club for contact details (which I think is fair enough given contacts for players and player managers aren't necessarily known and the club seems a logical place to get in touch), but that's probably it.

Should the Broncos even be keeping track of it??

It has nothing to do with our salary cap and we cant source any of it... if the player, player manager or third party fucked it up and didn't register it then that should be on them.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • Tmac
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LGH
  • ezpz
  • rnabokov
  • Midean
  • Galah
  • Loch Ness Monster
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.