RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Edited clips of the press conference here. Doesn't include the last paragraph. Maybe it was taken out of context. Pretty much discount anything Walters says anyway:

It's the only think that really frsutrates me with Walters. You can't trust a word that comes from his mouth.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Broncos Statement: Jamayne Isaako & Tevita Pangai Junior​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampFri 21 May 2021, 02:21 PM

Broncos Coach Kevin Walters this morning met with Jamayne Isaako and Tevita Pangai Junior, following much speculation they had met with representatives from another NRL Club.
Jamayne stated he had met with Michael Maguire in his role as New Zealand Test Coach to discuss matters relating to International football.
Tevita categorically rejected suggestions being circulated in the media that any meeting took place with Maguire, also coach of Wests Tigers.

To be clear, neither player has been given permission, nor sought permission, to speak with other Clubs, and both players are contracted with the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.
The Broncos consider this the end of this matter and will make no further comment.
I don't believe this for a second. Isaako is freaking out with all the Hynes talk and TPJ has form, too much form to think otherwise. Our players aren't focused on being Broncos when they do shit like this and that is why their contracts should be torn up instead of defending their actions. I'm over the club being such pushovers. Meanwhile Walsh is tearing a team apart doing things nobody else at the club can do. What did we get from that trade again?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The “crime” here isn’t meeting- although that’s dumb and shows a lack of commitment, the crime is if they’re trying to get players to break contracts and sign with them.

They can’t discuss contracted years. If they met and talked about 2023 that’s fine.
As Broncos fans, which most of us are, the crime is talking to other clubs when they should be focusing on the Broncos and their season. It's not fine and most Broncos fans are over it. Can't go a single week without one of our players being a distraction and not focusing on the club.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
As Broncos fans, which most of us are, the crime is talking to other clubs when they should be focusing on the Broncos and their season. It's not fine and most Broncos fans are over it. Can't go a single week without one of our players being a distraction and not focusing on the club.

I agree with you but that’s not the NRL’s issue. They can’t do anything about dumb and selfish.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Not the issue they are allowed to talk to other clubs, the issue is they did.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
That seems almost completely impossible to prove unless those involved are unbelievably stupid.

You are right. What else can you do? The Nov 1 rule organically stops it because who is going to meet with someone to discuss three years away and then wait until Nov 1 in two years to register a deal? You wouldn’t.

The problem is you can register a deal Nov 1 this year for both TPJ and Isaako for 2023.

If the Tigers are starting work on that for Nov then that’s fine but when they sign the deal and then start the I’m home sick, my mum is sad my dog died bullshit to go in 22 I get annoyed.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Swap Isaako for one of the Tiger's players. Surely there's a gem in their current roster.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The clubs trawl the market for suitable players and the players try to find a good place to work. Everyone wants the same thing, to be happy and successful. We don't get angry when a club uses up a player and discards him so why are people upset? I mean, not one single one of us is naive about the reality. Everyone knows the score.

Personally, I hold two positions on things from a players perspective. Firstly, I have no skin in the game and it's not my business. The players don't owe me anything. It's just business. It's employment.

The second thing is our emotional investment. It's not the players responsibility to care about our feelings. As long as a player fulfils his part of the bargain we don't or shouldn't be upset. They sign a contract and do the best they can, that's the most we should expect. Where their future lays and the steps they take to secure it is entirely their business.

I couldn't care less about players chatting about their future, the only Important considerations are, is the player doing his best for us and what are we doing to secure the services of the players we want/need.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Swap Isaako for one of the Tiger's players. Surely there's a gem in their current roster.
Laurie and Simpkin are both good but haven’t quite kicked on in first grade yet.

Blore also looked like a real gun last year but admittedly I haven’t watched him much since he returned form injury.

edit: they’re a fullback, hooker, and 2nd row

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Probably the least relevant point here, but I liked the statement we put out. Always loved when the storm would put statements out like that to end media speculation. Clearly it was Donaghy behind that and he’s brought that here.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
I don't know .. nor do I care .. who's talking to who or what they're talking about, I'm just sick of the pencil-pushing excuses for journos (particularly those within the hallowed walls of Fox Sports "News") sitting there with one hand in their crotch and the other scrolling their phones whilst dreaming up more crap to throw in our direction. This automatically spins up (or down, whichever) to the TV numpties to provide more padding for those endless hours of meaningless dross that precede and follow every freakin' game.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Broncs1459
  • Browny
  • teampjta
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • scobie
  • Sproj
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.