RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

So according to the broncos they have been told by TPJ he didn't meet with the tigers, surely it wouldn't be too hard to figure out if hes lying to the clubs face yet again.

Or has the whole saga started by yet another journo fabrication?

It's come from somewhere, it's either one or the other.
Really? Either one or the other? No other possibilities exist?

So according to Chris Garry, the tigers claim they met with TPJ only about a contract for 2023, yet here we have the club saying TPJ categorically denies meeting with them, or specifically, maguire. So is the club being cute by specifically saying maguire, or TPJ lied to their face?

To me the broncos know exactly what happened and are soo weak they would rather lie & cover for the players then do anything about it.

it really doesn't matter whether the Tigers met with TPJ or Isaako ... there is nothing the NRL or we can do to the Tigers. there is no longer any rule forbidding clubs to talk to players any time they want

So according to Chris Garry, the tigers claim they met with TPJ only about a contract for 2023, yet here we have the club saying TPJ categorically denies meeting with them, or specifically, maguire. So is the club being cute by specifically saying maguire, or TPJ lied to their face?

To me the broncos know exactly what happened and are soo weak they would rather lie & cover for the players then do anything about it.
TPJ says he didn't have a meeting, doesn't mean they haven't chatted over the phone. Who knows or cares, really?

And that means what? He shouldn't be afforded the presumption of innocence anytime some random makes up a story? So, your plan is to hang him on suspicion without checking to see if the story is true, first?? Can you not see that as flawed logic?
Im not hanging him, i don't believe him. He lost that presumption when he rang politis last year.

TPJ says he didn't have a meeting, doesn't mean they haven't chatted over the phone. Who knows or cares, really?
so if he gets cute with semantics it's not really a lie?

I care because I want players that are actually committed to the club.

it really doesn't matter whether the Tigers met with TPJ or Isaako ... there is nothing the NRL or we can do to the Tigers. there is no longer any rule forbidding clubs to talk to players any time they want
I don't really give a shit about the tigers, we should be able to trust our players are committed to the club while they are here, and if they aren't they can piss off.

Karl Morris:

“I’m not the coach but Tevita has turned things around at our club. He went through some tough times last year but I think he is a terrific player and he has been more consistent this year. Ultimately it’s a call for Kevin Walters, but Tevita wants to be one of the best forwards in the game and I want to see him stay at the Broncos.”

Walters:

“We have sorted that out internally and I’ve spoken to both of those players. We have control of that and I expect them to perform extremely well tomorrow night against the Roosters."

“They don’t have permission to talk to other clubs. My information is it was more around Michael Maguire as Test coach of New Zealand and there is a Test series on at the end of the year. It was around that."

“It’s footy, that’s what happens, teams are looking to change their rosters and that’s what happens.”

McHunt

Madge: Boys, grab your suitcases. New Zealand has got an international tournament coming up in 4 months time and it is a matter of urgency that I meet in person with the 5th best kiwi fullback and the 8th best kiwi winger, Isaako.

Pasco: but you were in Brisbane 4 days ago?

Madge: Yes

Pasco: ok, well isn’t he in Sydney this weekend?

Madge: Yes

Pasco: alright, I’ll grab my bags.

I dont really understand why the club threw a statement out for that.

It's like they're commenting on something that was brielfy alleged by the bald two bit hack stationed in Shitney.

I believe Bald knob included a throw away line of "certainly the Broncos would consider releasing early to free up cap space".... and the Broncos latched onto it like "hey we never said they could leave early.... what da **** is going on here???"

Like @Foordy Has indicated clubs can talk to players whenever they want... they just cant put a contract in front of them until Nov 1 and they cant conspire for them to break their contract early.

The Broncos are now jumping at shadows and have given the story some weight by coming out and talking to whoever wants a quote.

If TPJ is talking to Madge about 2023 nothing can stop that in the same way that Kevvie can talk to Harry, Ponga, etc. about 2023.

All Kevvie had to do was just say "TPJ and Isaako are contracted here next year and we have absolutely no intentions to let them leave early... they're key players in the team and we've let them know that. We'll be looking to ramp up negotiations with them for extensions, but they're allowed to talk to whoever they want, because that's what happens in the NRL nowadays (I'd add this in to show how much of an amateur hour the NRL is)"

Too many mouth foamers in this thread lmao.

Even if the players in question did have a meeting about a contract, doesn't mean they ever had any intention of actually signing on to the Tigers, being in another city it's much easier for the media to catch them coming to Brisbane because they go via airports, in Sydney it's easy as **** to have a meeting somewhere where no one knows a meeting ever happened and it definitely happens.

Nothing can formally be signed untill November anyway.

Karl Morris:

“I’m not the coach but Tevita has turned things around at our club. He went through some tough times last year but I think he is a terrific player and he has been more consistent this year. Ultimately it’s a call for Kevin Walters, but Tevita wants to be one of the best forwards in the game and I want to see him stay at the Broncos.”

Walters:

“We have sorted that out internally and I’ve spoken to both of those players. We have control of that and I expect them to perform extremely well tomorrow night against the Roosters."

“They don’t have permission to talk to other clubs. My information is it was more around Michael Maguire as Test coach of New Zealand and there is a Test series on at the end of the year. It was around that."

“It’s footy, that’s what happens, teams are looking to change their rosters and that’s what happens.”

McHunt
I call BS from the Broncos. Tigers officials would not be that stupid to travel to Brisbane to speak to our players without permission.
KW has history in bullshiting the fans. He should concentrate on coaching which at present he is not very good at.

Maybe Broncos have started talking to TPJ about an extension and his manager has decided to have a chat with desperation 101 about how much they'd offer TPJ and Madge has jumped on a plane to give him a full rundown.

If TPJ has said he didn't meet with Madge then his manager might've but TPJ didn't even bother to turn up... he just wants to know what they'd offer to know if Broncos are in the ballpark with their offer.

Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

Chris Garry has now deleted the tweet that said the tigers were adamant they only met with Tevita about a contract for 2023.

wouldn't that suggest he was wrong about this whole thing? i see no other reason to delete that tweet
Maybe.... maybe an official from the tigers has called him up and indicated that it is untrue and it has to be taken down??

Either way the whole thing is turning into a farce and who knows where anything stands anymore

How are meant to develop a good culture around the club when we've got snakes like these blokes?

Just turf the ***** out.
This. Im a big fan of both Issako and TPJ, but if what is reported is true they can both get fucked and leave now.
There is no loyalty in these *****.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.