RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

Broncos Statement: Jamayne Isaako & Tevita Pangai Junior​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampFri 21 May 2021, 02:21 PM

Broncos Coach Kevin Walters this morning met with Jamayne Isaako and Tevita Pangai Junior, following much speculation they had met with representatives from another NRL Club.
Jamayne stated he had met with Michael Maguire in his role as New Zealand Test Coach to discuss matters relating to International football.
Tevita categorically rejected suggestions being circulated in the media that any meeting took place with Maguire, also coach of Wests Tigers.

To be clear, neither player has been given permission, nor sought permission, to speak with other Clubs, and both players are contracted with the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.
The Broncos consider this the end of this matter and will make no further comment.
Yep Madge flew up with his bosses to discuss the World Cup in October. Nothing to see here.

I wonder if all the posters hyperventilating over unconfirmed reports might learn something from this like...not responding until you know something is true?

Hearing posters screaming, sack the *****, tear up their contracts, no backbone, **** them off etc etc all without knowing the facts. Irrational.

Karl Morris:

“I’m not the coach but Tevita has turned things around at our club. He went through some tough times last year but I think he is a terrific player and he has been more consistent this year. Ultimately it’s a call for Kevin Walters, but Tevita wants to be one of the best forwards in the game and I want to see him stay at the Broncos.”

Walters:

“We have sorted that out internally and I’ve spoken to both of those players. We have control of that and I expect them to perform extremely well tomorrow night against the Roosters."

“They don’t have permission to talk to other clubs. My information is it was more around Michael Maguire as Test coach of New Zealand and there is a Test series on at the end of the year. It was around that."

“It’s footy, that’s what happens, teams are looking to change their rosters and that’s what happens.”

McHunt

Broncos Statement: Jamayne Isaako & Tevita Pangai Junior​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampFri 21 May 2021, 02:21 PM

Broncos Coach Kevin Walters this morning met with Jamayne Isaako and Tevita Pangai Junior, following much speculation they had met with representatives from another NRL Club.
Jamayne stated he had met with Michael Maguire in his role as New Zealand Test Coach to discuss matters relating to International football.
Tevita categorically rejected suggestions being circulated in the media that any meeting took place with Maguire, also coach of Wests Tigers.

To be clear, neither player has been given permission, nor sought permission, to speak with other Clubs, and both players are contracted with the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.
The Broncos consider this the end of this matter and will make no further comment.
So according to the broncos they have been told by TPJ he didn't meet with the tigers, surely it wouldn't be too hard to figure out if hes lying to the clubs face yet again.

Or has the whole saga started by yet another journo fabrication?

It's come from somewhere, it's either one or the other.

I wonder if all the posters hyperventilating over unconfirmed reports might learn something from this like...not responding until you know something is true?

Hearing posters screaming, sack the *****, tear up their contracts, no backbone, **** them off etc etc all without knowing the facts. Irrational.
the dickhead has form for doing exactly this 12 months ago.

So according to the broncos they have been told by TPJ he didn't meet with the tigers, surely it wouldn't be too hard to figure out if hes lying to the clubs face yet again.

Or has the whole saga started by yet another journo fabrication?

It's come from somewhere, it's either one or the other.
Or the club is playing chess and they know he met with them and now they can sack him without much argument.

Anyway hopefully it's all BS. I like both players and both are value. Hopefully Madge has a meeting with Flegler though.

Karl Morris:

“I’m not the coach but Tevita has turned things around at our club. He went through some tough times last year but I think he is a terrific player and he has been more consistent this year. Ultimately it’s a call for Kevin Walters, but Tevita wants to be one of the best forwards in the game and I want to see him stay at the Broncos.”

Walters:

“We have sorted that out internally and I’ve spoken to both of those players. We have control of that and I expect them to perform extremely well tomorrow night against the Roosters."

“They don’t have permission to talk to other clubs. My information is it was more around Michael Maguire as Test coach of New Zealand and there is a Test series on at the end of the year. It was around that."

“It’s footy, that’s what happens, teams are looking to change their rosters and that’s what happens.”

McHunt
That last line by kevvie contradicts his own explanation for the meeting!

Just how dumb has this club become.

I was referring to the Milf to tigers, not the Dearden to cowboys.

7 months into a Million $ is like 400k remaining. Tigers have also paid 7 months of Walters’ 150?k or whatever, which is like 65k remaining (quick mafs).

So what I’m saying is, I hope Tigers are paying that 400k and we are only paying Billy’s 60k if this player movement goes ahead. Otherwise we are paying 400k to have Billy Walters for half a season.
Oh they will be. DD isn't dumb.

The real question is, can we get them to pay the remaining 400k and use that money to front load Hynes/Hodgson's first year so we're in a better position for next year.

Now that's a timeline I like.

Not sure I agree with the new title of this thread just yet. There's still a distinct whiff of rat.

I agree, but only because I saw the Chris Garry comments from the Tigers after I changed it.

So according to Chris Garry, the tigers claim they met with TPJ only about a contract for 2023, yet here we have the club saying TPJ categorically denies meeting with them, or specifically, maguire. So is the club being cute by specifically saying maguire, or TPJ lied to their face?

To me the broncos know exactly what happened and are soo weak they would rather lie & cover for the players then do anything about it.

These two clearly aren't very sharp, I'm not sure what is actually more stupid:-

A) Both thinking it was a good idea to have a secret meeting with another NRL club whilst still under contract. or;
B) Both thinking it was a good idea to actually consider the Tigers.....FMD.......it's the fricken Tigers!

Hot tip:- Lads, if you are going to stray and try to arrange a better deal, at least pick a club that's near the top.

the dickhead has form for doing exactly this 12 months ago.
And that means what? He shouldn't be afforded the presumption of innocence anytime some random makes up a story? So, your plan is to hang him on suspicion without checking to see if the story is true, first?? Can you not see that as flawed logic?

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.