RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

I wonder if all the posters hyperventilating over unconfirmed reports might learn something from this like...not responding until you know something is true?

Hearing posters screaming, sack the *****, tear up their contracts, no backbone, **** them off etc etc all without knowing the facts. Irrational.
Cmon mate, where's the fun in being reasonable. I say overreact now and show you got some passion for your club.
We have been put through the ringer these past few seasons, reacting with passion is a perfectly normal response under the circumstances.

If we were the Storm, or the Rorters, or just won a premiership, i would agree with you!

I wonder if DD has been trying to find a get-out loophole in his contract yet. **** me

the place is almost beyond salvation, and I wager that so long as the club is structured the way it is, it will be like this for a long time

it really doesn't matter whether the Tigers met with TPJ or Isaako ... there is nothing the NRL or we can do to the Tigers. there is no longer any rule forbidding clubs to talk to players any time they want

It does matter, you can meet with anyone that’s true but you can only discuss the years they are off contract. Broncos can meet with Brimson today but they can’t discuss contracted years.

If they talk about 2026 and beyond all good.

It is a valid point though, if the Tigers are offering $550k, they have lost their heads.
I am not going to give the exact figure my sauce says, because if Madge tells 5 different journos 5 different numbers, its pretty easy to figure out who leaks what. This is why they all quote figures spat out by other journos in an ever evolving roundabout.

The “crime” here isn’t meeting- although that’s dumb and shows a lack of commitment, the crime is if they’re trying to get players to break contracts and sign with them.

They can’t discuss contracted years. If they met and talked about 2023 that’s fine.

Karl Morris:

“I’m not the coach but Tevita has turned things around at our club. He went through some tough times last year but I think he is a terrific player and he has been more consistent this year. Ultimately it’s a call for Kevin Walters, but Tevita wants to be one of the best forwards in the game and I want to see him stay at the Broncos.”

Walters:

“We have sorted that out internally and I’ve spoken to both of those players. We have control of that and I expect them to perform extremely well tomorrow night against the Roosters."

“They don’t have permission to talk to other clubs. My information is it was more around Michael Maguire as Test coach of New Zealand and there is a Test series on at the end of the year. It was around that."

“It’s footy, that’s what happens, teams are looking to change their rosters and that’s what happens.”

McHunt
Could those last 2 paragraphs be any more contradicting?

Was it the upcoming test series, or is another club looking to reshape their roster?

Kevie seems like a great bloke, is a club legend, but gees mate. If in doubt, don’t say a fucking word. He’s making a habit of saying really dumb shit, and regularly.

The “crime” here isn’t meeting- although that’s dumb and shows a lack of commitment, the crime is if they’re trying to get players to break contracts and sign with them.

They can’t discuss contracted years. If they met and talked about 2023 that’s fine.
That seems almost completely impossible to prove unless those involved are unbelievably stupid.

Was it the upcoming test series, or is another club looking to reshape their roster?

Kevie seems like a great bloke, is a club legend, but gees mate. If in doubt, don’t say a fucking word. He’s making a habit of saying really dumb shit, and regularly.

The last paragraph reads like an answer to a more general question. 'Kev, what do you think about other clubs approaching players in the middle of their contracts?' Then it gets chucked in without the context of the question. Could absolutely be wrong though.

Edited clips of the press conference here. Doesn't include the last paragraph. Maybe it was taken out of context. Pretty much discount anything Walters says anyway:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.