RUMOUR TPJ to be sacked

If he hadn't been caught on the phone to Uncle Nick, I doubt this happens.

As it stands though, I can't really blame the club for giving him the arse, no matter how depressing it is to go from a backrow of Fifita/TPJ to Glenn/Offa.

Who'd have thought Oates would become our best back row option in the club?

Grab Adam Blair ... past his best but would bring some leadership for the young blokes.

FINALLY....This club has shown some fucking backbone....

I applaud the clubs decision here.....this bloke has left the clubs name in the mud with his antics (mind you, Broncos dont need him to do it as they've done a good enough job themselves....sigh..)

Goes to show, you build a team around the quality of the people, not potential...

We took a moon shot falling in love with what "could" be with the best group of young forwards etc...

Fell for this home grown narrative all the way...paid them like they "were" the best pack in the game...

AND NOW.....????

Look, we dont ever need to do this again, Brisbane have NEVER paid big for their forwards.....we were happy enough to produce guys who we can rely upon to give at least 50% effort every game and average say 70%.....

Ill tell you now; there are a few of those types around, if we are smart about it, and the next coach will be equally as crucial...

Speaking of which, i might have to apologies to Pies if/when i see him.....he couldnt help but fail with this current basket case of a roster....

If Haas is our 1 true forward superstar...so be it......lets get all our superstars into our backline like the great teams of old...

Will take a while to do it but....we need long term thinking and targeted signings...and we must rebuild our culture

And today, the line in the sand was drawn.....and im happy about that...really happy...

I smell a rat. As dumb as he was, i'm not sure its a sackable offence. We probably just want the fool off our books.
He got caught shopping himself around behind the clubs back, made the decision real easy I would imagine.

You watch the Roosters now sign him on minimum wage
I can't see Robinson or Politis wanting the drama. Hes not worth the risk for them.

wont be going to any club until next yr anyway, past cut off.

Last edited:
Id rather NOT do Canterbury a solid at this particular point of time......blokes a fucking statue in defense

I know some people on here dont rate him, but he has a 95% tackle efficiency. I'd say his defense is still a strong point in his game.

He got caught shopping himself around behind the clubs back, made the decision real easy I would imagine.

They are saying its for the Covid breach though. If he has been caught shopping himself around he would have bigger problems than just the Broncos sacking him.

I smell a rat. As dumb as he was, i'm not sure its a sackable offence. We probably just want the fool off our books.
I think it really is, and their only option: for the reasons I've said elsewhere. He put the entire competition at risk, deliberately. If you leave the bubble and return to the bubble, that entire bubble must now isolate for two weeks. That's the agreement upon which this entire competition is based.

It's not about him fucking up. It's about him fucking up the team, and potentially the entire competition. **** a bloke who thinks like that. **** him up the ass with the largest object you have to hand.

Last edited:
They are saying its for the Covid breach though. If he has been caught shopping himself around he would have bigger problems than just the Broncos sacking him.
I think it can be reasonably implied.

Maybe they can't prove that he was definitely shopping himself around for the purposes of cutting his contract short, so the COVID reason is used instead?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.