RUMOUR TPJ to be sacked

Bellamy's rock hard at the thought of snapping him up for a bargain:

“Not at the moment. I don’t know the actual goings on at the moment. (Heard) a little bit last night, obviously they’re looking to terminate his contract, whether that’s right or that’s wrong, I don’t know. If that’s the case well, I suppose we could think about it but at this stage, no.”
I can't see it.

For mine, this is the time for the Broncos to stand by TPJ. He's been suspended a lot who cares, that can remedied. He's a gun who will show loyalty back.
You can’t be serious?

Where was his loyalty when he deliberately breached Covid rules to hang out with bikies. I don’t want any person who knowingly associates with OMCG members associated with our club.

He is an entitled (hopefully soon to be broke) piece of ####

Interesting that the NRL have actually stood TPJ down indefinitely.
“multiple breaches" of COVID-19 regulations "over a period of time".
"We believe this was a case of a player committing multiple contraventions of the protocols and showing a disregard for the league’s rules," Abdo said.
+ 30k fine.
I thought so too. When did the other breaches occur? Why wasn't he fined on the first occassion and given a stern warning when they knew? This may have stopped him from rescinding. Very strange.

Last edited:
For mine, this is the time for the Broncos to stand by TPJ. He's been suspended a lot who cares, that can remedied. He's a gun who will show loyalty back.
OK TPJ 😂
He has as much loyalty as a dingo
Did you forget how he came to the club in the first place?

if you believe that he rang Politis to give him shit about selling some of his Broncos shares, then i have a bridge to sell you
Where is this bridge and how much do you want for it?

I'm really glad there's been a bit of support popping up for Lodge here and there in the last little while. He's been one of my favourites at the club but some have been quick to chuck him in the surplus-to-requirements pile. I'm with you, I think if he can get back to full fitness and maybe drop a couple of kegs then he'll be a key performer for us again, not to mention someone who I think can be a part of the revival of the culture of the club. I hope we stick by him.

Spot on.

I can’t believe his name is being tossed up in all honesty. I think it’s because most people believe every figure the media toss up and think we are overpaying him for what he provides.

If we were paying him $700k I’d agree at this point in time of his career but I don’t believe he is on that amount.

If you believe every dollar amount the media spit out on what we pay our players, we would be $2 million over the cap. The same people who believe Lodge is on $700,000+ are probably the same people who believe Bird is on $950,000.

There were a few other things that helped make the Lions a threat again, namely good recruitment and a gun drafting and medical team. Oh and a WONDERFUL coach who also happens to be an excellent man manager.

Smith would help next year without a doubt but Grant is the one we should be going all out for. Getting him sets the club up for the next decade.

In fact, I would put this to the Storm:

TPJ, Bird and Milford

for

Welch, Hynes and Grant

That is an appealing swap. They get three potential guns but who need work. We get a serviceable prop, a back up fullback and a gun hooker.

A gun medical team you say......

Can you maybe point them in the direction of the Broncos at all?!?

We almost need that more than we need an elite fullback the rate we get injured and how long rehab seems to go for

Last edited:

TPJ owes the Broncos more than the club owes him.

We provided him a first grade opportunity when he wanted out of Canberra and if you consider he plays barely half a season due to ill discipline and suspensions, on a pro rata basis, he is effectively being payed like a million dollar player. That and the amount of respect he has shown towards the club has turned most of us off him and for good reason.

75207858656bb620154806fb65ad2e50.jpg

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if TPJ is trying to force his way out of the club, I don’t think there are many suitors from successful clubs getting on their knees for him. That’s why Trent Robinson is the coach and not Nick Politis.

Would you not be sick of it as well? You see everyone else able to do whatever the **** they want, a handful of ‘infections’ over the last month etc.
He shouldn't of signed up. And not play this year.
Also you look like a complete dickhead if queensland goes like Victoria.
Everyone is under the same rules. Its the only way this competition is still going. Can you imagine if a player who went out and broke quarantine. Spread it too the whole team or other player. The game will be finished.

I'd be pissed off if we lost TPJ and some other club snapped him up but this isn't new. I'm sure this is how Raiders fans felt when Carney, Dugan and Fergo played up and then walked into glamour clubs.

Only way the NRL can stop this is by mandating the player must pay a portion of his new contract back to the old club for breach of contract.

Active Now

• HVbronco
  • Fozz
  • Pablo
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.