Trial #2 - Broncos vs. Cowboys

I think the fact Kevvie has the fanbase and more importantly the Old Boys on his side is a mjor plus for him. If there is any sign of dissent in the ranks and players try to undermine Kevvie in anyway the Old Boys will have a word in their shell like and tell them in no uncertain terms to pull their head otherwise they'll be shipped out of the joint. Yeh it will be a hard long year but realistically if Kevvie clocks up more than two wins I'll see it as progress considering who we have let go and who we have brought in.
Agreed...no Boyd wil help too..Time to foster the next leaders in Carrigan, Dearden etc.

I’d have so much respect for him if he’d just come out and say to the fans that this is not our year and to just accept that we are a bottom 4 side.

What pisses me off is the bullshit lip service we hear about anything short of a finals appearance is underperformance. To think we would be underperforming by not making the 8 is a sledge to the other 15 clubs in the comp.

We are on paper and field performance a bottom 4 side, if Kevs serious about being the coach of broncos he needs to be looking to next year and have a serious blueprint for the 2022 recruitment and using this year to once again improve on the development on the ones who’ll be here long term.

To look down the barrel of yet another non competitive year really does hurt the enthusiasm for the season ahead but that’s the reality, I’ll reserve some excitement for ‘22
Yeah you're right he should just come out and say we suck and don't bother watching, maybe come back next year .

I’d have so much respect for him if he’d just come out and say to the fans that this is not our year and to just accept that we are a bottom 4 side.

What pisses me off is the bullshit lip service we hear about anything short of a finals appearance is underperformance. To think we would be underperforming by not making the 8 is a sledge to the other 15 clubs in the comp.

We are on paper and field performance a bottom 4 side, if Kevs serious about being the coach of broncos he needs to be looking to next year and have a serious blueprint for the 2022 recruitment and using this year to once again improve on the development on the ones who’ll be here long term.

To look down the barrel of yet another non competitive year really does hurt the enthusiasm for the season ahead but that’s the reality, I’ll reserve some excitement for ‘22

I just hope Walters gets a fair go with having a squad he builds. I’d hate for him to be the fall guy for seibolds residue.

Isaako admits he was shit and should go back to the ISC to learn how to defend at fullback:

Or not.

Last edited:
Who was playing left side 2nd row when riki went off?

Last edited:
I just hope Walters gets a fair go with having a squad he builds. I’d hate for him to be the fall guy for seibolds residue.

He gets two years imo. He'll have a decent CEO coming in soon and some room in the salary cap coming up. Yes it will take time to improve things, but we can't come last again under his watch.

What on earth is the upside of Kevvie saying this? Other than earning your respect of course (high priority for sure!).

To save himself. Claiming anything under a top 8 finish is going h to make him look like a complete fool come September. Take your bullshit back to Bronxnation.

Mod edit: Cut the insults out please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you're right he should just come out and say we suck and don't bother watching, maybe come back next year .

Watch but watch for the right reasons. I’m far more interested in what his plans are for next year. You go right ahead and watch Isaako and Mead tear it up this year though.

Going through the highlights, don't think it was that bad as a few have pointed out.
BS try from Feldt in the corner and that 2nd tackle kick to the in goal by Clifford for Holmes were near impossible to defend. Back to back game turners but then coupled with the personnel changes as associated with the trials, the result just turned abit ugly in the end.

Judging by the first half, we will be competitive for the upcoming season. Honestly can't wait for Round 1, a glimmer of optimism that we will shock the Eels at home.

Watch but watch for the right reasons. I’m far more interested in what his plans are for next year. You go right ahead and watch Isaako and Mead tear it up this year though.
I'm in for the long haul, and apart of that is getting through the hard slog and building the foundations to build on. Just adding big dollar signings is the answer, you gotta build up a culture and sticking to your plan even if that means taking some hits.

Going through the highlights, don't think it was that bad as a few have pointed out.
BS try from Feldt in the corner and that 2nd tackle kick to the in goal by Clifford for Holmes were near impossible to defend. Back to back game turners but then coupled with the personnel changes as associated with the trials, the result just turned abit ugly in the end.

Judging by the first half, we will be competitive for the upcoming season. Honestly can't wait for Round 1, a glimmer of optimism that we will shock the Eels at home.

The last 2 were the killers had us stretched , but you correct about the changes.

The problem is these second half capitulations are exactly what happened last year.

It was a trial though and the starters were off for large chunks of the second half so let’s see what happens in two weeks.

Everything has been said, the side is what it is, if it happens again in two weeks well, so be it.

FMD touch judges are useless. Feldt didn't come close to grounding that properly.

He gets two years imo. He'll have a decent CEO coming in soon and some room in the salary cap coming up. Yes it will take time to improve things, but we can't come last again under his watch.

Win 3-4 games and show improvement in defence are my realistic goals for the year. Show some pride and get the basics right eg. hold the ball, kick chase.

Last edited:
Cardigan shouldn’t even be in the team. Bloke sucks
Made the origin squad by being awful hey? I realise we were pretty thin on troops for QLD last year but not to the point where we just picked anyone. Carrigan has some areas of his game that need improvement - but is far from our biggest issue in the team. Works hard, often for the whole game. Just needs to eliminate the trademark penalty/six again moments when he's getting tired.

Made the origin squad by being awful hey? I realise we were pretty thin on troops for QLD last year but not to the point where we just picked anyone. Carrigan has some areas of his game that need improvement - but is far from our biggest issue in the team. Works hard, often for the whole game. Just needs to eliminate the trademark penalty/six again moments when he's getting tired.
27 man squad. They could barely field a team. I like Pat as a player but I don’t think that’s a huge deal. Plenty of stinkers have taken the field let alone made the extended squad, let alone during the biggest talent shortage.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • Tmac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.