6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Benji Marshal says Billy J Walters has the "best dummy he has ever seen:"

“I’d give Billy Walters a chance at five-eighth. I loved playing with Billy. We had a really good combination at the Tigers, as a teammate I really enjoyed my time with Billy. He is a good buy for the Broncos. He is versatile, he can play hooker too, but I’d like to see how he goes at six.”​
“Billy has a great tackle technique and when he attacks, I would have to say he has the best dummy I have ever seen. He has this knack of going to the line and when he throws the dummy, it’s so unexpected. I don’t know how the other Broncos playmakers have gone in pre-season but Billy is a very solid player. Coming back from the knee reconstruction will take some time for Billy to recover from, but he would be a good halves partner for Adam Reynolds.”​

Kevvie:

“I’m keen to see a few of our halves this week against the Titans. I like Billy’s attitude. He is a footy person and his training in pre-season has been outstanding. His body is the best it’s been for 18 months. He had knee problems at the Tigers but he is fully fit now and that’s what a good pre-season can do for players."​
“If Benji has a wrap on Billy, it’s a good guy to have in your corner. Benji was a great player and a good judge, but a lot will come down to the next two trials and who will put their hand up to start in round one.”​

McHunt

Carrigan seems really pumped to have a run this weekend saying he will play a quarter with a longer stint against the Cowpats the following week. Love the respect he showed to Darius Boyd too, heeding his advice. It's pretty obvious to me the team never shared the poisonous opinions of the common fan so focused on a scapegoat.

Hoping for another solid hit out and I admit to being surprised by how cohesive the team appeared in decent length patches considering it was the first game in 5 months.

Team list to be announced tomorrow. Spoiler alert.

View attachment 16813
Kelly, Turpin, Reynolds, B. Walters, Capewell

James, ???, Robati, Haas, Staggs, Riki, Gamble, Hetherington, Farnworth, ???, Flegler

Also am I seeing things or is there somebody behind Gamble? Is that being displayed on the screen? Also is somebody standing to Riki's right?

James, ???, Robati, Haas, Staggs, Riki, Gamble, Hetherington, Farnworth, ???, Flegler

Also am I seeing things or is there somebody behind Gamble? Is that being displayed on the screen? Also is somebody standing to Riki's right?
Someone behind gamble and flegler i think idk who behind flegler few have that mullet haircut or who is behind gamble think maybe oates?

I’d say it’s Carrigan behind TC, Oates behind Gamble, Paix behind Flegler and no idea who is behind Riki. At a guess, I’d go Cobbo. In fact, I’m pretty confident it is him.

I’d also guess that’s Niu bending over behind Kelly.

I get a feeling this will be a breakout year for flegler. People forget he is still only 22, very young for a forward. He will benefit from james and I don't think he coped well with the expectations thrown on him and trying to keep up with haas. He always seemed intent on making an immediate impact, which often backfired. He just needs to run hard and make his tackles for a bit when he comes on before trying to be the intimidator.

I also reckon Walters is seeing this aswell and may be why he wants to back flegler for the starting prop spot over Hetherington for the lock role with carrigan to prop...

Flegler just needs to work on his discipline. Thats the thing that let him down more than anything.

There's someone behind Riki, as well.

One of them is Paix, the other is Carrigan. Can't see anything that would give away who's behind Riki and Gamble.

Carrington is behind Flegler and I know this sounds crazy but it’s Oates behind Gamble.

Keen as, I'm guessing we'll be pretty close to first choice team minus a few who don't need the game time.

I'm pretty sure Patty is next to Payne.

When you look at the most recent photo of him on the Broncos website, it doesn't look like him.

Patty is behind Flegler.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.