7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We heard rumours a while back that Billy was gonna be 6 and no-one believed it.

An interesting option would be Billy at 6 and Mam 14. Billy could switch to hooker when Turps needs a spell, allowing a fresh Mam to come on at 5/8 once the game has slowed down a bit. It would be the ideal way to ease him into first grade.

But then where would Paix fit in? And could Billy handle this workload?

Team composition seems pretty complicated this year, good luck with that Kevvie.

Yeah this is the issue really. Walters is the most ready 6 but he’s probably the most ready 9 too which weirdly makes him the ideal 14. But then Paix and Mam probably need to be in the side too but not quite as good YET in either position. What a mess.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Surely Isaako can’t be fullback round 1.

I really don’t care what flashy play he might deliver here or there, the rest of his game is just nowhere near good enough and puts too much pressure on the rest of the team, often at the worst possible times. This team has not yet learnt how to handle pressure.

If this were the NFL, you’d bring him on to take kicks and nothing more. However it isn’t, so he has no place in the team.
Waste of money not using him, and right now he's the most obvious seat warmer for Tesi. Seems like the perfect opportunity to trial Selwyn there but we would've seen that last night if that were on the cards. You'd think. Mead and Isaako's are both rocks and diamonds but Jamayne's diamonds shine brighter and his rocks are more like drooping testicles.

Let's hope Selwyn was one of those still struggling to regain his fitness post Covid and that explains that his tepid pursuit down the sideline.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He'd need a dominate half with him but he has done really well this year with Croft. Croft takes the 'Cronk' role and Billy roams around even getting into dummy half if he wants.

Walters doesn't tend to run enough I don't think. When he does he is brilliant. I wish he would do it more. His short kicking game is strong and he chases them like a man mad.

He's mouthy too- love that in a half.

#Teambill

I am disgusted with my thoughts on Croft from 2017.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Surely Isaako can’t be fullback round 1.

I really don’t care what flashy play he might deliver here or there, the rest of his game is just nowhere near good enough and puts too much pressure on the rest of the team, often at the worst possible times. This team has not yet learnt how to handle pressure.

If this were the NFL, you’d bring him on to take kicks and nothing more. However it isn’t, so he has no place in the team.
What exactly did he do wrong last night? I mean, which plays, when? Buggered if I could see much except for one mistimed pass. I need to see exactly what you're talking about, you may have a point or whatever but I do need to be able to see it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What exactly did he do wrong last night? I mean, which plays, when? Buggered if I could see much except for one mistimed pass. I need to see exactly what you're talking about, you may have a point or whatever but I do need to be able to see it.
His trash last line of defence. Half hearted attempts to lock up the ball instead of genuine desperation.

Compare the no name Titans fullback stopping Paix 1v1 versus Isaako just casually putting a hand over the ball on both tries and get shrugged off with no effort.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Defence and passing game, like usual. I would still pick him until Niu is back and hope for the best.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Unpopular opinion but I think Pereira and Brenko deserve to be in the team on the back of trial performances. Not sure what’s going on with Herbie and why he isn’t playing, but I’d say pereira and Brenko have out performed Cobbo, Oates, Mead and Isaako comfortably.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Unpopular opinion but I think Pereira and Brenko deserve to be in the team on the back of trial performances. Not sure what’s going on with Herbie and why he isn’t playing, but I’d say pereira and Brenko have out performed Cobbo, Oates, Mead and Isaako comfortably.

I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Need brenko in and with tesi injured that’s a good opportunity to give Cobbo a nudge at the back and see how he goes.
Cobbo isn’t playing FB. Kevvie has made that pretty clear.

unless Herbie has a good game in the last trial, I think he could miss out. Or, Cobbo could. He hasn’t been that impressive. Pereira worlds above him, and Brenko just brings so much in defence and attitude as well.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
His trash last line of defence. Half hearted attempts to lock up the ball instead of genuine desperation.

Compare the no name Titans fullback stopping Paix 1v1 versus Isaako just casually putting a hand over the ball on both tries and get shrugged off with no effort.
Mind you, that'll be the highlight of his highlights reel for the rest of his career.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
We heard rumours a while back that Billy was gonna be 6 and no-one believed it.

An interesting option would be Billy at 6 and Mam 14. Billy could switch to hooker when Turps needs a spell, allowing a fresh Mam to come on at 5/8 once the game has slowed down a bit. It would be the ideal way to ease him into first grade.

But then where would Paix fit in? And could Billy handle this workload?

Team composition seems pretty complicated this year, good luck with that Kevvie.
Yeah credit to Kev there, it’s definitely not an easy task and there’s a lot on the line for him. I think no matter who he picks we’ll be far improved

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Cobbo isn’t playing FB. Kevvie has made that pretty clear.

unless Herbie has a good game in the last trial, I think he could miss out. Or, Cobbo could. He hasn’t been that impressive. Pereira worlds above him, and Brenko just brings so much in defence and attitude as well.
He definitely doesn’t look like the player from the back end of last season.
I’m still a fan of having him back in qcup playing 80min at the back.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
The nepotism thing isn't an issue, no one is going to make a fuss about it. It'll be a good story if anything.

Walters looks like the best option. Maybe (hopefully) Reynolds is good enough to carry Mam so we can run with Walters/Paix at 9, but I doubt it at this stage.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I actually agree with this, wasn't impressed by Cobbo in either the All Stars game or last night. I know Spry is a speedster but even still it was alarming to see him burnt like that. The combo of Staggs/Cobbo will get exploited quite a bit if that's what a reserve grade Titans can do.

Personally would love to see Herbie get a go at fullback as I have zero faith in Mead or Isaako back there if Niu goes down. Brenko improves us defensively so no issues with him on that edge next to Capewell.

I know we won't see it but this would be an interesting watch:
1. Herbie
2. Pereira
3. Lee/Niu
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Arey
9. Walters
14. Paix

Even something like Niu at FB, with Herbie on the wing and Oates earning his spot back playing QCup would be fine by me.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I would say he had made up his mind & the players would know, but not letting the media know his decision.
I hope so. It’s a tricky one but playing it out in the media if he does no has put a lot of unnecessary scrutiny on the rest of the half options.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosMan
  • porouian
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • Viti
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • Jazza
  • the_next
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.