7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

for some reason, I thought there was only one trial this year. glad to see i was mistaken.

Tickets for this game are all the same price ($25) regardless of where you sit.
Good idea hope they get a decent crowd.

Surely Reyno has to play this game considering the halves race wasn't ruled down at all over the weekend. If anything became more contentious. Could see a decently main side maybe minus Kotoni, Payne and possibly Reyno. I guess at the same time they might leave Reyno out to get more halves minutes. Cows trial will probably be the last 2 giving the best 40 minute account for themselves. Who knows. Any other thoughts on this game for the side make-up.

Edit: Cobbo and Farnworth might miss out as they are essentially locks it just depends on who the other back is where either play.

Surely Reyno has to play this game considering the halves race wasn't ruled down at all over the weekend. If anything became more contentious. Could see a decently main side maybe minus Kotoni, Payne and possibly Reyno. I guess at the same time they might leave Reyno out to get more halves minutes. Cows trial will probably be the last 2 giving the best 40 minute account for themselves. Who knows. Any other thoughts on this game for the side make-up.

Edit: Cobbo and Farnworth might miss out as they are essentially locks it just depends on who the other back is where either play.
I’m probably wrong but if the Farnsworth to dolphins stuff has any legs, on the back of the performance of Mariner and Pereira I’m not so convinced that he’s a lock for a spot. Especially if they are favouring Cobbo as a centre.
In the trial, Lee played right centre, basically showing he’s no shot for a starting spot. Interestingly, Pereira played right wing. Which is where many tipped Cobbo to be. Talk is pereira has a wing spot, and it’s now looking like that will be right wing. Which leaves our left side open for grabs. With Cobbo, Farnsworth the most likely, but Mariner and Oates a shot.

Id okay Cobbo at centre and Farnsworth and Mariner can battle it out for the wing spot.

considering the halves race wasn't ruled down at all over the weekend. If anything became more contentious.

which is a reason for giving those in contention more time in the trials not less.

IF Reynolds plays i doubt he will get too much time on the field. maybe just a quick stint to blow the cobwebs out.

I’m probably wrong but if the Farnsworth to dolphins stuff has any legs, on the back of the performance of Mariner and Pereira I’m not so convinced that he’s a lock for a spot. Especially if they are favouring Cobbo as a centre.
In the trial, Lee played right centre, basically showing he’s no shot for a starting spot. Interestingly, Pereira played right wing. Which is where many tipped Cobbo to be. Talk is pereira has a wing spot, and it’s now looking like that will be right wing. Which leaves our left side open for grabs. With Cobbo, Farnsworth the most likely, but Mariner and Oates a shot.

Id okay Cobbo at centre and Farnsworth and Mariner can battle it out for the wing spot.
Pretty sure Marty flagged maybe last week that Cobbo was playing left wing in the recent 13 v 13 with Pereira on the right... so it would seem that Oates is losing grip on his left wing spot.

I would say left wing is a better fit for Cobbo, also noting that Herbie played mostly left wing in Qcup so if there were a switch between Cobbo and Herbie... it would be likely Herbie can take up that left wing spot anyway. Having them paired up together on that left side creates some stability in communication in defence even if they did switch between wing and centre.

It seems to make sense that left side pairing and I wasn't really expecting it, because I thought that Oates was pretty well locked in after being brought back in last year. It's a big call from Kevvie, but it's one I'm not opposed to and I think it works well for the team... provided Pereira can pick up the slack in the meters department.

Everyone knows what Reynolds is capable of, there really is no need to play him in any trials.

I'd play him in the final trial ... it's usually a dress rehearsal for round 1 anyway ... and it's a good idea to blow some cobwebs out prior to round 1 (in a match environment rather than simply training), even if he doesn't play the full 80

Everyone knows what Reynolds is capable of, there really is no need to play him in any trials.
He'll play the final trial... whether it's 20mins or 40mins, but he'll play it just to see how the likely starting 13 for rd 1 go

I think we'll see Staggs this week but only for 15-20 mins.

Kevin Walters will trial Billy in the halves next week:

“I was very happy with our defence more than anything. "​
"Ezra is a very good young player - he is a real talent. He cramped up a bit towards the end of the Wynnum game, but we saw enough class from him by then. He always seems to be in and around the ball and good things are happening around him which is impressive. He is very confident. In my eyes, if you are good enough you are old enough and from what I saw of him last year in the Intrust Super Cup, he has had another 12 months of development. He just had a pre-season with us so I’d be confident if he was the guy we went with at five-eighth for round one.”​
“Five-eighth is probably the most contentious of all our positions. Competition is great, so it’s a good headache to have. I like them all. They all have different qualities. Albert’s game in the All Stars was a step up in class to the trial against Wynnum. Next week I will give Billy his chance in the halves. He can play hooker but he primarily sees himself as a five-eighth and we will see what he has got next week. It’s good for the boys, they are competing hard to get that No.6 berth.”​
“Jordan Periera just has a ball of energy with his carries. Jordan has always been in contention for a wing spot and there will be some good discussions through the trials on who the wing spots go to.​
“Jordan is very good defensively and it was good to see him bring his A-grade game.”​

Billy Walters:

“Jordan was outstanding against the Seagulls and it’s all the hard work he has done in pre-season. I know the boys hate wrestling with him at training because he is small, round and very strong. He is hard to handle and he gets us on the front foot with his backfield carries. He is definitely putting his name up, it’s a headache for Kevvie but it’s what you want to have.”​

Ezra Mam:

“That’s a decision for Kevvie, but I’m happy to do whatever he wants. I put the team first, so if he picks me, then that’s great and I would put my best foot forward. I was very nervous being my first time in Broncos colours. I started to feel comfortable. I came out to play some footy and I’m keen to get more games under my belt.”​

McHunt

Kevin Walters will trial Billy in the halves next week:

“I was very happy with our defence more than anything. "​
Ezra is a very good young player. The five-eighth position is probably the most contentious of all the positions, so it’s a good headache to have. He is very confident. In my eyes, if you are good enough you are old enough and from what I saw of him last year in the Intrust Super Cup, he has had another 12 months of development. He just had a pre-season with us so I’d be confident if he was the guy we went with at five-eighth for round one.”​
“Ezra is a very good player - he is a real talent. He cramped up a bit towards the end of the Wynnum game, but we saw enough class from him by then. He always seems to be in and around the ball and good things are happening around him which is impressive.”​
“Five-eighth is probably the most contentious of all our positions. Competition is great. I like them all. They all have different qualities. Albert’s game in the All Stars was a step up in class to the trial against Wynnum. Next week I will give Billy his chance in the halves. He can play hooker but he primarily sees himself as a five-eighth and we will see what he has got next week. It’s good for the boys, they are competing hard to get that No.6 berth.”​
“Jordan Periera just has a ball of energy with his carries. Jordan has always been in contention for a wing spot and there will be some good discussions through the trials on who the wing spots go to.​
“Jordan is very good defensively and it was good to see him bring his A-grade game.”​

Billy Walters:

“Jordan was outstanding against the Seagulls and it’s all the hard work he has done in pre-season. I know the boys hate wrestling with him at training because he is small, round and very strong. He is hard to handle and he gets us on the front foot with his backfield carries. He is definitely putting his name up, it’s a headache for Kevvie but it’s what you want to have.”​

Ezra Mam:

“That’s a decision for Kevvie, but I’m happy to do whatever he wants. I put the team first, so if he picks me, then that’s great and I would put my best foot forward. I was very nervous being my first time in Broncos colours. I started to feel comfortable. I came out to play some footy and I’m keen to get more games under my belt.”​

McHunt
No comment on Gamble hey

No comment on Gamble hey
Still editing that when you replied! It's cobbled together from a couple of interviews. Angle is that Ezra is a genuine leading contender to partner Reynolds in week one.

Badel's "five things we learned" were:

1. Ezra was unearthed as the new playmaking star. " his fusion of speed, skill and sublime hands and would not look out of place in the NRL"

2. Jordan is a contender for wing.

3. Flegs looked a class above the rest.

4. Deine Mariner is a superstar in the making. Won't start the season.

5. Broncos have impressive depth. Top 8 contenders.

Still editing that when you replied! It's cobbled together from a couple of interviews. Angle is that Ezra is a genuine leading contender to partner Reynolds in week one.

Badel's "five things we learned" were:

1. Ezra was unearthed as the new playmaking star. " his fusion of speed, skill and sublime hands and would not look out of place in the NRL"

2. Jordan is a contender for wing.

3. Flegs looked a class above the rest.

4. Deine Mariner is a superstar in the making. Won't start the season.

5. Broncos have impressive depth. Top 8 contenders.

So basically what everyone with eyes could tell you.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • davidp
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.