Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The Roosters give away penalties on their goal line because it's probably easier to defend there rather than at the other end of the field etc. I'm not talking about those penalties. I'm talking about penalties when we have the opposition trapped in their 10 metre line and we give away a penalty which let's them off the hook, those kinds of penalties we were giving last night and in 2018 and they must be fixed.

Yeah, I agree, big difference between giving away penalties on your line vs giving away penalties in the opposition half. Former is the best place to give away penalties, and that's what the Roosters did last year.

The scariest thing about Kotoni Staggs is that he was a Daniel Dowell prediction, before anyone else had even heard of him.

Also believe he's a relative..

Staggs was already a NSW Junior Representative when DD jumped on board.

I remember mitch222 was a fan and was pretty quick to talk him up, especially when others were trying to deride Kotoni as a big fish in a small pond.

I remember mitch222 was a fan and was pretty quick to talk him up, especially when others were trying to deride Kotoni as a big fish in a small pond.

He has always been a well known talent. Its not like he was ever one of these young kids that came out of nowhere.

Is there a full match replay available anywhere? Can someone post a link please?

I thought Birdy showed some really good signs. Didn't give up the chase when one of the Wynnum speedsters made a break and chased him down just before the line. Also looked to get involved where he could. As long as he stays injury free, I'm sure Jack is going to really show his value to us this season. As for Kotoni, he looks dangerous pretty much every time he has the ball in hand. I think he just tries a little too hard at times when trying to push a pass or set up a difficult play. Regardless, you can most certainly lock him in for the number 14 spot without any shadow of doubt.

Both Carrigan and Flegler look like real goers and will likely form the backbone of our forward pack for the next 10 years. Alex Glenn, as always, Mr Consistent and has to be on the bench at the very least for the season opener. Fafita, well what more can be said about this bloke. He's strong, quick and will be monstering opponents for years to come. He is unlike anything I have ever seen, a freak. Turpin also impressed from dummy half. So much slicker than Macca and will provide great back-up if needed.

As for the halves, solid showing from SOS and for me, Tanah Boyd has future superstar written all over him. Also has a deadly combo with Fafita. Will be the number one half in the game in the years ahead, maybe sooner rather than later.

Can't wait for the next trial to see more of our first graders out on the field to get a better gauge of where we are at.

As a side note, was a joy to watch a fantastic problem-free live stream from the Wynnum club. Apart from stopping momentarily in the final few minutes, the broadcast worked flawlessly for me the entire game. Very professionally done.

Not sure how highly Tanah Boyd is rated by the Broncos. Think he is behind Kodi, SOS, Dearden and possibly Paix.

Can't agree on the feed: resolution was woeful, and kept dropping out. But, still a commendable effort putting it up at all, and the commentary duo did a damn good job for part timers. I hope they get more work.

Tune into Channel 9 at 12:10pm on a Sunday and you may get half your wish.

ChewThePhatt said:
Is there a full match replay available anywhere? Can someone post a link please?

https://www.facebook.com/WynnumSeagulls/

Check the first post.

Last edited:

My failed theory was double on debut in Colts and ISC so he’d definitely score a NRL double. Didn’t work.

For the 3rd trial, can Bird, Darius Boyd and Andrew McCullough play?
Let's see if they can outplay Staggs and Turpin so far.

Don't want them going in cold against Melbourne. Rather see them left out altogether, f### experience or defence - Staggs and Turpin have them covered and some.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • kiwibronco
  • dirtyharry
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bert_lifts
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • ostin86
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • jd87
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.