TRIAL 3: BRONCOS 6 v COWBOYS 26

SATURDAY FEB 26, 8PM (QLD TIME), 9PM (COCKROACH TIME): BRONCOS v COWBOYS. BB PRINT STADIUM, MACKAY

WEATHER

GUSTY STORM CLEARING. 23 DEGREES.

ScreenFMVl9reVcAA97uv

BRONCOS TEAM
1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Billy Walters
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Cory Paix
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell ©
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Ryan James
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Jake Turpin
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tyson Gamble
20. TC Robati
21. David Mead
22. Ezra Mam
23. Brenko Lee
24. Jamayne Isaako

COWBOYS TEAM
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Peta Hiku
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Reece Robson
10. Coen Hess
11. Heilum Luki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter

14. Jake Granville
15. Jordan McLean
16. Mitch Dunn
17. Tom Gilbert
18. Brendan Elliot
19. Scott Drinkwater
20. Griffin Neame

Match will be telecast on Fox/Kayo.

Other matches in @theshed Cockroach time. Subtract an hour for QLD:

4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

If we were an experienced team with a good mental strength I'd agree with you but we aren't...

It's very, very different coming from a team mate rather then a trainer, no matter how good the trainer was as a player....

"You guys have to do a,b and c" vs "I will set you up to do a and b if you guys do c"..

I do think Reynolds should goalkick bcos is a part of his process and will probably help him, but I wouldn't completely rule it out, particularly if we leak points after we post points...
Yeah agreed. That was my point I guess - we might benefit from his leadership with the group after a try: for a pep talk/roast/plan for the next play/set/10 minutes, etc. Not doubting the power of Alfie's instructions! But it might be beneficial for the captain to address the group during such times.

I think the change to the 6 again (penalty inside the half) is going to have a big difference this year and will revert to a bit of normality. Tom Turbo will still be good, but manly benefited more than anyone else with long range tries and quick plays on the back of the 6 again so I suspect he might not be quite as dominant this year. Still be one of the best though.
I think Turbo was so dominant because of the fatigue that can be created in the defensive line.

If there are no penalties and no one's kicking it dead then there's no breaks in the play to get your breath back.

Last year there were just hugely lopsided possession rates where one team is basically spending the game just defending, leading to fatigue, leading to line breaks and tries... to then being have to defend again.

If the penalties come back that will provide breaks in the game again... if the defence is struggling due to fatigue they can just give up the penalty and back their goal line defence.

If we don’t win (or at least be winning at half time) then it’s safe to say we won’t be near the 8. We are basically full strength. Sure we are missing Reynolds but that’s virtually it. This cowboys team is going to be a bottom 4, probably bottom 2 team.
Appreciate where you’re coming from, though there’s going to be a settling in period once Reynolds starts. We’re not used to having someone lead.

If we have some decent structure and show some consistency in the first few rounds I think we have the team to get there (win or lose tomorrow).

Appreciate where you’re coming from, though there’s going to be a settling in period once Reynolds starts. We’re not used to having someone lead.

If we have some decent structure and show some consistency in the first few rounds I think we have the team to get there (win or lose tomorrow).
Have you already forgotten about Milford? Glenn? Boyd?

Cancel that, you’re right.

Must admit that I had you on block for at least twelve months. I couldn't have the headmaster pulling me up every other post. Had to have a break. But you need all opinions on here or it just doesn't feel right.
Yes, the last clanger was hard to resist yet I did 😁

If we were an experienced team with a good mental strength I'd agree with you but we aren't...

It's very, very different coming from a team mate rather then a trainer, no matter how good the trainer was as a player....

"You guys have to do a,b and c" vs "I will set you up to do a and b if you guys do c"..

I do think Reynolds should goalkick bcos is a part of his process and will probably help him, but I wouldn't completely rule it out, particularly if we leak points after we post points...

You're over thinking it- the gap between the try and kick off is normally filled with complete this set- no mistakes, get to a kick- drink.

Exits sets are the most simple football you can play- and most likely caught by Reynolds so he is back controlling the set by the kick off anyway.

Broncos exit sets are all named so Reynolds controls that too.

You're over thinking it- the gap between the try and kick off is normally filled with complete this set- no mistakes, get to a kick- drink.

Exits sets are the most simple football you can play- and most likely caught by Reynolds so he is back controlling the set by the kick off anyway.

Broncos exit sets are all named so Reynolds controls that too.
An insider has given me the secret names of the exit sets:

- the “Oates second tackle knock on”
- the “Flegler third tackle knock on”
- the “spread it wide aimlessly”
- the “Haas runs it over the sideline”
- the “forward pass between 2 props”
- the “kick it out on the full”

Blocking on an internet forum is such a weak thing to do, generally done by people who don't trust themselves to win an argument, so they need to avoid it.
I’m convinced he’s blocked everyone who’s ever said a bad word about patty. Wolfey is either patty himself, his dad, or a strange man that just really loves him.

An insider has given me the secret names of the exit sets:

- the “Oates second tackle knock on”
- the “Flegler third tackle knock on”
- the “spread it wide aimlessly”
- the “Haas runs it over the sideline”
- the “forward pass between 2 props”
- the “kick it out on the full”

That is an incomplete list .
Where are - incorrect play the ball , fwd pass from dummy half and loose carry leading to ball stripped ?

Saw Bullimore penalised twice yesterday for not playing the ball with his foot . We taught him too well . LOL .

That is an incomplete list .
Where are - incorrect play the ball , fwd pass from dummy half and loose carry leading to ball stripped ?

Saw Bullimore penalised twice yesterday for not playing the ball with his foot . We taught him too well . LOL .
I noticed he did that when he was here to, but to get done twice in one game? I thought he was meant to be smart.

On the trials, I noticed delouise hoeter did not get a game. Was he carrying an injury? I know he is unlikely to get into the top grade this year (unless terrible injury toll touch wood)) but neither are mariner and EQW and the got a run

The concerning thing for the Broncos is how unsettled the line-up is. The only player in the spine that I'm comfortable has the spot locked up is Reynolds and who knows how well he's going to go outside of the Souths system. 1, 6 and 9 could all be different, in fact, that's the point of this trial with Cobbo and Paix getting a chance to stake their claim.

It's going to take them a few weeks to settle on a team and if things do go pear shaped I can see them making some major moves around mid-season. For their sake, it shouldn't be as dramatic as last season where they started from scratch.

Meanwhile I can't see the Cowboys changing that much. Outside of Taumalolo, that's their line-up for '22 and even so, I think they're trying to rely a lot less on Taumalolo's strengths.
Kotoni?????

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Astro
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.