Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Leaving Brimson out of their 17 in favour of a well past it Gordon is a fireable offense if you ask me, if that's actually their team for round 1 Brennan should be immediately dismissed. Brimson was literally in their top 3 best players last season and showed Munster-esque potential at Fullback.

AJ coming back from Shoulder surgery.

S

scgg

NYC Player
Apr 1, 2013
No, I should have included details in the OP.

The match will be streamed on NRL.com (and both the Broncos and Titans website) at 6:30pm on Saturday.

@Unbreakable - I knew I included that preface for a reason. I still like this idea that Gillett's position in the team isn't set in stone and believe the Broncos can get more out of him than being a body-guard.

The Gold Coast have announced their team.

Gold Coast Titans: 1. Michael Gordon 2. Brenko Lee 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Brian Kelly 5. Phillip Sami 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ash Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. Jai Arrow 14. Mitch Rein 15. Moeaki Fotuaika 16. Max King 17. Will Matthews 18. Jack Stockwell 19. Alexander Brimson 20. Anthony Don 21. Dale Copley 22. Treymain Spry 23. Ryley Jacks 24. Jesse Arthars

In bold are the selections I find interesting. One of the biggest headaches the Titans had coming in 2019 was figuring out the fullback selection and it appears that Michael Gordon has gotten first dibs. This feels like a regressive move, especially after the talent AJ showed towards the back-end of last year. Brimson was one of the most dangerous runners in the competition and was coming up with some huge defensive plays for his side.

Brenko Lee on the wing ahead of Don is also a surprise. I'm not overly surprised that Don has been overlooked since he doesn't fit the mould of a modern winger, but the Brenko experiment is one option that hadn't crossed my mind. I'm not sure if Lee has the pace or athleticism required for the role, but we'll see.

Peachey in the centres seems like the logical selection, but I recall him being more of a left-side player. I think it can work, but Brennan needs to find ways to bring him in-field for the signing to really pay off. I can't help but get the feeling that Peachey is a square in a round hole and Brennan just brought him in due to their pre-existing relationship at Penrith. I share similar sentiments towards Cartwright who is being given a chance on the right edge. From all reports that's where Ryan James will be stationed for the season proper, so this maybe Bryce's audition to see if he can still handle first grade.

Finally, Spry is one for all the fantasy coaches. If I remember correctly, he was the standout outside back of his age group who was with one of the Broncos affiliates, but somehow the Roosters got a play on him. Spry played Flegg last year and performed diligently scoring 11 tries but the Roosters seemed more interested in Kapaoa. I think Treymain is somebody for fantasy coaches to keep an eye on.

You are correct about spry mate, one to definitely keep an eye on. He is very very good and if he gets a chance this year he could surprise a lot of people

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Captain’s run will go for 18 minutes. 10 minutes to warm up and eight minutes to boost your confidence.

Latest Seiboldness.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I'm going to be otherwise detained for the first half of this trial - does anybody know if I can load the stream and click pause, then come back in an hour and watch the whole thing?

If not I may have to watch only the second half :(

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Staying on the coast to go to the game tonight but it doesn’t look like they are running any shuttle buses to the ground.
Everyone might have to just use ‘normal’ public transport to get to the ground.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Considering this is at a stadium that actually gets NRL action, we should be getting a pretty good stream tonight, right?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Considering this is at a stadium that actually gets NRL action, we should be getting a pretty good stream tonight, right?
The link to broncos.com.au on the NRL website in the stream section, goes to sharks.com.au, so who knows!

something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
hows the quality on the sharks game? anybody getting clear picture - mines rough

something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
Screen Shot 2019 03 02 at 14158 pm

something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
okay - thanks guys - good to know everyone's isn't like that haha. mine internet is usually pretty good, so will have to have a play around

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • Seibs
  • Howie
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.