Trial #3 vs. Warriors Pre-Match Discussion

Let's just hope Maranta bombs a couple of tries on the weekend, and Vidot gets a hat-trick in the Queensland Cup, so we never have to see Maranta again

well, broncos twitter must be copping a bit, whether or not this means something in relation to our collective concerns, who knows:

Brisbane Broncos@brisbanebroncos 6m
Remember Sunday ONLY trial game. Chance for new/fringe players to impress & assess everyone's fitness so not R1 team!

well, broncos twitter must be copping a bit, whether or not this means something in relation to our collective concerns, who knows:

Brisbane Broncos@brisbanebroncos 6m
Remember Sunday ONLY trial game. Chance for new/fringe players to impress & assess everyone's fitness so not R1 team!
What baffles me is that Vidot is not even playing the Capras... Or is that just a glorified U20's team?

Vidot has done nothing the last couple of years to warrant being there over Maranta as Maranta has done nothing as well. I am still scratching my head trying to work how you guys think he has to be there over Maranta.
not a Maranta fan but neither am I a Vidot fan. Hopefully Drew will get a couple of tastes of 1st grade this year and I will be happy

vidot has size and pace and ability. he just seemed like a kid who needed to get his head straight. only a couple of years ago he was in line for origin and preferred over yow yeh. he was solid in the the redcliffe trial without seeing much ball - hence why some of us are confused as to why we havent seen more of him either at the 9s or in this trial. i'd really just like to see how he goes before he's discarded behind maranta in the pecking order.. and weve all seen plenty of maranta..

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Vidot by a long shot, but I do rate him well above Maranta.

Having said that, I haven't seen the Broncos train, so Lachlan could have improved heaps over the off season...

Yeah okay, I'll stop dreaming now.

vidot has size and pace and ability. he just seemed like a kid who needed to get his head straight. only a couple of years ago he was in line for origin and preferred over yow yeh. he was solid in the the redcliffe trial without seeing much ball - hence why some of us are confused as to why we havent seen more of him either at the 9s or in this trial. i'd really just like to see how he goes before he's discarded behind maranta in the pecking order.. and weve all seen plenty of maranta..
But has he got his head straight, most likely not by these selections.

yeah you may be right hey.

as a side note barba seemed to pretty clearly become part of the broncos group, always seen interacting/having fun with everyone but vidot has been nowhere to be seen in that regard.

yeah you may be right hey.

as a side note barba seemed to pretty clearly become part of the broncos group, always seen interacting/having fun with everyone but vidot has been nowhere to be seen in that regard.

You know who else is really close to the Broncos playing group, even when he is no where near them. Daly Cherry-Evans. Seems A LOT closer to our players than the Manly players, that's for sure.

Mole did say in RLW that a offseason signing who has been known for being a head case off the field was not fitting in with his new club, Vidot?

Maybe Hook is so confident in our attack now that we have Barba, he's decided to go with Maranta over Vidot for the added defense / safety under the high ball, that's probably his thinking, it's still horrible though, surely there's someone better out there than Maranta who knows how to catch and tackle.

We all hoped for a dressed rehearsal this weekend, but lets not forget it's still only a trial.

Danoz Direct;2563887Is Vidot injured or something? He should be in the side and starting this game said:
Playing Q Cup

Jets aren't playing this week so no he's not.

Last edited:
Re: Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

As has been warned in other threads, let's leave the get rid of Hook stuff to the thread it belongs!

I'm okay with comments about him regarding this trial, but the posts about replacing him with Walters and other similar opinions, do NOT belong here.

This is a trial, Parker at Prop might be:

- Giving Glenn, Thaiday and Gillett a chance to prove their worth and who gets the starting spots in Rd 1
- Parker starts at Prop and moves to second row after 15, 20 mins, allowing Hannant/Kennedy to keep the momentum going.
- Parker moves to Prop and we keep Glenn, Gillett in the second row, and Thaiday at lock, which might prove a good move with Sammy's ball playing ability.

We could really do worse than any of the above with our forwards, keeping in mind we have Oates, Ofahengaue, Molo and Lowrie waiting for a chance too!

I really hope Vidot has a slight injury issue, and that is the reason he isn't in the team, while Maranta is.
On the other hand, I will stop hating on Lachlan, and hope he suddenly discovered that you're supposed to cross the try line and put the ball down to actually score, and that the best way to do that is to actually try to avoid the opposition players tackling, either by running over them (not gonna happen), or by evading contact and going over the side line as well!
Meaning: Duck, weave and dive to the ****ing try line you goof!

I don't think Maranta got the memo about the corner post rule being abolished

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • BRC088
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rowdy124
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • The Strapper
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.