Trial #3 Warriors vs Broncos - POST GAME DISCUSSION

I feel so sorry for the BHQ'ers who were staying away from the live chats and waiting for the delayed coverage on Nine.

If you wanted to avoid the score, you'd be an absolute idiot to come onto these forums and visit the Brisbane Broncos talk section. I know Porthoz made a warning and all, but seriously, if the game got spoilt because you came into Broncos talk then you shouldn't get sympathy. It'd be like going to a nightclub and complaining it's loud.

Besides, if someone didn't found out accidentally they were just done a public service. Now they know not to watch (well, unless they are SJ fans. Then you can watch the first half at least!)

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Cameron Smith just made up his mind about sticking with the Storm, it also wouldn't surprise me to see Milford suddenly develop a new found love for Canberra.

Warriors deserve some credit . There are some saying they didn't go full tilt but they had one of their warriors day out. We've seen it before . Having said that we were exposed . I thought Copley was good with limited opportunities.

shaun johnson didnt even play the second half. they had a number of outside backs missing.

It's a trial but I still can't see any change to how we've played. It looks very very bad for our season and the career of Hook.

On a mod note.

Since the game isn't due to air on Brisbane FTA TV until 4pm, you cannot discuss this game in any other thread WITHOUT spoiler tags until the game is over at 6pm.

This shouldn't be a problem in the future, but say if you wish to comment on something mid-match, be respectful to our other users and use those tags!

Hey [MENTION=7748]Mt Smart[/MENTION], you've got to be impressed with that trial, surely after today's efforts it will be a very promising year for the Warriors.

I feel so sorry for the BHQ'ers who were staying away from the live chats and waiting for the delayed coverage on Nine.
@Porthoz, are u sure I can't warn them not to bother watching it? No Bronco fan deserves to go through that if they don't have to.

PS. To everyone else, stay away from twitter or any other forums, we are currently the laughing stock of the NRL ;)

Nah Parramatta takes the cake there

One of the worst performances in Brisbane's history. Even if it was a trial, that was embarrassingly horrendous.

We have no spark in attack, Ben Hunt has potential but seems to not want to take control of the game. Nikorima also has potential but looks shy in defense. Maranta needs to go, why he is in there when we have Vidot and Oates available is beyond me. Mills had good and bad patches but again, Vidot and Oates are better options, or Hoffman if Barba plays fullback. McCullogh played well but went blind side way too much and controlled the game too much. I put that down to Hunt and Nikorima/Strasser not taking any control though. Since his sacking from the captaincy Sam Thaiday has looked very good, determined where as last year he was one of the laziest players. I'm in on the sack Griffin bandwagon too, has the guy ever heard of a back line ? We seem to just run hit ups all game, no creativity. ALso, what happened to Brisbane's great scramble defense we used to pride ourselves on ?

Its so frustrating to watch, to know we have so much potential, but for many reasons we just don't live up to the potential.

Eels got rid of Chris Sandow, so they are getting rid of their jokers. We still play Maranta every week. Ergo, the Eels are better.

Eels got rid of Chris Sandow, so they are getting rid of their jokers. We still play Maranta every week. Ergo, the Eels are better.

Sandow would be an enormous upgrade on our current halves, and that's saying something.

#BringBackCoreyNorman

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.