PLAYER Tristan Sailor

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
What do we do with this guy, he clearly is a very skillful player and a luxury fullback cover if Walsh isn't available, in that round 27 game against Storm which we didn't win he showed skills that only Walsh could do better from that positon with exceptional longball skills as well as the good short kicking game.

The biggest issue is his body is small, unlike his dad, it is hard transitioning him to the outside backs because of that, centre is possible if he adds a bit of weight but I don't think he has even played there and defensively it isn't a simple position to throw someone in.

is he a player we are destined to lose eventually or do we try put him in the outside backs as a viable option?

I think he’d make a good half. Could learn under Reynolds. He demands a team around the park, has a good kicking and passing game. Lots of potential

I think he’d make a good half. Could learn under Reynolds. He demands a team around the park, has a good kicking and passing game. Lots of potential
I totally agree, but he's too good of a player to be sitting in reserve grade for 2 to 3 years. Surely someone like tigers or dragons will snap him up, if not he would light it up in super league.

I think he would be a better 6 than Madden would be, who doesn't look comfortable there.

disagree, I think Walsh is an out and out fullback will be there for the rest of his career.
If he doesn't get a big injury completely agree, if he does become a Half it's a 7 not a 6.

Way too creative to be a secondary half, imo he could even be a 7 now if he really wanted to.

Has a better kicking game than even Sam Walker atm, the closest half skilled player to his age.

With salary cap pressure, how much do we pay Ezra? Running 5/8s are common. I would really like to keep Ezra, but at 700-800k?

His grand final performance added a lot to his negotiations. Could Tristan do that role at a fraction?

We have two expensive centres, a million dollar plus prop. Pat isn't cheap either. Walsh will get his mill.

Where's the give?

His grand final performance added a lot to his negotiations. Could Tristan do that role at a fraction?

We have two expensive centres, a million dollar plus prop. Pat isn't cheap either. Walsh will get his mill.

700-800K, sure. I'm OK sacrificing one of Cobbo or Staggs if it means having a gun 5/8th when next contract negotiations arrive. You need an overall great spine to win premierships.

I think going to Leigh is very good for him, alongside Lam he will be contention for man of steel off the bat imo, and honestly leigh play the closest of all teams in super league to how Broncos play so he should slot in very easy.

he is definitely too good to be a fullback that plays a couple of games a year for us depending purely on Walsh unavailability.

A very creative fullback, I can see him doing wonders in England and finding himself in NRL within a year or 2.

With Sailor at that team I think they should have a very strong chance at winning the title next season, I'll definitely be watching them closely next year.

I think going to Leigh is very good for him, alongside Lam he will be contention for man of steel off the bat imo, and honestly leigh play the closest of all teams in super league to how Broncos play so he should slot in very easy.

he is definitely too good to be a fullback that plays a couple of games a year for us depending purely on Walsh unavailability.

A very creative fullback, I can see him doing wonders in England and finding himself in NRL within a year or 2.

With Sailor at that team I think they should have a very strong chance at winning the title next season, I'll definitely be watching them closely next year.
I'm not sure about being back in a year or 2 unless he wants to come back for family/noy liking it reasons. Few reasons for this.

Nrl clubs are understandably resistant to sign up backline players to much more then depth from the esl. And if he's coming back for depth, why is he going in the 1st place? He obviously loves his team mates here and is in a winning team having a good time. If he's going to get a starting spot and play a key role and earn some more dollars over in England then it will work but I dont think its a quicker route to a starting gig back in the nrl for a backline player maybe a prop or to move yourself up the pecking order for 3rd or third to2nd but not as a top 13 player, especially at a big club. I think his current route has more likelihood of achieving it tbh.

Tristan's not your average footballer. He has a BA, BCom and a JD, so he's not reliant on a post footy career spruiking grass seeds on SEN. He would know if he stays with the Broncos, he has **** all chance of a starting position at fullback unless Reece is unavailable. Which is still likely to be at least half a dozen games, and probably more given how often fullbacks get injured. But if he wants more than that he has to become more of a utility. At which point, he will eventually be facing off against Billy. Good luck with that.

He might have other reasons to eye a move abroad, given his dormant qualifications, and the baggage he carries from his time out of the game.

Tristan's not your average footballer. He has a BA, BCom and a JD, so he's not reliant on a post footy career spruiking grass seeds on SEN. He would know if he stays with the Broncos, he has **** all chance of a starting position at fullback unless Reece is unavailable. Which is still likely to be at least half a dozen games, and probably more given how often fullbacks get injured. But if he wants more than that he has to become more of a utility. At which point, he will eventually be facing off against Billy. Good luck with that.

He might have other reasons to eye a move abroad, given his dormant qualifications, and the baggage he carries from his time out of the game.
It depends really, from what I have seen he is already better than a few teams fullbacks in NRL but if he hits it out of the park in England I can see a team in NRL trying to sign him, I think long term 6 would his position though, he has had a few years out of the game but to me at least he has kept that promising style he showed at Dragons before hell broke lose with the court case.

Considering he is staying I hope we see him playing more positions outside fullback, Would like to see how he handles Half cover at 6 At least during the season considering he has the playmaking fullback style suitable for 6, I do think still he is very much a luxury fullback cover, he is better than alot of NRL teams first choice fullbacks atm.

I Think for his own career though it might be a bummer he couldn't join Leigh though, it would of been the ideal team to rebuild his career.

I really rate the guy I do hope he finds his way into the game.

Active Now

• HVbronco
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.