PLAYER Tristan Sailor

I get it from our point of view as a club, but at the same time I still think you need to do what's best for the player sometimes.
We typically always do allow players to leave and at the detriment to the club... Capewell being a prime example of it just this year.

The club might've looked at it and thought it's just too much considering how much we've already lost from last year and we have no backup for his spot in the 30 if he's let go.

I think if we had a young stud that was ready to fill into his position or if there was someone on the market that we were already in talks to bring in... then we wouldve let him go.

There has to be some give each way as well... Tristan had just signed a 2yr deal only a couple months before he's asking for a release.

If he wanted to go then why sign the deal??

Walsh wasnt going anywhere so he knew what his role was going to be.

I still think he'll be allowed to go, but the club probably want some runway to figure out who fills the void before letting him go.

We typically always do allow players to leave and at the detriment to the club... Capewell being a prime example of it just this year.

The club might've looked at it and thought it's just too much considering how much we've already lost from last year and we have no backup for his spot in the 30 if he's let go.

I think if we had a young stud that was ready to fill into his position or if there was someone on the market that we were already in talks to bring in... then we wouldve let him go.

There has to be some give each way as well... Tristan had just signed a 2yr deal only a couple months before he's asking for a release.

I still think he'll be allowed to go, but the club probably want some runway to figure out who fills the void before letting him go.
In the bigger scheme of things the only player I've regretted us losing was Walsh. So glad he come back.

I'm confident Donuts knew what he was doing when he let Capewell go. That said, I still can't picture the bench needed to replace his utility.

If only...

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 24 at 11 30 40 NRL BRONCOS TRAINING Brendan Piakura centre in actio

Things can change very quickly with the player market tbf. I know of quite a few players who sign deals then get interest from other teams. Happens all the time. Even taking the contract situation into things, i just think its wrong to hold back a reserve player who has an opportunity to get regular footy. I think he made the right choice to financially secure a couple of years with us when he did, but i also think he is right to ask for a release as well when the situation changed. Its not like when things haven't suited us with certain players contracts we havent moved them on. We cant have things both ways.

I guess its just one of those things now where i dont think its unfair for either the player or the club to want what they want, its just my own opinion we should just give him the chance to player regular footy.

He had the opportunity to leave like 5 months ago. He hasn’t played for the broncos since so it’s not like his value has increased in that period. He is here for 2 years. Sure after one fine but he is as valuable as a Reggie comes and will be required to win some important games throughout the year. What happens if god forbid Walshy goes down for a prolonged period and we all of a sudden have to shift our entire backline to put Selwyn at FB because we let go of our back up FB mid pre-season without being able to get an adequate replacement in return.

I for one think he is very able to be playing regular first grade footy in the NRL let alone Super League but this is something he should have thought about a few months back. Not our problem and not our responsibility to accomodate that when he made a conscious decision **** all time ago. Sure in a years time when he has provided a bit of value and has given us some time to find someone else sure possibly a bit shitty to deny him that opportunity. But on the flip side he could go to utter shit, get injured, whatever and we are stuck with him for 2 years where he has the security of a contract through that period. It works both ways. Broncos aren’t the ***** for enforcing a contract when he hasn’t even been through the first pre-season of it.

Which club or clubs wanted to sign him 5 months ago? As far as i am aware, he only had a concrete offer recently. There may have been a few links, but no offers i dont believe.

Thats a pretty short sighted attitude really with the "not our problem "mentality. If you turn into a club that doesn't do the right thing by the players ( and i'm not saying we have to do it for everyone either ) word gets around and players may look elsewhere for opportunities.

Like i said earlier, we didn't play the moral high ground with well paid, under contract players we didn't want on the books anymore. We pretty much forced them out the door. Seems certain people only want to play the under contract card when it suits the agenda.

I wouldn't be against having him as our 17th man used in a Hynes like role when he was at Melbourne, he is far too good to be wasted in Qcup you put him fresh later in the game I feel he will do huge damage to teams in that scenario, most likely as a 3rd half/roaming lock or even a 2nd fullback.

I think it's a bit of a shitty move blocking a backup player from getting regular first team football, especially at his age.
I agree, if he could go but we blocked him that isn't something I would agree with, Sailor only played 4 times with us last year he is obviously above playing at the level he is at right now, and you can see a player that would be pretty much man of steel competing quality off the bat.

Especially a team like Leigh who play very similar footy style to we do, with the expansive running.

Though I think he should be playing NRL, the court case killed years of his career and he is ready from my view, Dogs would be the easy fit atm, even Parra by moving Gutho to centres would work well for I think, Canberra would be an easy role for him too.

I think the playmaking fullback atm is very valuable right now with how the game is atm.

I know it's crowded competition wise on our wings - but is that where he fits this year? Surely he's doing all he can to bang down the door for a regular gig in our squad.

..... possible disclaimer?
Well he is at Vegas so maybe Kevvie has other plans this year.

Best case scenario for him he plays a Hynes like role when he was at storm playing 17.

it wasn't me who said Qcup though pretty sure I put player as the topic when I made this.

Well he is at Vegas so maybe Kevvie has other plans this year.

Best case scenario for him he plays a Hynes like role when he was at storm playing 17.

it wasn't me who said Qcup though pretty sure I put player as the topic when I made this.

I'll update the thread header. They are QCUP and player are next to each other though.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Lostboy
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Emanon
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.