PLAYER Tristan Sailor

I’m glad he’s staying, possibly a bench spot but I’d be giving him first look at fullback and halves if injury occurs. Not sold on Jock yet.

Considering he is staying I hope we see him playing more positions outside fullback, Would like to see how he handles Half cover at 6 At least during the season considering he has the playmaking fullback style suitable for 6, I do think still he is very much a luxury fullback cover, he is better than alot of NRL teams first choice fullbacks atm.

I Think for his own career though it might be a bummer he couldn't join Leigh though, it would of been the ideal team to rebuild his career.

I really rate the guy I do hope he finds his way into the game.

Where dif you see they he is staying?

Where dif you see they he is staying?
Leighs owner said the deal was off, rumour was we tried to swap him for lam and they rejected the whole thing(source on this is patchy asf though, and doesn't make sense to me because there is no realistic way you could get Lam for the min wage Sailor was on).

But in reality I don't think he meets the SL overseas player requirements as they have to play a set number of NRL games in the previous few seasons to qualify for a UK visa.

Leighs owner said the deal was off, rumour was we tried to swap him for lam and they rejected the whole thing(source on this is patchy asf though, and doesn't make sense to me because there is no realistic way you could get Lam for the min wage Sailor was on).

But in reality I don't think he meets the SL overseas player requirements as they have to play a set number of NRL games in the previous few seasons to qualify for a UK visa.

They should just show them highlights of his few games last year

"**** yeah he'll carve up, let him in"

They should just show them highlights of his few games last year

"**** yeah he'll carve up, let him in"
He is no doubt good enough to be one of the best players in the league off the bat if he went but UK visas are really broken when it comes to sports, like In soccer they need a certain amount of international games to qualify which is stupidly hard if they are Brazilian or Argentinian, so the way they can get in is getting an EU citizenship first usually via Spain who have very relaxed requirements for south Americans(even though UK is not EU anymore the visas are very easy to get with EU citizenship).

This wasn't much of an issue a few years ago as Aussies would get a UK visa for basically everything but they stopped that.

Any player who even plays NRL semi regularly will get a visa to play super league.

Any player who even plays NRL semi regularly will get a visa to play super league.
Over many years yes, Tristan fails this due to the time he was out of the game battling his court case, he will more than likely get it next year covering Walsh and probably Mam this year.

Over many years yes, Tristan fails this due to the time he was out of the game battling his court case, he will more than likely get it next year covering Walsh and probably Mam this year.
he has lots of potentiial. if we have any injuries i am stokefd this lad is depth.

We need to see more of him in the halves.

Five games at 6 in Cup.

Lost 72-0 to Townsville
Lost 42-24 to Tweed
Lost 30-24 to Mackay
Lost 34-22 to Redcliffe
Lost 40-20 to Rockhampton

8/12 goals though so that's a positive.

It was horrible to watch, but I will say he was improving against the Capras and that was easily the best game there.

I will pick Rogers every time if the Broncos need a 6.

Five games at 6 in Cup.

Lost 72-0 to Townsville
Lost 42-24 to Tweed
Lost 30-24 to Mackay
Lost 34-22 to Redcliffe
Lost 40-20 to Rockhampton

8/12 goals though so that's a positive.

It was horrible to watch, but I will say he was improving against the Capras and that was easily the best game there.

I will pick Rogers every time if the Broncos need a 6.
Sure but didn't Ezra have a shit season going into his debut?

Rogers is more than likely the safe pick but it's hard to deny Tristian has the higher ceiling, even if it isn't his best position, he has alot more skills to use even if they haven't translated, but then again it would depend on what we are looking for as a replacement, if it was for the odd game sure Rogers would probably make more sense, but say if Ezra was out for a season early I would take the gamble on putting Tristian in if we aiming for a GF.

Also how many of those games was in their spoon year? I assume basically all of them right?

how much do you take that as gospel in a season they lose no matter where he played?

700-800K, sure. I'm OK sacrificing one of Cobbo or Staggs if it means having a gun 5/8th when next contract negotiations arrive. You need an overall great spine to win premierships.
Staggs will be the one moved on if he doesn’t take a hit in the back pocket. He lacks versatility compared to Cobbo.

Staggs will be the one moved on if he doesn’t take a hit in the back pocket. He lacks versatility compared to Cobbo.
No shame in being (among) the best in your chosen position. Kotoni is the incumbent Kangaroo centre.

I think it's a bit of a shitty move blocking a backup player from getting regular first team football, especially at his age.

He'll probably still go next year. It would be dumb of us to let him go without a quality replacement. Hopefully we promote a junior or can buy a solid backup next season.

Wouldn't really quote stats from '22 season, Magpies were dogshjt in '22.

He'll probably still go next year. It would be dumb of us to let him go without a quality replacement. Hopefully we promote a junior or can buy a solid backup next season.

Wouldn't really quote stats from '22 season, Magpies were dogshjt in '22.
I get it from our point of view as a club, but at the same time I still think you need to do what's best for the player sometimes.

I get it from our point of view as a club, but at the same time I still think you need to do what's best for the player sometimes.
I think in situations wherein they're leaving the league entirely, I agree.

But when we're releasing to other NRL clubs, no. You never see Melbourne or Roosters or anyone release anyone they don't want to, regardless of whether it's good for the player or not.

I think it's a bit of a shitty move blocking a backup player from getting regular first team football, especially at his age.
He had the opportunity to leave like 5 months ago. He hasn’t played for the broncos since so it’s not like his value has increased in that period. He is here for 2 years. Sure after one fine but he is as valuable as a Reggie comes and will be required to win some important games throughout the year. What happens if god forbid Walshy goes down for a prolonged period and we all of a sudden have to shift our entire backline to put Selwyn at FB because we let go of our back up FB mid pre-season without being able to get an adequate replacement in return.

I for one think he is very able to be playing regular first grade footy in the NRL let alone Super League but this is something he should have thought about a few months back. Not our problem and not our responsibility to accomodate that when he made a conscious decision **** all time ago. Sure in a years time when he has provided a bit of value and has given us some time to find someone else sure possibly a bit shitty to deny him that opportunity. But on the flip side he could go to utter shit, get injured, whatever and we are stuck with him for 2 years where he has the security of a contract through that period. It works both ways. Broncos aren’t the ***** for enforcing a contract when he hasn’t even been through the first pre-season of it.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • barker
  • Emanon
  • Organix
  • jd87
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brotherdu
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.