NEWS Truth about Bennett's involvement in Boyd's four year deal

All we can do is hope that there is a clause in his contract that has the final year in the clubs favor or some shit. Because he will be goneskies.

If he lies to put the spotlight on White, I doubt that will help him in future negotiations with the Broncos.

I imagine his players are far keener to talk to South's and Brisbane right now.

Seems like a good manager too me.

I imagine his players are far keener to talk to South's and Brisbane right now.

Seems like a good manager too me.
Souring a long-term relationship with one of the NRL's richest clubs for no actual benefit doesn't sound like good management to me.

Souring a long-term relationship with one of the NRL's richest clubs for no actual benefit doesn't sound like good management to me.

Playing the club you need to play at the right time does though.

In the pre-season he was running personal best times for sprints. His body was in the best condition it had been in years.

If this is actually true and he was setting personal bests at training, then that tells me his problems are entirely mental.

I would love to see what reaction dropping him would have, but it doesn't sound like it's going to happen for a while yet if at all. Hopefully Isaako being at fullback in ISC will put pressure on him because that's realistically the only player that can replace him at the present time.

I ninja edited my post, perhaps before you saw the second line. I just have no idea why the manager would come out and say that if it wasn’t the truth.

WTF is ninja edit Broncsgoat? I'd be happy to stick up for him if I took 10% of the value of the contact in fees like his manager would have

Hahaha oh my god.

It's all Lockyer.

Look what he's done with the QLD team and you can see the same type of errors in judgement happening at the Broncos

WTF is ninja edit Broncsgoat? I'd be happy to stick up for him if I took 10% of the value of the contact in fees like his manager would have

Its an edit made to a post before the first response. I added something to my post that got quoted and it was clear that the second part of my post hadn't been published before I was being quoted.

Mimis isnt defending Boyd in anyway and isnt Bennett's manager afaik?

Last edited:
Hahaha oh my god.

It's all Lockyer.

Look what he's done with the QLD team and you can see the same type of errors in judgement happening at the Broncos

Can the Nine expert panel grill Lockyer on his role on all this **** ups? He seems to go in hiding when it comes to post game analysis after Broncos losses.

"Boyd is now in the second year of his four-year extension, however most clubs include certain provisions in the contracts in relation to ageing players to protect themselves in case of injury, form slumps and possible mental health issues."

read between the lines, fellow optimists ;)

Maybe Mimis is on good terms with Bennett and the crafty old fox is just trying to apply more heat on White by getting him to put this article out.

Basically, 'Hey look, White has been making bad decisions for a while, including sacking me, don't put this one on me.'.

A bit of a stretch maybe.

I think the Broncos needed to sign Mal Meninga as coach

Maybe Mimis is on good terms with Bennett and the crafty old fox is just trying to apply more heat on White by getting him to put this article out.

Basically, 'Hey look, White has been making bad decisions for a while, including sacking me, don't put this one on me.'.

A bit of a stretch is possibly a mild understatement.

No more heat needed. They just pumped us by 32 points.

The article came out because a journalist decided to follow up the facts around this commonly made accusation. The accusation was that WB signed Boyd, who WB had looked after as he might a son, to an overly favourable contract.

The journalist sought out the facts of the matter and it was how the more reasonable amongst us thought. WB told the Broncos he wanted Boyd and the board agreed. WB left the board to do it's thing which it did.

If you have a presupposition then these facts may not suit your narrative but it's out there and statements from one person who was absolutely central in the negotiations is totally at odds with the accusation. If anybody could tell you who they dealt with it would be the person making the contract. That should be good enough for a reasonable person.

WB DIDN'T give Boyd a contract. Deal with it.

The article came out because a journalist decided to follow up the facts around this commonly made accusation. The accusation was that WB signed Boyd, who WB had looked after as he might a son, to an overly favourable contract.

The journalist sought out the facts of the matter and it was how the more reasonable amongst us thought. WB told the Broncos he wanted Boyd and the board agreed. WB left the board to do it's thing which it did.

If you have a presupposition then these facts may not suit your narrative but it's out there and statements from one person who was absolutely central in the negotiations is totally at odds with the accusation. If anybody could tell you who they dealt with it would be the person making the contract. That should be good enough for a reasonable person.

WB DIDN'T give Boyd a contract. Deal with it.
I love it how the media are the most unreliable source for information.... Until it matches what I think.....

He was involved in negotiations, but not too much a player manager said.. OF COURSE THE BLOODY CEO WAS THE MAIN PERSON IN THE NEGOTIATIONS, THAT'S HIS FUCKING JOB. But to say, based on this article, that Bennett had no say in it is laughable. Of course Bennett has a say in the contract length, at the time the contract was signed Bennett was the coach for the foreseeable future and it was known that roster management was one of the key stipulators in his deal to come back to the broncos in 2014, which was strengthened when he made the gf in 2015.

At the end of the day, the ceo ticked off on it so he's an idiot too but ffs stop with this "it's not Bennetts fault in any way whatsoever" stuff.. THE LAST FOUR CLUBS HE HAS LEFT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THIS EXACT SAME POSITON, but hey, I'm sure it's just a coincidence right?

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.