NEWS Truth about Bennett's involvement in Boyd's four year deal

The journo sought out the facts from a man from what is stereotypically a very sleazy, underhanded profession where lies and misinformation is a part of everyday life. I seriously doubt coaches from any team sit in on negotiations with player agents. Most reasonable people would listen to both sides of a story before jumping to conclusions. I'm pretty sure everyone has acknowledged White shares the blame too but common sense dictates Bennett WAS involved in Darius' contract talks, even if not directly to his agent.

Is anyone on this forum a statistician? I would love for someone to calculate the likelihood of 4 clubs in a row finding themselves in the same predicament the year after the same coach (or manager of a department) left but it being of absolutely no fault of his..

I reckon it'd be about 1,000,000,000,000,000/1

Maybe Mimis is on good terms with Bennett and the crafty old fox is just trying to apply more heat on White by getting him to put this article out.

Basically, 'Hey look, White has been making bad decisions for a while, including sacking me, don't put this one on me.'.

A bit of a stretch maybe.

Mimis is Bennett's manager and Lockyer too.

lmao well that makes sense.

Sort of.m weird timing for the article. Wayne and Boyd all signed up for the next 3 years. Only reason I can see for it other than it being the truth is Wayne trying to gain some sway at souffs by distancing himself from the current debacle surrounding Boyd.

I love it how the media are the most unreliable source for information.... Until it matches what I think.....

He was involved in negotiations, but not too much a player manager said.. OF COURSE THE BLOODY CEO WAS THE MAIN PERSON IN THE NEGOTIATIONS, THAT'S HIS FUCKING JOB. But to say, based on this article, that Bennett had no say in it is laughable. Of course Bennett has a say in the contract length, at the time the contract was signed Bennett was the coach for the foreseeable future and it was known that roster management was one of the key stipulators in his deal to come back to the broncos in 2014, which was strengthened when he made the gf in 2015.

At the end of the day, the ceo ticked off on it so he's an idiot too but ffs stop with this "it's not Bennetts fault in any way whatsoever" stuff.. THE LAST FOUR CLUBS HE HAS LEFT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THIS EXACT SAME POSITON, but hey, I'm sure it's just a coincidence right?
Ok numbnuts, quote me. Quote where I stated that WB 'no say whatsoever' or 'it's not WBs fault '.
What's marvelous is how when a hater has an agenda and evidence comes out that the haters agenda is unfounded and his claims are proven false they squeal like a pig and then try to pile on irrelevance after irrelevance. I mean, the last four clubs wah wah wah, crying like a little bitch.

I've stated repeatedly that WB said he wanted Boyd but there's no evidence that WB had a say about the length or value of the contract. What there is evidence of is the fact that WB wasn't involved. Get over it, you've got nothing but anger to back up your claims.

At the end of the day, the ceo ticked off on it so he's an idiot too but ffs stop with this "it's not Bennetts fault in any way whatsoever" stuff.. THE LAST FOUR CLUBS HE HAS LEFT HAVE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THIS EXACT SAME POSITON, but hey, I'm sure it's just a coincidence right?
Well yeah, he's usually a far better coach than whoever replaces him. The same will happen at Melbourne.

You seem to climbing out of a grave here.

It’s widely known WB was dismissed due to the amount of say he had on recruitment, hence Souths saying he had no say as a prerequisite of his employment.
I thought it was reported that on his return to the Broncos he was not going to be given the keys to the kingdom. I don't believe WB could dictate how long contracts could be or what their value was, he just wasn't empowered to do that. I have no doubt he argued for Boyd to get a good contract but the notion that WB 'gave his step son whatever he wanted' is just pure hate filled crap.

Ok numbnuts, quote me. Quote where I stated that WB 'no say whatsoever' or 'it's not WBs fault '.
What's marvelous is how when a hater has an agenda and evidence comes out that the haters agenda is unfounded and his claims are proven false they squeal like a pig and then try to pile on irrelevance after irrelevance. I mean, the last four clubs wah wah wah, crying like a little bitch.

I've stated repeatedly that WB said he wanted Boyd but there's no evidence that WB had a say about the length or value of the contract. What there is evidence of is the fact that WB wasn't involved. Get over it, you've got nothing but anger to back up your claims.
Numbnuts? What are you 12 years old? Haha..
"crying like a little bitch" haha settle down Mike tyson, it's a fucking Internet forum. When someone has no good points in an argument they often revert back to aggression, you're giving a great example of this. And wheres your evidence? Wayne Bennetts manager backing up Wayne Bennett but not actually denying he had involvement? That's your evidence? haha... "hater" lol wow, you may actually be 12. Argue the points rather then trying to be the forums tough guy. And no I don't have just anger, the likelihood that all 4 clubs just coincidentally find themselves in the same position after the same coach leaves and players are signed to long term deals that shouldn't have been when he was coach (a person who historically has the biggest input into roster management) is about 1 billion to 1. Take your blinkers off for once, and stop acting like someone did a shit on your front porch every time Bennett is questioned

L
I thought it was reported that on his return to the Broncos he was not going to be given the keys to the kingdom. I don't believe WB could dictate how long contracts could be or what their value was, he just wasn't empowered to do that. I have no doubt he argued for Boyd to get a good contract but the notion that WB 'gave his step son whatever he wanted' is just pure hate filled crap.
Haha you are surely joking here? Look at who was let go and look at their comments at the time, then look at the players we signed and the comments Bennett made backing them up and tell me he had wasn't in charge of recruitment.. Take your blinkers off

Balance. That's a foreign concept. Everything is either all the way one direction or the other.

Numbnuts? What are you 12 years old? Haha..
"crying like a little bitch" haha settle down Mike tyson, it's a fucking Internet forum. When someone has no good points in an argument they often revert back to aggression, you're giving a great example of this. And wheres your evidence? Wayne Bennetts manager backing up Wayne Bennett but not actually denying he had involvement? That's your evidence? haha... "hater" lol wow, you may actually be 12. Argue the points rather then trying to be the forums tough guy. And no I don't have just anger, the likelihood that all 4 clubs just coincidentally find themselves in the same position after the same coach leaves and players are signed to long term deals that shouldn't have been when he was coach (a person who historically has the biggest input into roster management) is about 1 billion to 1. Take your blinkers off for once, and stop acting like someone did a shit on your front porch every time Bennett is questioned

You should try to understand that there are two sides to a story, not just your version. I think my view is as unblinkered as it's possible. I try to see both sides and don't allow my hate (non currently exists) or my bias to influence my views. You clearly don't. You have decided WB is guilty of all manner of crimes which is why you try to bring in unrelated matters when the only matter being discussed is Boyd's contract. That's why your opinion is virtually valueless, it's ill considered and demonstrably unreliable because of it's biased characteristics.

Balance. That's a foreign concept. Everything is either all the way one direction or the other.

You should try to understand that there are two sides to a story, not just your version. I think my view is as unblinkered as it's possible. I try to see both sides and don't allow my hate (non currently exists) or my bias to influence my views. You clearly don't. You have decided WB is guilty of all manner of crimes which is why you try to bring in unrelated matters when the only matter being discussed is Boyd's contract. That's why your opinion is virtually valueless, it's ill considered and demonstrably unreliable because of it's biased characteristics.
All opinions have an element of bias, OPINIONS aren't objective they are subjective and are prone to bias due to differing World views and experiences. But hey, only yours isn't. Only yours is perfectly balanced and thought out. Dead set have a listen to yourself haha if you left it at me being biased it would have been an OK comment, but you had to act like you're opinion is so well constructed and thought out that you are the only person who isn't skewed by bias when forming an opinion. It's just made you sound like a tosser tbh

All opinions have an element of bias, OPINIONS aren't objective they are subjective and are prone to bias due to differing World views and experiences. But hey, only yours isn't. Only yours is perfectly balanced and thought out. Dead set have a listen to yourself haha if you left it at me being biased it would have been an OK comment, but you had to act like you're opinion is so well constructed and thought out that you are the only person who isn't skewed by bias when forming an opinion. It's just made you sound like a tosser tbh
How dopey can you be ? I didn't write my opinion is without flaw, I wrote I TRY to be unbiased not that I am unbiased. You sound like a tosser because you deliberately misrepresent what I wrote. By the way, it's not 'revert back', it's simply revert.

How dopey can you be ? I didn't write my opinion is without flaw, I wrote I TRY to be unbiased not that I am unbiased. You sound like a tosser because you deliberately misrepresent what I wrote. By the way, it's not 'revert back', it's simply revert.
Hahaha and no one else tries. Just you I'm sure. It's an Internet forum, not a thesis hahaha I guarantee if it was I'd show you how smart you are...

I fundamentally disagree that there’s two sides to a story. There always only one story. There’s different angles, but only one story.

Yes there may be different angles, but the story can only be one. Differentiating the angles from the overall story is what makes insight and resolution.

What I believe is going astray on your own WB arc is that you don’t entertain any of the grey area. I know you are more than capable of existing in this grey area, which makes it so surprising.

Be honest. Admit your suspicions. Lose the (false) loyalty. WB has only been loyal to himself.

One could argue that he was loyal to his players but that never transpired into performance in recent years. He allowed subpar performance and taught Darius his recent infamous quote, “There’s more to life than footy (sic)”.

I love WB. Not as a coach anymore, but as a mentor to troubled youth. Having control of a roster was his undoing, especially with the salary cap being monitored and the aura of the Broncos diminished.

I feel he lost his way once he lost his family. His life priorities changed, and that’s fair enough, but not when you are the major party in formulating a team that is backed under the ASX.
I would somewhat agree that there are the facts of a matter and then each parties perspective. Two sides to a story never meant that there are two sets of facts it simply meant two perspectives as we all know. If you could shed light on this grey area I might know what you mean by grey. I'm always bothered by certainty. By that I mean posters on here screaming about this or that based on a news report and a presupposition or bias. The certainty I refer to is that which exists in their minds. They are certain they know everything, certain they know what someone intended, certain they know what someone thought. It seems that so few can actually step back and consider everything with the knowledge they don't know everything. There's so much we don't know about everything reported yet many act as if all is known.

So, that's my view and when hell freezes over I'll stop calling it out when I see it. I'll continue to consider all angles or perspectives.

May I remind you - the old fella - that there is nothing certain except death and taxes?

I’m all about grey mate. I yearn for the ignorance of black and white. Life would be so much easier.

You know what I’m talking about.
Roger that, you don't have to remind me about certainty. Black and white ignorance is the province of the young. It's because the grey exists I cannot lay the blame solely at WBs feet for the length and value of Boyd's contract. If posters and journalists alike were saying the Broncos fucked up and by that we all understood it to mean, the Broncos board and coach Bennett then I wouldn't have an issue at all because that would reflect the facts as we know them. It's when the accusation is made that it was solely Bennett and it's with a clear agenda then I'm going to object.

Oh joy and excitement, another fight about WB, I have not seen one of these for ............... minutes.

One thing I have learnt over many many years is that there is always multiple versions of the `truth'. I have seen this numerous times. You should see the different versions that a number of witnesses will all give of the same event that they were present at. Sometimes you have to wonder if they were all that same event. Yet, in most cases each of those people were telling the `truth' as they saw or recalled it. So whilst I agree @soup that there is only one universal truth, when you bring humans into it, you just get shades of grey.

@Huge old mate, what is completely missing from the article and from the entire narrative about Boyd's contract is any version from White, the other Broncos powerbrokers and Bennett. So, any view that you express about it (like everyone else) is not an informed view at all because you and everyone else do not have complete information to base any opinion on. The extent of Bennett's influence and involvement in the negotiation of the terms of that contract or getting the contract over the line remain unknown.

In my view, everyone that has commented on it has been commenting from a position of bias premised upon their views of Bennett.

From my recollection Boyd's contract took a long, long time to be finalised and I suspect that WB had a significant role in getting that contract over the line. Was he the ultimate decision maker? Clearly no. Did he influence the ultimate decisions makers? I believe yes.

Did he do so to shaft the Broncos? I do not believe that. He did not have a crystal ball and was not too know that there was going to be such a significant fall in Boyd's form etc. Did he do so with the intention or partial intention of looking after Boyd? Only one person knows that and we will never know.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • broncomax
  • TimWhatley
  • Volvo Driver
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Behold
  • broncos4life
  • mrslong
  • Fozz
  • Bronx48
  • lynx000
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bert_lifts
  • azza.79
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.