RUMOUR Valentine Holmes returns to Cowboys

I'd be hesitant to lock him in on $1m coming back from the NFL. 700k or so would be worth a punt.

Who was the last big name signing on big money that came in that has worked out for us? Arguably Milford. Have to go a long wya back before that.

I'd be hesitant to lock him in on $1m coming back from the NFL. 700k or so would be worth a punt.

Who was the last big name signing on big money that came in that has worked out for us? Arguably Milford. Have to go a long wya back before that.

Milford hasn’t given us much return. I’d say Folau gave us most return for his star status but even that was very hot and cold. Our best bet is to grow our own superstars eg. David Fifita.

Milford hasn’t given us much return. I’d say Folau gave us most return for his star status but even that was very hot and cold. Our best bet is to grow our own superstars eg. David Fifita.

Was Milf on big money in 2015?

Whatever the investment, he returned in 2015 and most of 2016. Since then, it's been up and down.

We've been crying out for a big name, big dollar halves signing since Locky.

Hayne was also much lazier and had a bigger ego that Holmes. not a great mix

How quickly people forget that Hayne played some very good seasons - in fact I don't think I've ever seen a more dominant player than what Hayne played in 2009 and several other seasons. He aged ... and he became slower. But he was a brilliant player in his time.

How quickly people forget that Hayne played some very good seasons - in fact I don't think I've ever seen a more dominant player than what Hayne played in 2009 and several other seasons. He aged ... and he became slower. But he was a brilliant player in his time.

Which other seasons? He was good for patches in 2014, namely Origin. Otherwise, he was the definition of inconsistent.

Hayne was very good, never became great because of attitude.

Hayne might have been the most naturally talented nrl player of all time (Inglis and Taylor or the others that come to mind). He just never had that extra personality trait to make the most of it.

Last edited:
Hayne might have been the most naturally talented nrl player of all time (Inglis and Taylor or the others that come to mind). He just never had that extra personality trait to make the most of it.

Taylor?

I don't want the Broncos chasing Holmes despite my belief that he's very talented. We have enough good players in the positions Holmes could fill. We do lack a really solid 6 and 7 so that's the only areas we need to strengthen in my opinion. I say, let the others fight for Holmes at the projected prices.

Dave I'm guessing
Would work for Ash too. All the talent in the world, just needs a better environment. Could be twice the player Cleary is if he had the same work ethic.

David
[automerge]1571573595[/automerge]
I don't want the Broncos chasing Holmes despite my belief that he's very talented. We have enough good players in the positions Holmes could fill. We do lack a really solid 6 and 7 so that's the only areas we need to strengthen in my opinion. I say, let the others fight for Holmes at the projected prices.

I agree except I think we need a 1 and a 7. And Holmes is a pretty decent 1.

Last edited:

so you need to go all the way back to 2009 to find a decent year for him ... when he was a rookie and even then he wasn't great for the whole season ... people only remember the back half when he went on his amazing run and forget the rest of his career

David
[automerge]1571573595[/automerge]

I agree except I think we need a 1 and a 7. And Holmes is a pretty decent 1.
Yes but were I king I wouldn't be paying 750k + for a fullback who MAY regain his form. That said I believe Holmes would in all likelihood get back to top shelf after a season, provided his heart was truly in it.

We just have such terrible luck when it comes to big name signings. They hardly ever come off well for us.

We just have such terrible luck when it comes to big name signings. They hardly ever come off well for us.

That's because we have rarely made the right decision.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • Manlyman
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.