RUMOUR Valentine Holmes returns to Cowboys

That's because we have rarely made the right decision.
What have the other options been though? We are used as a bargaining tool to get larger contracts at bullshit clubs that offer ridiculous money to nobodies. For all the advantages we supposedly have, 80% of the talent pool grow up despising us, the rest are with us until they're 19 and are offered dumb contracts to leave. The salary cap ***** us more than it helps us.

What have the other options been though? We are used as a bargaining tool to get larger contracts at bullshit clubs that offer ridiculous money to nobodies. For all the advantages we supposedly have, 80% of the talent pool grow up despising us, the rest are with us until they're 19 and are offered dumb contracts to leave. The salary cap ***** us more than it helps us.

Well we never should have let Ennis and Civo walk away first of all, those were braindead decisions that have haunted the club for years. Ennis was an external signing and worked great for us, and was dumped for the sake of McC essentially.....Yeah that was a brilliant call, and the disaster with Civo is well documented already.

In terms of the 80% who despise us, well frankly they are welcome to. Our nursery right here in Southern QLD is perfectly suitable enough for us, and I'm pretty sure when that region is taken on its own, your percentage is basically reversed. The problem is, the club have acted sooo fucking arrogantly when dealing with juniors that the likes of Melbourne and other clubs have just walked into our digs and raided our fucking pantry while we just sit there letting them beat us to the best talent.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted, but Paul Green is NY currently trying to recruit Holmes to go to the Cows.

Its going to be difficult to prise him away from the Cowboys. If he comes back i think his and his partners family and friends will be a big, big pull for him and a lot of them are in Townsville.
It's an odd one because they got Scott Drinkwater, who has a lot of potential as well. Maybe if they got holmes they would release him.

Not sure if it's been posted, but Paul Green is NY currently trying to recruit Holmes to go to the Cows.

We should go after whoever is displaced from their spine if that happens. Probably going to be drink water or Clifford.

Isnt Green over there anyway doing a course similar to what Seibs did at Harvard?

yep, it's being reported that the Cowboys are also putting him through a course at Harvard ... a lot of money for the club to spend on a coach who has got to be on the verge of being sacked

Last edited:
Its going to be difficult to prise him away from the Cowboys. If he comes back i think his and his partners family and friends will be a big, big pull for him and a lot of them are in Townsville.

Holmes and Morgan married sisters.

Holmes and Morgan married sisters.

We can forget about Holmes then. With so many personal connections already there plus the Cowboys are gonna be paying him big money anyway, AND being in Townsville keeps him away from the Sydney and Brisbane media bubbles who will of course be tearing him apart if he comes back and doesn't live up to expectations.

His agent would have to be a moron not to suggest to him the Cows are the best option.

Fitting I guess. To me, Hayne, for all he did accomplish, was yet another 'what could have been'.

In terms of natural talent and feel for the game, it's Inglis by a mile.
Inglis doesn't come close. Hayne's 2009 season is the most dominant performance by a player I have ever seen, and probably ever will see. I have no doubt that a fit, firing and motivated Hayne is better than any other player before. Issue was, it was so rare and seemed to only occur when he was about to enter contract negotiations.

I don’t know. It shows respect and commitment from the club.
I don't care. Imagine you are living in NYC living it up and some guy with a face like Paul Green's jumps on a plane and comes and tells you he thinks you should move to Townsville.It would be hard to not go all NYC Matt Lodge on the fucker.

Inglis doesn't come close. Hayne's 2009 season is the most dominant performance by a player I have ever seen, and probably ever will see. I have no doubt that a fit, firing and motivated Hayne is better than any other player before. Issue was, it was so rare and seemed to only occur when he was about to enter contract negotiations.

It wasn't even a full season of strong performances. Too much dumb and selfish play from Hayne over the years.

Inglis was a better centre, better fullback and better 5/8th when he played there. Shit all over Hayne at rep level, too.

It wasn't even a full season of strong performances. Too much dumb and selfish play from Hayne over the years.

Inglis was a better centre, better fullback and better 5/8th when he played there. Shit all over Hayne at rep level, too.
I disagree. They were different players. Inglis was about size and power, Hayne was about finess and stepping etc.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.