RUMOUR Valentine Holmes returns to Cowboys

Funnily enough, the one guy who could make it in my opinion is Haas. Now, no one tell him that.

What position though? I don't think he'd really translate to the NFL, to be honest. Size wise he might be comparable to a fullback, though a lot of teams don't even utilise a FB any more, and it's not exactly the sexiest position. Tight end might also be a fit physically, but that's a lot to learn. Maybe defensive end, but he'd need to put on some bulk, and any defensive position is going to be difficult to pick up if you've never played the game before. As much of a freak as he is I just don't really see a position for him.

I think the best that guys from league could hope for in the NFL is to get a regular gig returning kicks and punts, but unless you are exceptional like a Hester or a Hall, those guys don't tend to stick around long, or get paid. I'll be interested to see how the Jordan Mailata experiment goes, but even if it succeeds it will be the exception you'd think, and will just go to show that you need to really put in time - you're not going to be an overnight sensation. I tell you what, though, if I was a gun goalkicker I'd try my luck, there's pretty good money available comparatively, and a lot of those guys have loooong careers with relatively little wear and tear. A bit like all these AFL guys heading over to punt - it's a better deal than getting thumped for an hour or so twenty-five weekends a year.

Last edited:
What position though? I don't think he'd really translate to the NFL, to be honest. Size wise he might be comparable to a fullback, though a lot of teams don't even utilise a FB any more, and it's not exactly the sexiest position. Tight end might also be a fit physically, but that's a lot to learn. Maybe defensive end, but he'd need to put on some bulk, and any defensive position is going to be difficult to pick up if you've never played the game before. As much of a freak as he is I just don't really see a position for him.

I think the best that guys from league could hope for in the NFL is to get a regular gig returning kicks and punts, but unless you are exceptional like a Hester or a Hall, those guys don't tend to stick around long, or get paid. I'll be interested to see how the Jordan Mailata experiment goes, but even if it succeeds it will be the exception you'd think, and will just go to show that you need to really put in time - you're not going to be an overnight sensation. I tell you what, though, if I was a gun goalkicker I'd try my luck, there's pretty good money available comparatively, and a lot of those guys have loooong careers with relatively little wear and tear. A bit like all these AFL guys heading over to punt - it's a better deal than getting thumped for an hour or so twenty-five weekends a year.

I honestly have no idea, I don’t care about NFL but physically he is more likely match with those giants than Hayne or Holmes.

Which other seasons? He was good for patches in 2014, namely Origin. Otherwise, he was the definition of inconsistent.

Hayne was very good, never became great because of attitude.

He was good enough to play for NSW over many season.

There are people who are brainwashed by the media to believe certain things.

Paul Kent said that because Hayne said certain things about him, he would make sure Hayne would pay.

And the brainless believe what they read.

Hayne was a champion over several seasons. One of the best.

Enjoy your media-induced delusion.
[automerge]1571824233[/automerge]
Which other seasons? He was good for patches in 2014, namely Origin. Otherwise, he was the definition of inconsistent.

Hayne was very good, never became great because of attitude.

Look at this show-real and tell me how pathetic Jarryd Hayne was:

It is really quite remarkable - the media's affect on the weak minded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stop watching highlight reels mate and start watching games.

The comments have nothing to do with what the media said. The proof is in the footage over the course of his career.

Paul Kent said that because Hayne said certain things about him, he would make sure Hayne would pay.

[automerge]1571824233[/automerge]

Look at this show-real and tell me how pathetic Jarryd Hayne was:

Well that was...unexpected.

Where did I say he was pathetic again? I said he was inconsistent, and he was. I said he was very good, but not a great of the game. That's an opinion.

Paul Kent said something about Hayne? Who cares what Paul Kent says?

How do you arrive at brainwashed by the media?

Weird level of butthurt in your post, man.

Hayne would be rated better if he played for the team instead of himself. No doubting his talent, but nodody can really say he was consistently at his best over his career.

Hayne would be rated better if he played for the team instead of himself. No doubting his talent, but nodody can really say he was consistently at his best over his career.

Even Hindmarsh said you never knew which Hayne was going to show up, the game buster or (he stopped just short of saying) the lazy Hayne. Can't say the same about true greats of the game.

Those 9 games in 2009 or whenever were some of the best games ever played. He never got close to having a full game at that level for the rest of his career. He did good things, but his inconsistency wasn't just a weekly thing, he came in and out of games a lot too.

Without a shadow of doubt, this rates as the most incorrect post I've ever read

The media circle jerk over Hayne was almost endless

Me and plenty others have considered Hayne over-rated for years, well before he left for NFL

If we were brainwashed by the media we would be in love with him

Hayne was the best player on the planet in 2009, but never got anywhere near that level again, but carried the reputation of being that good for years after

And so what if he was good enough to make NSW Origin? How hard is that? It's not like they were blessed with options, or did any bloody good

The Storm were the only side that was going to beat the Eels in 09’ finals and they turned out to be rorting the cap. IF he could’ve added that premiership where he starred like almost no other player ever has to his other achievements and highlights reel he probably goes down as an all time great.

Without a shadow of doubt, this rates as the most incorrect post I've ever read

The media circle jerk over Hayne was almost endless

Me and plenty others have considered Hayne over-rated for years, well before he left for NFL

If we were brainwashed by the media we would be in love with him

Hayne was the best player on the planet in 2009, but never got anywhere near that level again, but carried the reputation of being that good for years after

And so what if he was good enough to make NSW Origin? How hard is that? It's not like they were blessed with options, or did any bloody good
Sorry champ ... but YouTube showing Hayne scoring try after try after try over many years make show your media-induced delusion to be very real ... and probably incurable. Brainwashing is real in our day and age, and you need to understand champ, you have allowed your brain to be manipulated by the corrupt media.
[automerge]1571954101[/automerge]
Well that was...unexpected.

Where did I say he was pathetic again? I said he was inconsistent, and he was. I said he was very good, but not a great of the game. That's an opinion.

Paul Kent said something about Hayne? Who cares what Paul Kent says?

How do you arrive at brainwashed by the media?

Weird level of butthurt in your post, man.

No butthurt ... I could quote Paul Kent in a very nasty article, where he basically said he would be mustering his media mates to crush Hayne's reputation - merely because Hayne questioned their honesty (correctly).
No ... its just plain reality mate. The media have waged a war against Hayne for several years now ... and the weak minded, and those who can't think because they read it in the press it must be true, just keep singing along with the lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop watching highlight reels mate and start watching games.

The comments have nothing to do with what the media said. The proof is in the footage over the course of his career.

I challenge you to produce a highlight reel of any player that is close to Hayne's.

Let's just go through this again.

Hayne had the greatest season of all time by any player. He had many good/great seasons over three/four years. With age, his impact reduced. He scored some of the best tries of all time by an individual.

The media, toward the end of his career, publicly promised to wreck is legacy.

The media-luvvies, who believe everything they read, now only have hatred for Hayne. They only have disdain.

Gee ... I wonder why? Couldn't be the media could it? Nah ... because no other player had inconsistencies through their career or dropped off toward the end ... DID THEY?

Sorry champ ... but YouTube showing Hayne scoring try after try after try over many years make show your media-induced delusion to be very real ... and probably incurable. Brainwashing is real in our day and age, and you need to understand champ, you have allowed your brain to be manipulated by the corrupt media.
[automerge]1571954101[/automerge]

No butthurt ... I could quote Paul Kent in a very nasty article, where he basically said he would be mustering his media mates to crush Hayne's reputation - merely because Hayne questioned their honesty (correctly).
No ... its just plain reality mate. The media have waged a war against Hayne for several years now ... and the weak minded, and those who can't think because they read it in the press it must be true, just keep singing along with the lies.

Yeah he's probably a rapist. A religious fanatic. In love with himself. Over rated.

**** Hayne.

And you for that matter. You sound like one of Hayne's bitches, champ.

I challenge you to produce a highlight reel of any player that is close to Hayne's.

Let's just go through this again.

Hayne had the greatest season of all time by any player. He had many good/great seasons over three/four years. With age, his impact reduced. He scored some of the best tries of all time by an individual.

The media, toward the end of his career, publicly promised to wreck is legacy.

The media-luvvies, who believe everything they read, now only have hatred for Hayne. They only have disdain.

Gee ... I wonder why? Couldn't be the media could it? Nah ... because no other player had inconsistencies through their career or dropped off toward the end ... DID THEY?
Not the best season of all time, the best 9 GAMES of all time.

Everybody here despises the media, so to suggest their indifference to Hayne is thanks to some kind of media witch hunt is just plain moronic.

Who gives a **** how good Hayne's highlight reel is? That doesn't change the fact he had 9 great games and never reached that level again.

Denan Kemp has a great highlight reel, should he be an immortal?

Who gives a **** how good Hayne's highlight reel is? That doesn't change the fact he had 9 great games and never reached that level again.

Denan Kemp has a great highlight reel, should he be an immortal?

Wrong ... Hayne's highlight reel is over several years. But facts mean nothing heh.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.