Verbeek Ponders 2010 Exit

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
http://www.theworldgame.com.au/socceroo ... xit-265942

There you have it. The inside word is that Verbeek is looking for "new challenges" after Australia's 2010 World Cup campaign in South Africa, possibly looking to take up a club managerial role. Word has it that Football Australia are possibly keen to extend his contract which concludes at the end of the WC but he isn't taking the bait.

There are a few strong Verbeek critics on this forum, so I'd be interested to know everyone's feelings on this matter.

I am a fan of his to an extent, he has done reasonably well with the limited resources he has to work with but I don't like his refusal to change things during matches when we are getting run over by teams like Oman and Bahrain whom we should really be dictating the tempo. He is pretty hellbent on having us counter attack even against those sides and that shits me because we have some guys there who can play quality football and play a good tempo possession game. I would have preferred Phillippe Trousier to begin with and would love him to succeed Pim, I wouldn't mind Pim staying but if he goes we need to bring in an international standard coach that isn't quite as rigid as Pim.

yep, I like Pim as well. Hope we keep him.

I don't rate him much at all, I really think he's an ordinary manager. No love lost from me if he goes.

I think he has done an ok job.

But, IMO his mindset is far too negative.

I'm not too fussed if he stays or leaves.

Time to tip the replacement if he leaves gents.

I would love Dick Advocaat or Phillippe Troussier if either are available at the time.

I'm a bit unsure about Advocaat. If he spells his last name with an extra "a" he must be compensating for something. [icon_wink

The Gymp said:
I love dick or Phillippe Troussier if either are available at the time.

Fixed.

Silence, are you advocaating hiring Dick?

ningnangnong said:
Silence, are you advocaating hiring Dick?

Caan't say I know too much about him. I'll trust Gymp's judgment.

So the choices are Dick Advocate and Phil Trousers?

If we are really serious, we need to shell out and get Fabio Capello. Hes shown interest in Aus before. lets get him.

Didn't Capello say that England would be his last managerial job? The Dick would be great, but personally I wouldn't mind seeing Le Guen appointed.

As for Verbeek, I really don't care for him. He's not a bad manager, but nor is he a good one.

I'm beginning to really like The Dick tbh.

Active Now

• mystico
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Inknition
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • john1420
  • TimWhatley
  • teampjta
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.