RUMOUR Vidot also to Titans

So why not play the stop gap option that at least offers something worthwhile? Vidot's runs help put us on the front foot in sets. Our middle third players are skillful, but they don't bend the line as much as front rowers in some other sides do.

So why not play the stop gap option that at least offers something worthwhile? Vidot's runs help put us on the front foot in sets. Our middle third players are skillful, but they don't bend the line as much as front rowers in some other sides do.

So.. we all agree that Maranta & Vidot are both quite awful finishers, the only major difference between them is that Vidot makes more hit-ups and metres out of our end of the field, and Maranta is one of the safest wingers in the competition under the high ball.

Taking into consideration that whichever of the two is chosen is going to be played outside of Justin Hodges, one of the best metre eaters from dummy half in the world coming out of trouble, and who hasn't caught a bomb since he was 23.. wouldn't it make more sense to play Maranta to sort of counter-act Hodges weaknesses, and balance the team out a bit more?

It'd be great having 2 guys who can make 10 metres a run out of our own end on the right side of the field, but if the trade off is 2 tries scored down that side of the field and 3 bombs dropped a game.. I'm more than happy with Maranta over Vidot at this stage.

Did I mention that Maranta is 4 years younger than Vidot? Just thought I'd throw that in there for the "Vidot>Maranta" crowd.

Please move on from this argument.

^

Last edited by a moderator:
Maranta and Vidot's defence is pretty much equal(ly average). Maranta has the advantage of catching bombs, but offers even less in attack than Vidot. Vidot adds strong runs out of our own end to help hide some of the flaws in our forward pack.

Also as much as we all like Copley, it's all about attack with him too. He tackles worse than Vidot and Maranta, and has arguably the worst hands of the group too.

Maranta and Vidot's defence is pretty much equal(ly average). Maranta has the advantage of catching bombs, but offers even less in attack than Vidot. Vidot adds strong runs out of our own end to help hide some of the flaws in our forward pack.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I just said.

I just love it. All last year everyone was chuffed to bits with vidot. This year Bennett drops him and all of a sudden a certain subset of bhq are just piling it on him saying hes just a stop gap and isn't a good player lol. Turn it up.

As someone said, the writing is on the wall for vidot by the looks of it. Hope he signs with someone else and kills it like he did last year. We'll be languishing with our nuffy wingers who make 4m a hitup and only do 8 of them a game.

Vidot is the best winger we've got on our roster.

Maranta, Kahu, Reed, and Copley (Cronulla bomb) and Oates even have all at times equally fucked up in the "finishing" category or under the high ball more or less as frequently as Vidot.

None of them come close to his kick return ability. Guaranteed 10m+ every hit up, very rarely a dominant tackle and almost always stayed on his feet versus, good result if they don't get gang tackled and pushed back -5m.

This is an enourmously undervalued addition to our ability to stay competitive in the grind. Vidot would force another third man in to every tackle - it wasn't a gimme. This set the platform for our next forward hit up to have that marginal advantage of hit up against a defender who has just had to make an effort on effort. Very much the same as Inglis or Hayne do for their respect teams.

Maranta and Kahu give away 20kgs to Vidot and unless there's a good kick return from the fullback just don't have the size trouble the defensive line consistently.

When you've got a C+ kicking game with Hunt and Milford, you need Vidot.

All last year everyone was chuffed to bits with vidot.

Get your facts straight before you straight up lie.

There were a number of fans that said despite his metres, that Vidot wasn't a winger and the Broncos shouldn't play him there moving forward.

I even had a go at them, saying he at least deserved credit for 2014, although I've always maintained that he's a stop-gap option and I'm just waiting for him to end up like he did at the Raiders and Dragons.

Vidot is the best winger we've got on our roster.

Maranta, Kahu, Reed, and Copley (Cronulla bomb) and Oates even have all at times equally fucked up in the "finishing" category or under the high ball more or less as frequently as Vidot.

None of them come close to his kick return ability. Guaranteed 10m+ every hit up, very rarely a dominant tackle and almost always stayed on his feet versus, good result if they don't get gang tackled and pushed back -5m.

This is an enourmously undervalued addition to our ability to stay competitive in the grind. Vidot would force another third man in to every tackle - it wasn't a gimme. This set the platform for our next forward hit up to have that marginal advantage of hit up against a defender who has just had to make an effort on effort. Very much the same as Inglis or Hayne do for their respect teams.

Maranta and Kahu give away 20kgs to Vidot and unless there's a good kick return from the fullback just don't have the size trouble the defensive line consistently.

When you've got a C+ kicking game with Hunt and Milford, you need Vidot.

I have to disagree with this point ... Vidot is the second best winger we have on our roster, the best winger on our roster is currently recovering from an Achilles injury.

I have to disagree with this point ... Vidot is the second best winger we have on our roster, the best winger on our roster is currently recovering from an Achilles injury.

1409786503_1386512792_1hos61l_39dl3hj5.gif

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

FWIW ... from the Lurker

[h=2]@CSD87 what does Vidot need to do to get a run w/ @brisbanebroncos? He's dropped weight like asked and offers more than Reed/Maranta The Lurker: Wayne has made it clear he is not a favourite son. Not anytime soon. Needs to find a new club in 2016. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)[/h]

Out of interest. Was Vidot at the dragons in 2011

Nope.

2012-13.

Vidot was in and out of first grade in 2011 at the Raiders when he should have been challenging Yow Yeh for a Test spot.

Not really a rational thought, but I hope we don't lose Vidot. Liked him at Canberra, and I think he has a role to play in the team, maybe as bench utility.

Doesn't have great hands, and can definitely improve on last year.

I think a lot of our outside backs would look a whole lot better if we didn't have oppositions constantly rushing our predictable plays.

I think Wayne's lost his marbles. Seriously vidot is 5 x the player maranta is. Maranta is safe u der the high ball but as soon as someone touches his legs he falls over, weak defender and when gets in some space looks like a dear in headlights. Vidot makes about average 10 mt per hit up maranta flat out making 4

I think Wayne's lost his marbles. Seriously vidot is 5 x the player maranta is. Maranta is safe u der the high ball but as soon as someone touches his legs he falls over, weak defender and when gets in some space looks like a dear in headlights. Vidot makes about average 10 mt per hit up maranta flat out making 4

sometimes it doesn't even take someone to touch his legs for him to fall over

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.