RUMOUR Vidot also to Titans

Wouldn't be a bad thing Imo. Then we could try Eden or Anderson for a game or two...

I don't care what people think about this comment but if Vidot goes to the Titans or anywhere else, I absolutely hope he goes absolutely great guns and even against us. Without knowing any inner details, it just really seems he didn't have a chance from the moment Benny signed on and I don't care how anyone justifies it, if that is the case it is completely unfair.

Whether it was a case of a self-fulfilling prophecy or something else, he didn't look near his 2014 standards against the Titans (and I'm not singling out the dropped ball).

Could be just getting back up to NRL standard and fitness, who knows.

Vidot and Oates pounding back those kick returns would be an awesome sight.

I'd love to see Marmin get a run on the wing. Kids a freak and faster than lightning.

He's still at the jets for now though right? Not a long term solution but out of personal curiosity it'd be interesting to see him in first grade

The Lurker says he's going to the Dogs because Bennett doesn't like his "laid-back" attitude to training. Sounds to me like he's put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Bennett just seems to simply not rate Vidot that highly.

The Lurker says he's going to the Dogs because Bennett doesn't like his "laid-back" attitude to training. Sounds to me like he's put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Bennett just seems to simply not rate Vidot that highly.

When you consider that Vidot was dropped and told the sort out certain things, to which is response was to try and find another club, gets a chance to impress with a return to top grade and drops a simple ball that lets the titans back in the game, I would say Bennett seems right on the money here. That laid back attitude wouldn't be to just training, generally people that are laid back at training are also laid back during a game, which leads to errors, something Vidot is very guilty of. I just wish Bennett would give someone like Anderson a shot and only use Vidot when we are in serious trouble injury wise.

Wally Lewis must be an exception! He played with gritty determination while still maintaining a laid back approach to training. With Vidot there seems to have been a lot of people who got the same impression about him, I doubt they are all wrong. Meaning of course that he has a laid back approach and not that he was Lewis like !

Last edited:
Wally Lewis must be an exception! He played with gritty determination while still maintaining a laid back approach to training. With Vidot there seems to have been a lot of people who got the same impression about him, I doubt they are all wrong. Meaning of course that he has a laid back approach and not that he was Lewis like !

There is always an exception to the rule. Simple fact is rather than work on the things Bennett said he needed to he sulked and tried to find another club. That alone is enough for me to want to see the back of him.

Lewis was also a different era. ciggies at halftime, beers after the game. He probably wouldn't get away with the attitude to same extent these days, Mind you talent trumps training.

And we all know how Wally finished up at the Broncs ...

Langer was the same and they are completely different eras, so it's very hard to compare.

In any case the main difference (besides the obvious) is that players can be successful and have a laid back attitude as long as that doesn't affect their game. It seems obvious that this attitude isn't doing wonders for Vidot's game or career.

Wow, Vidot dropped a ball, ergo... his attitude on the field is too laidback*, never mind his meters carrying defenders on his back.

No player personifies laidback* more than Adam Blair, but that's ok in his case... :noidea:

* Whatever laidback may mean when you're playing the game at NRL level.

Wow, Vidot dropped a ball, ergo... his attitude on the field is too laidback*, never mind his meters carrying defenders on his back.

No player personifies laidback* more than Adam Blair, but that's ok in his case... :noidea:

We were commenting on an article that said he had a laidback attitude. That's all we can comment on.

If you need us to write at the end of each post *this post is solely based on the information supplied and is being discussed, I have no connection to (Insert Player Name Here) so can only participate in a discussion forum based on what is reported*

That will get boring pretty quick

At the end of the day he was dropped, told to work on certain aspects of his game, his reaction? Find another club, so seeya later as far as I'm concerned, yes he makes good metres, however he doesn't score tries unless they are fall over the line, and he drops the ball plenty of times for them as well, isn't safe under the high ball and is suspect in defence, does the one out weigh the many?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.