RUMOUR Vidot also to Titans

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A journo just told NRL 360 that he's heard rumblings that Vidot is also on the outer and the Tits are after him.

Maybe we should just call them the Brisbane Titans.

A journo just told NRL 360 that he's heard rumblings that Vidot is also on the outer and the Tits are after him.

Maybe we should just call them the Brisbane Titans.

That was no journo, that was dobbo. His strike rate is, yeah...

That was no journo, that was dobbo. His strike rate is, yeah...

Oh really, I was told it was a journo.

Well pinch of salt and all that, but I can't imagine Vidot would've been too happy about being dropped after his season last year. He must've felt hard done by

For those who don't know. Dobbo is Triple M's man "in the know".

I heard Dobbo (a self confessed Broncos tragic) once say that the Broncos last premiership win was in 2007.

He knows **** all.

I heard Dobbo (a self confessed Broncos tragic) once say that the Broncos last premiership win was in 2007.

He knows **** all.

Yep, he is also a self confessed bulldog tragic. He's a dead set gibberer

Everyone here has seen how much Vidot wants to work his way back into the 17 and how good his attitude has been. No way this is true. If Bennett finds out he's even been in talks with the Titans there's no way he can get back into the team.

ford1220.jpg

Everyone here has seen how much Vidot wants to work his way back into the 17 and how good his attitude has been. No way this is true. If Bennett finds out he's even been in talks with the Titans there's no way he can get back into the team.

I love my job but if someone just up the road offered me twice the money and a guaranteed promotion (ie first grade spot) I'd probably jump ship.

With all this shit going down at the Titans, of course there are going to be rumblings about some of our players being chased by them.

Hopefully it's all wrong and we can keep Vidot as i think he still hasn't reached anywhere near his full potential with us yet.

Doubt there's much in this rumour.

Hope we do hang onto him for the long term though. He's got some stuff to work on, but he is worth persevering with. He brought a lot of value to the team last year.

I'd like to see him on the right consistently. I thought he looked more comfortable there for Samoa.

What have we learnt over the past 4 years? Just because you aren't the incumbent in Round 1, does not mean you will not play first grade or one day get a crack in your preferred position or that greener pastures are going to yield a guaranteed spot in your preferred position.

Gerrard Beale, Josh Hoffman, Corey Norman, Ben Barba and conversely those that bided their time; Ben Hunt, Lachlan Maranta, Dale Copley, Lowrie, Dodds, *gulp* Whitchurch.

Vidot won't push Gordon or Mead off the wing.

I won't lie, I'd love to see Vidot go to the Gold Coast "For an opportunity to prove himself in first grade" and then get stuck in QCUP for 2 seasons.

Players need to learn that sometimes they just aren't good enough to walk into a starting 17 at every club, Vidot proved last year that he has some value, but in this day and age you need to be able to catch the ball and finish tries at a good clip to be in first grade, and he quite simply cannot.

I won't lie, I'd love to see Vidot go to the Gold Coast "For an opportunity to prove himself in first grade" and then get stuck in QCUP for 2 seasons.

Players need to learn that sometimes they just aren't good enough to walk into a starting 17 at every club, Vidot proved last year that he has some value, but in this day and age you need to be able to catch the ball and finish tries at a good clip to be in first grade, and he quite simply cannot.

I agree absolutely, especially watching Hoffman unravel, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We don't even know if the rumour has any truth to it, and if it does, whether Vidot instigated it or the Titans did, and even then whether he has shown any genuine interest in going there for an easier chance at a starting spot.

From everything I've read about him, and everything I've seen posted from him, he seems to be 100% committed to the Broncos. And is perhaps even relishing the chance to get back in the side as to do so would mean he has improved and proven to Bennett that he is capable. It could all be BS, he might be putting on a brave PR face, but until I see evidence otherwise, people suggesting he may be another spoiled brat who'd prefer to go somewhere where it's easier rather than become simply a better player, doesn't sit well with me. And this is not aimed at you [MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION], as you seem to be speaking in the hypothetical, I just don't want fans to turn on him when he seems to be doing everything right.

Vidot overlooked for Oates. I think the the writing is on the wall for Vidot. It is clear he is not one of Bennetts Boys..

So we'll just play without any wingers at all then.

So we'll just play without any wingers at all then.

Dunno how many times I have to repeat myself on this issue..

Maranta & Vidot are stop-gap options, we don't have anyone better at the moment, the second we can sign someone who can score tries, they're gone.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.