RUMOUR Vidot also to Titans

What I'm saying is that Vidot is the most valuable choice out of the bunch. So if I'm repeating....

You said they're virtually equal on defence with different aspects of their game greater than the other, safe as a house under the high ball vs good metre eater out of our end of the field, it's debatable which is more valuable, I think safety is more important, especially next to Hodges.

Nope.

2012-13.

Vidot was in and out of first grade in 2011 at the Raiders when he should have been challenging Yow Yeh for a Test spot.
Thanks BP. Couldn't remeber if he an Wayne had history.

I'm going to stand by my hope that it's just tough love. From the outside, Vidot does seem like a stereotypical douchebag, and on social media he's spruiking anything that's even remotely related to fitness, health, or of that "lifestyle" appearance, which I would think would not be especially pleasing to Bennett. Some (most?) will say that Bennett should let the players do what they want, so long as they train & perform well, but we all know Wayne is a stickler. He'll be giving Vidot tasks (eg, the weight loss) for two reasons - one, because he believes it will be beneficial (duh), but just as importantly, two, because he'd want to see a relative improvement in Vidot's maturity, which will have to be something he'd have to undertake of his own will. Put it this way - if Vidot does get back in the Broncos' 17, then we know for sure that he's earned it.

I think Wayne's lost his marbles. Seriously vidot is 5 x the player maranta is. Maranta is safe u der the high ball but as soon as someone touches his legs he falls over, weak defender and when gets in some space looks like a dear in headlights. Vidot makes about average 10 mt per hit up maranta flat out making 4
Surprised you think of him that way ! He might look better in a leopard leotard !

I like your post Morkel and agree that WB does what he believes is best for the team....I'm very sure there have been players in the past who have not been to WBs liking but have consistently been selected . Sailor used to make WB shudder but he performed and that was enough for WB ( I like to think the egotistical Sailor grew on WB ) If Vidot plays the house down and achieves consistent performance then WB will overcome any prejudice he MAY have towards Vidot.

You said they're virtually equal on defence with different aspects of their game greater than the other, safe as a house under the high ball vs good metre eater out of our end of the field, it's debatable which is more valuable, I think safety is more important, especially next to Hodges.

Especially when forwards can make a bunch of metres but how many kick returns does anyone else on the field do?

Surprised you think of him that way ! He might look better in a leopard leotard !

I like your post Morkel and agree that WB does what he believes is best for the team....I'm very sure there have been players in the past who have not been to WBs liking but have consistently been selected . Sailor used to make WB shudder but he performed and that was enough for WB ( I like to think the egotistical Sailor grew on WB ) If Vidot plays the house down and achieves consistent performance then WB will overcome any prejudice he MAY have towards Vidot.

WB said that as much about Wendell. He was an show pony loud mouth, but a lovable one, and one who produced and WB needed that around his teams which is how their friendship grew.

Bennett just doesn't rate Vidot. End of story. He's dead.

And Vidot's playing style is not the type of game, for a winger, that demands selection from first grade. Unless he's scoring 4 tries a game for Ipswich, good luck.

Bennett needs another prop (some might say pity he cut Hannant and Kennedy's laziness was apparently uncoachable by the supercoach, but I digress). Vidot cant' succeed at this assignment to evolve into a prop - he's a pretty boy winger who smashed the gym for 3 years, so I can't see him returning to first grade any time soon.

You may well be right. I just believe WB would put the team first and not allow any personal dislike to colour his judgement on Vidot so Vidot ,if good enough ,will be given a chance..

You may well be right. I just believe WB would put the team first and not allow any personal dislike to colour his judgement on Vidot so Vidot ,if good enough ,will be given a chance..

Turn it up Huge.

He certainly allows that perception to be taken by the rugby league public.

At the very least, once his mind is made up about a player, for better or worse, he's dead.

BRISBANE-BRONCOS.png

Turn it up Huge.

He certainly allows that perception to be taken by the rugby league public.

At the very least, once his mind is made up about a player, for better or worse, he's dead.
No problem...I guess that makes me a gullible sheep. I'm a little uncertain though how you have come to the conclusion that WB has made up his mind although I acknowledge that you may know WB personally and have discussed this matter. I hope WB is the kind of person I think he is, one who weighs things on merit and bases his judgements on the results unlike, say, people who believe religion.

No problem...I guess that makes me a gullible sheep. I'm a little uncertain though how you have come to the conclusion that WB has made up his mind although I acknowledge that you may know WB personally and have discussed this matter. I hope WB is the kind of person I think he is, one who weighs things on merit and bases his judgements on the results unlike, say, people who believe religion.

Hasn't Bennett said He's a talented player who'll make his way back, or words to that effect.

Vidot headed for Broncos exit | NRL | Zero Tackle

Daniel Vidot’s career at the Broncos is all but over with the out-of-favour winger granted compassionate leave after a potential move to premiers Souths collapsed on Wednesday.
The Courier-Mail understands Vidot could leave the Broncos within a fortnight as his management ramps-up discussions with a number of NRL rivals.
The Rabbitohs had made preliminary inquiries into signing Vidot to help ease their backline injury saga, but the premiers have decided against making a formal offer.
Vidot contacted officials at Broncos feeder-club Ipswich yesterday informing them he is unavailable for Sunday’s clash against Sunshine Coast, a sign he is headed for the Red Hill exits.

Welp, that's it then.

I don't care what people think about this comment but if Vidot goes to the Titans or anywhere else, I absolutely hope he goes absolutely great guns and even against us. Without knowing any inner details, it just really seems he didn't have a chance from the moment Benny signed on and I don't care how anyone justifies it, if that is the case it is completely unfair.

For what it's worth (not much) Vidot is being looked at by the dogs and could be gone midseason.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Thelmus
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • armchair
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.