RUMOUR Vidot to Bulldogs

Gotta feel for the poor bugger he tries hard and he's passionate about being a bronco

I want him to stay as he has the passion. If good enough, he will be retained. WB is not an idiot and I have no doubt if Vidot could reduce his errors to an acceptable rate he could play origin . He is already proven on the international stage and if things keep going the way they are Samoa will beat Australia in a fair dinkum test. That is of course provided they keep improving as they have and the growing number of NRL hardened first graders. When they can field a full team of those players and have surplus to choose from they will eventually beat an Aussie side.

The problem for Vidot is, he is a defensive liability both in the air and when the ball is run as he showed against Manly the other night

I really hope he can stay somehow. I hope he can keep performances like Friday night up so he forces bennetts hand

You can't underestimate a player who will bleed for your jersey. IMO if Bennett wasn't entertaining keeping him, he wouldn't have been in our 13 this week. There were too many depth options to not have Vidot a deliberate choice.

really, really hope he stays.

That's the shame with Vidot. He loves the club and wants to stay. Genuinely, which is quite rare these days. Unfortunately his errors (which have reduced in his recent games) have been SO obvious and at bad times when we need to play some conservative footy and get through our sets. It'll be a bomb in our 20, the first hit-up coming out of there or he drops it with the line open. Not like going up for a contested bomb in attack and it bounced off both players or a pass going to ground in the middle of the field.

Defensively yeah he made an error in getting drawn in because Reed did too. Not scapegoating Jack, just pointing out why it happened. Happens to everyone. Lyon, DCE and Stewart didn't put him into touch for his try, so they failed there too.

Hopefully he takes a tonne of confidence out that game and keeps that standard. I like him and hope Wayne does too enough to keep him.

I love Maranta and think he has a massive future, perhaps more so than others on here, however I still dream of us entering the GF this year with two monster wingers in Vidot and Oates.

I love the fact Vidot loves the club and he has handled himself very professionally and admirably throughout this season and I think that is why he played last week. I think Bennett will not forget his efforts to break back into the side ala Hancock and not jump at the first opportunity ala Barba (yes I'm aware there were other issues there).

Hang on, I like Vidot as much as the next man but where's all this "he bleeds for the club" coming from? Earlier this year he tried to leave for the Rabbitohs and then IIRC took a week or two off after the deal fell through.

When he plays well he's an asset to the club, but if he leaves I don't think he'll be missed terribly. Maranta is more wingery and if you want a monster I think Oates offers more. IMO our full strength team has Oates and Kahu on the wings. Still would be nice having Dan for depth though.

Hang on, I like Vidot as much as the next man but where's all this "he bleeds for the club" coming from? Earlier this year he tried to leave for the Rabbitohs and then IIRC took a week or two off after the deal fell through.

When he plays well he's an asset to the club, but if he leaves I don't think he'll be missed terribly. Maranta is more wingery and if you want a monster I think Oates offers more. IMO our full strength team has Oates and Kahu on the wings. Still would be nice having Dan for depth though.

While he's not needed, I'm pretty sure he was told to shop himself around when the Rabbitohs thing fell through.

Although i could be wrong ... I don't recall him once saying he wants to leave. In fact all statements have been to the contrary.

The Lurker seems to be the one "revealing" rumours of all these clubs he is supposedto be joining, but none have been right.

Even In this most recent article about him possibly joining the Bulldogs before june 30, he says he loves the club and wants to stay and prove to Bennett thathe should be a regular in the 17

I want him to stay as he has the passion. If good enough, he will be retained. WB is not an idiot and I have no doubt if Vidot could reduce his errors to an acceptable rate he could play origin . He is already proven on the international stage and if things keep going the way they are Samoa will beat Australia in a fair dinkum test. That is of course provided they keep improving as they have and the growing number of NRL hardened first graders. When they can field a full team of those players and have surplus to choose from they will eventually beat an Aussie side.
Assuming all their best players don't just choose to play for Australia to get a chance at origin that is. That's the problem with the International game, origin is too big an appeal for players to choose their real country of choice and only play a few games and lose a lot of income. It would be a lot stronger if players could play origin (assuming they're still eligible) and not HAVE to play for Australia.

Assuming all their best players don't just choose to play for Australia to get a chance at origin that is. That's the problem with the International game, origin is too big an appeal for players to choose their real country of choice and only play a few games and lose a lot of income. It would be a lot stronger if players could play origin (assuming they're still eligible) and not HAVE to play for Australia.
I think Josh McGuire is the model though isn't he ? He has after all played for both Samoa and Origin. I think you're right though, it would be strongest if someone could be an islander, choose his state allegiance and still represent the country he is descended from. Truthfully, the barriers placed for the islanders are artificial and plainly ridiculous . My best example is the indigenous team, you do not require a single drop of aboriginal blood to play for them, you can be 50 th generation welsh/irish and still play for them, you only have to utter the magic words, 'I identify with indigenous culture'. You never ever will be asked to 'prove' you are aboriginal enough.

Last edited:
Great maybe one day we can have a SoO which is actually Samoa v NZ:rolleyes:

I think Josh McGuire is the model though isn't he ? He has after all played for both Samoa and Origin. I think you're right though, it would be strongest if someone could be an islander, choose his state allegiance and still represent the country he is descended from. Truthfully, the barriers placed for the islanders are artificial and plainly ridiculous . My best example is the indigenous team, you do not require a single drop of aboriginal blood to play for them, you can be 50 th generation welsh/irish and still play for them, you only have to utter the magic words, 'I identify with indigenous culture'. You never ever will be asked to 'prove' you are aboriginal enough.

Josh McGuire is not the example to use IMO. I mean, the guy was born in Australia, grew up in Australia. His mother has Samoan heritage and that's how he qualifies. Even if Samoans could play Origin, I bet if you forced Josh to choose between Australia and Samoa he'd be choosing Australia, all other things being equal.

Origin isn't the only issue encouraging playerd to choose Australia. I read a Mascord article a while back which stated the different nations paid different amounts for rep games. I can't recall the numbers but Australia and NZ paid their playerd significantly more than the small nations. IIRC the PNG players get 5 bucks and a packet of chips.

Origin isn't the only issue encouraging playerd to choose Australia. I read a Mascord article a while back which stated the different nations paid different amounts for rep games. I can't recall the numbers but Australia and NZ paid their playerd significantly more than the small nations. IIRC the PNG players get 5 bucks and a packet of chips.

And they still show more heart than a lot of players playing in the top teams.

Last edited:
What does Vidot hope to achieve by going to the Bulldogs anyway? He is literally a 0% chance of making their team when fully healthy, Rona is the leading try scorer in the NRL and Perrett is better than him in almost every aspect... And they certainly don't need any more props.

IIRC, Origin pay is something around 100-150k, depending on if you win or lose, PLUS the possibility of being chosen for Australia and earning that money too. No one in their right mind would choose to play for a minnow nation if they have a chance of playing Origin and playing for Australia. The money is too big to knock back, especially if you're not already on big money.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.